Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The TESLAQUILA thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
I'm sure I'm not the only one who instantly thought Mr Musk's April Fool post should develop into yet another marketing ploy.

So here's a thread about that. First question from me:

Whoever first tries this, what are your impressions of the joy juice? There have been a spate of celebrity tequilas starting up recently - isn't George Clooney involved in one such? I've become quite partial to certain añejos in recent years, but a friend who spent last winter sailing around Baja brought back a local joven that is absolutely fantastic ("Puerta de Hierro").

Is it well-sourced, or is it rebottled nasty?

Do you like the label?

Should it actually be called as per Mr Musk's first tweet: "Teslaquilla"? I like that, too....

Last edited by a moderator:
29415854_1556789691086190_2468543774909792256_n.jpg
29416521_2077095449029765_5237317325861945344_n.jpg

No fashion designer tequila. Put something in the bottle that tastes like tequila.
Procure something affordable yet tasty like Don Julio Anejo. Good value in a premium tequila. Patron apparently means urine in Spanish.

Then put it in a fashion bottle and mark it up. The higher you price it, the better it tastes I've heard.

No fashion designer tequila. Put something in the bottle that tastes like tequila.
Procure something affordable yet tasty like Don Julio Anejo. Good value in a premium tequila. Patron apparently means urine in Spanish.

Then put it in a fashion bottle and mark it up. The higher you price it, the better it tastes I've heard.
How much is a bottle of Don Julio Anejo in the Us (curious)

How much is a bottle of Don Julio Anejo in the Us (curious)

I think it's about $50 for the anejo and about $150 for 1942, which are 100% blue agave. It's not Jose Cuervo. You don't use it for mixed drinks, you're buying it for its flavor, no need to mask it with salt or lime. Salt and lime are used to get a bad taste out of your mouth. You want the aftertaste of a good tequila, it's the best part.

If you really like the taste of tequila, and want to experiment with the premium tequilas try Porfidio anejo. It will be a golden color and there is a glass saguaro cactus inside the handmade bottle. That way if I'm wrong you have a cool looking bottle for deco purposes. I personally believe it's the world's best tasting tequila. The good news is that after the tax stamp fiasco, it's no longer $400, it's closer to $125. IMO, it was still worth it at $400, and I would have it on hand for creating memories.

Trivia - All tequila comes from one state in Mexico by definition. If it's not made in Jalisco, it is unlawful to call it tequila. The Mexican government is very strict on this. Counterfeit tequila exists and is a problem.

Last edited:
Impressive price in Netherlands! Strange, though: although that bottles label seems to suggest the standard 750ml, the price description says 700ml. I'll believe the former.

Anyway, in the normally close-to-lowest USA prices, I see that it is $54.99 in New Hampshire (net - no tax).

Don Julio 1942 is $133.99 net - and here are current prices for the top-shelf tequilas for sale in NH - btw, there is some high-qualtiy....or at least really high-priced! Jose Cuervo....
Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 7.35.36 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: njxman