Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The correct method to escape from the falcon wing door of Model X.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted by Ohmman

Falcon Wing Door Calibration

Take the vehicle outdoors where there’s nothing in range of the FWD (and probably no overhead cache - that is, the display allows you to fully open the doors on one touch.) Hold the physical door switch inside the vehicle until door is all the way open. Next, hold the physical door switch down until the door is all the way closed. The door should be recalibrated at this point.

View attachment 224456 View attachment 224457 View attachment 224458 View attachment 224459 View attachment 224460 View attachment 224461
Thanks Xiao Ma Ge

Not trying to hijack the post, but I would like to share my DIY extension latch to open the FWD in emergency.
Hope this ease some of the members conern of accessing the emergency latch behind the speaker grill.

I just used zip-tie to extend the latch, and cover with reflective type for visibility.
Tested that normal force can unlock by adult, but pushing out the door takes more force and weight. Advise to use body weight and leg in emergency, after unlocked the latch.
At the very least, I wish that ball were larger and red to stand out more.