Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Loneliest Road in America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, great video. Looks like on U.S. 50, he L2 charged in Fallon at Fox Station, in Austin at the Pony Express RV park, in Ely at the Prospector Hotel, and Delta, Utah at the Antelope Valley RV Park. The video is actually from 2017. The RV park at the Prospector Hotel in Ely isn't there anymore. There are several other RV parks in Ely though.

If he had a CHAdeMO adapter for his Model X, he could have used fast charging in Fallon.

• Informative
Reactions: Lanny and mociaf9
I had great fun watching CGP Grey's video/stream of the journey footage. Great video to watch, and a note to try and find an adapter that includes whatever that other RV Park plug is with the 45 degree angle pins.

He sadly missed the beautiful section of I80 into Green River because he drove in the dark. That section is gorgeous.

Agreed. We drove from SLC to Moab through the area. HWY 191 between Castle Gate and Green River looked just like the set of an old western. I was surprised their weren't wagon trains on the rode. Nothing but a few SUVs and a truck selling jerky every 10 miles. Never could understand the whole love of jerky thing. These seem to make jerky out of anything (Elk, Buffalo, etc.)

I had great fun watching CGP Grey's video/stream of the journey footage. Great video to watch, and a note to try and find an adapter that includes whatever that other RV Park plug is with the 45 degree angle pins.

That would be a "30 amp" TT-30 (120v, 30 amp). Unfortunately Tesla doesn't make a UMC adapter for it. However evseadapters offers one for the Gen 2 UMC that automatically sets the max charge current to 24 amps.

In RV lingo:
"20 amp" = NEMA 5-20
"30 amp" = TT-30
"50 amp" = NEMA 14-50