Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Showroom is cutting me off -- lol --

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me and everyone else on this forum is waiting for their car ..

i put in an order for a white LR AWD on 9/16 -- and expect it will arrive mid to end of december. -- fine..

to fill the time i've been test driving the cars are the showroom .. drove the SR+, the AWD, the P3D+ .. -- it feeds the need and makes the wait game somewhat bearable ..

i just scheduled an overnight test drive on the AWD .. and the guy that took my reservation said "If you need more time you can go on Turo" ..

i think that was a nice way to cut me off from coming in every week to drive on of their cars. lol ..

i think next week i'll schedule a drive of the S and thenn the X ..

- what are you doing to feed the need while you wait?

I've been really tempted to take a performance variant for a test drive, but I'd feel bad wasting their time. I already put my order in. The sales agents are working on getting new customers.

It'd just be a joy ride for me and a potential lost sale for them.

I've been really tempted to take a performance variant for a test drive, but I'd feel bad wasting their time. I already put my order in. The sales agents are working on getting new customers.

It'd just be a joy ride for me and a potential lost sale for them.

every time i schedule a test drive their calendar is pretty wide open .. those cars sit there most of the time -- so if you want to drive something just call them and schedule a drive.

except for the 1st drive, i've done all the other drives by myself .. so its not a waste of the sales person time ..

Every minute you tie up a Tesla employees time, just delays the delivery of everyone cars.

Showroom is to help sell cars and make Tesla more successful. Not for entertainment value.

Leave the team alone.

i should have made it cleat that the showroom lets me take the cars without a salesperson .. so it doesn't waste their time.

-- but i also see these drives differently .. -- my purchase is not complete .. i just put a fully refundable $2500 deposit .. these drives are still making the sale, so they are part of the sale process ..

i dont feel one little bit bad about asking to drive all their cars.

-- driving the S and X while it would be for fun .. i have no idea what it might lead to .. for example -- i showed up in sept. to drive a model 3 .. at that time i had no plans to buy a new car, i just thought it would be fun to drive a tesla .. fast forward 4 weeks later, and i had put an order in for the model 3 .. -- so who knows what might happen if i drive an S or an X .. -- the guys at the store understand that, you dont know where your sales might come from.

most of my purchases happen this way -- i just go into a store, try things on, check things out .. then a few weeks later if i'm still thinking about it, i buy it.

Last edited: