Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The New RAV4 EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rav4 EV Test Drive 064.JPG

please ignore the dirt speck on my sensor...hate when that happens.

On your pics I see a lot of old Rav Ev's too
Where their owners invited too?
Those are on the vehicle services lot at Toyota, a few dozen of them in various states of repair/disrepair that can't be sold, or given away and are just collecting dust as they die.

I bet Toyota gets sued for copying the single button with holow square icon

But seriously, great review and pics. Thanks!
We had similar thoughts, very iPod/iPhone like isn't it...that said, it is very convenient compared to traditional ways of navigating back to the home screen.

Trust me, it was MY pleasure!! What a blast that thing was and I just can't imagine what my Model S (non-perf even) is going to be like since it's faster, lower and better set up handling wise. I tell you, I think Toyota is really losing out on a huge opportunity here, this Rav is way better than any other EV available from any of the Big 3 or even the major manufactures. Were they to start shipping these things out to dealers for people to test drive they'd fall in love, I think.

Agreed. From the early reviews, this is looking to be the best EV outside of any Tesla branded one (not surprising given the DNA). The reviewers seems to have loved the drive and the accuracy of the range gauge (compared to the ones of other EVs like the Leaf).

It's a shame that it will only be available in California as a compliance vehicle. Toyota did say they might make their own depending on demand, and I don't think demand will be an issue once people start test driving it.

RAV4EV not a compliance car:

Some people have called the RAV4 EV nothing more than a compliance car. Let’s get one thing straight. The ZEV mandate been around for more than 20 years. It’s a fact of life. Will the RAV4 EV help us meet our compliance requirements? Absolutely. Did we create a barebones EV just to earn credits for the mandate? Absolutely not.
Green Car Congress: Toyota RAV4 EV key for meeting California ZEV requirements; Tesla powertrain uses Model S components