Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The day has finally come! Eagerly awaiting my new 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could someone please measure the diameter of the NEMA 14-50 plug that comes with the car? I am putting in an outlet and some of the enclosures look like it would be a tight fit.

Can measure for you tomorrow, but in general it is a perfect circle plug that is at most 1/4" past where the prongs all are. It does then extend out about 2-3 inches front the plug with that same thickness before it changes into a cord - i.e. the adapter part. I'd say off hand you need a good 4-5 inches clearance away from the plug before the cord can twist to a direction...

If all that makes sense, will add a couple pics for you if helps. (edit: oops for some reason it added them multiple times!)
IMG_0507.JPG
IMG_0506.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0507.JPG
    IMG_0507.JPG
    719.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0506.JPG
    IMG_0506.JPG
    764.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0506.JPG
    IMG_0506.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0507.JPG
    IMG_0507.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Can measure for you tomorrow, but in general it is a perfect circle plug that is at most 1/4" past where the prongs all are. It does then extend out about 2-3 inches front the plug with that same thickness before it changes into a cord - i.e. the adapter part. I'd say off hand you need a good 4-5 inches clearance away from the plug before the cord can twist to a direction...

If all that makes sense, will add a couple pics for you if helps. (edit: oops for some reason it added them multiple times!)
View attachment 84016View attachment 84017

I appreciate it but I already installed the outlet. I am ready for my MS :)