Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Perfect Tesla Raffle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a button on the website, "watch live".

As for periscope... [head slap]. Dunno if we're locked into the other thing at this point but will mention this anyway to the person setting it all up. Thanks.

I see mentions of webcasting but not the details. Will this be emailed to us? You might consider periscope .. It's free and can handle thousands of viewers.

- - - Updated - - -

I am impressed at what you can accomplish while asleep, which suggests that what you can do while awake is even more astounding! :)

Also: I thank you!!

I just sleep-ordered 2 more tickets. Boy will I be surprised when I wake up!

I'm so psyched! I had a rough day yesterday and decided to cheer myself up by buying another ticket. Panicked when the page came up with an error, relieved when it refreshed correctly, and I saw that tickets sold had gone up another 100. What a dilemma - if they're selling out and I buy one, will some unfortunate soul be greeted with "sold out"? but if not, I'd deny myself the chance to participate twice in this great cause?

Selfish me won out, still 400 left though... (and yes, I shamelessly plugged the raffle in TSLA short-term movements - anyone who can gamble in puts and calls (knowing their losses end up in fat, affluenza'd pockets) should enjoy the pure, noble joy of this gamble!)

Last edited:
I'm so psyched! I had a rough day yesterday and decided to cheer myself up by buying another ticket. Panicked when the page came up with an error, relieved when it refreshed correctly, and I saw that tickets sold had gone up another 100. What a dilemma - if they're selling out and I buy one, will some unfortunate soul be greeted with "sold out"? but if not, I'd deny myself the chance to participate twice in this great cause?

Selfish me won out, still 400 left though... (and yes, I shamelessly plugged the raffle in TSLA short-term movements - anyone who can gamble in puts and calls (knowing their losses end up in fat, affluenza'd pockets) should enjoy the pure, noble joy of this gamble!)

you inspired me to buy another ticket:biggrin:. It feels good to share some of the profit from my Jan call sales yesterday with this worthy cause. (Well done Alan and Jessica)

Well, I hope to be receiving a call from you tomorrow night (or the following morning), Alan! :cool:

But seriously though, should we start a unlucky raffle participants group here on TMC for the 99.95% of us that don't win? :wink:

For the 99.95%ers who want to drop by my place, we'll be outside ringing in 2016 by a bonfire*, telling stories and having a great time. All welcome.

* fallen (not cut) oak, gathered locally on the property, not transported

For the 99.95%ers who want to drop by my place, we'll be outside ringing in 2016 by a bonfire*, telling stories and having a great time. All welcome.

I *wish* I could be there in person, but alas, only in spirit.
Thank you Bonnie for all you do to support this company and the greater cause that drives it!

@AIMC - good on you! Hope to meet you some day, I remember when you were the best source of insight and knowledge on the construction and opening of the Newark DE Supercharger :), and how you would stop by to check on utilization and Tesla-time with travelers.

Never thought about trying to "short" a raffle... I wonder how that could be accomplished... :)

Hope you're having a better day today!

Alan

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!!!

you inspired me to buy another ticket:biggrin:. It feels good to share some of the profit from my Jan call sales yesterday with this worthy cause. (Well done Alan and Jessica)

- - - Updated - - -

Is it artisanal oak?

Wish I could be there. Sounds like a better time than my plan of watching Dr. Who episodes from the early '70s, doing the dishes, then going to bed.

I am quite introverted but have spent many years learning how to fake extroversion. I'd prefer to run like hell from tonight's raffle/party and follow your plan, except Dr. Who ==> Alien/Aliens, doing the dishes ==> /dev/null. :)

Wish I could be there. Sounds like a better time than my plan of watching Dr. Who episodes from the early '70s, doing the dishes, then going to bed.

- - - Updated - - -

TICKET SALES END @ 10 PM.

DRAWING @ 12:05, mas o menos. We will call winners ASAP.

Live stream available from 9 or so onwards. We're using the $99 livestream option so that all can view without having to sign up for an account. Go to the raffle website and click on the watch button. (We looked at Periscope, but our setup person is a very attractive ex-Babson College basketball player and real estate maven, and she quickly tired of all the men extending offers of friendship.)

Now... if you don't already have a Tesla... don't you know how happy they make everyone?

IMG_5612.jpg

You'll even make *yourself* happy. So very, very happy!

Here's your own personal Secret Master Plan:

1. Purchase a ticket to the Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle (CXCs Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle | Climate XChange).

2. Relax, knowing that your funds will help fight climate change by helping enact legislation in MA to demonstrate carbon-fee-and-rebate.

3. Win your new Tesla tonight.

4. Scorn the withholding tax; it's taken care of. Scorn the state vehicle taxes; throw our money at them. Scorn the doc & delivery fee; for the first time in your life, don't pay it.

5. Step into your new Tesla. Within seconds, happy, healthy, attractive college kids strongly resembling eager puppies will leap into your car with you. Happiness will be everywhere!!

Alan

Live stream available from 9 or so onwards. We're using the $99 livestream option so that all can view without having to sign up for an account.
Well, that's more generosity heaped upon thoughtfulness on a big pile of moxie if you ask me.
I logged on to remind folks that a Livestream account would not be completely useless, as it would allow one to Favorite not only CXC drawing and board meetings, but SpaceX launches! And the clincher, Live Foster Kittens!

Good Luck to all!

Last edited: