Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

The TESLIVE Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to thank every single person who attended. You all made this a better event. Not a single complaint, from anyone, the entire weekend. We (the organizers) all feel the appreciation and it feels pretty damn great to have been part of this.

Thank you, all.

I knew it was going to be a great conference when I saw you in the elevator, calm as could be, feeling secure that everything was being handled. And it was.
Well done, everyone involved!

I've made friend(s) on TMC that will last a lifetime!

+1 to all the positive messages. TesLive 2013 was spectacular, and we will look back and remember it like the Apple events of the '80s are remembered.
I've made friend(s) on TMC that will last a lifetime!
In the 'early' days I was driving my Roadster back from SD to LA and knew I'd run out of juice...
through the forum I contacted Daedalus; nobody was home but he gave me his garage door code,
told me to charge and told me how to get into his home and enjoy the beer in the fridge!
Never had met me but was paying it forward.
The next day I posted my house on Recargo as a waypoint for others to charge (this was before charging was 'ubiquitous')!
Pay it forward!

I met another guy (on the blogs not in person) here on TMC but this guy was in Madrid. No chance we'd ever meet, right?
Then my family was on vacation and stopped for a layover in Madrid.
This guy invited all of us back to his house & he and his wife and kids graciously entertained us, Espana style!
Fast forward to Teslive and I made a post that I was going.
mgemmell posted that he was actually an exhibitor and that his eldest son would be there too.
They traveled the 2nd farthest to be at Teslive (markwj had the distinction as the furthest).
It was an all to brief encounter but one that added that much more to the Teslive experience!
Thank YOU Teslive!
2013-07-13 10.14.16.png.jpg

Wow- I'm actually doing a forehead slap in that photo . . .

But listening to George B. hold court was great. I found the parts about doing business in China especially interesting. I had no idea most cars there were literally purchased with cash. And that a non-trivial portion of that cash was fake and thus a currency counter was essential.

Cool,

What else did George share? We all could not fit in the circle around him!