Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Big Switch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have had a MR Model 3 on order since February 7, 2019. At the time of order placement we were advised that delivery would be 4 to 6 weeks, no problem. The lease on our current Audi is up April 4th so this was a good fit. No info on the site beyond RN number. This Wednesday we were called by a Lead Inside Sales Adviser who convinced us to change our order to a LR with delivery in one to two weeks. We shall see!
The Tesla's, based on all the input we have received, are great cars. The Tesla organization needs major work. The front end people who deal with buyers get not support from the organization. I feel sorry for them and try not to verbally abuse them as they are not the problem.
I'm waiting to see what occurs with our order!

You are quite right with your assessment of Tesla. Their service is a bit of a lottery. We need a little Zen to keep things in perspective when dealing with Tesla, the organization. The car is great, however.

We also switched from MR to LR in late Nov ‘18 because MR was taking too long and our local store sales guy found a few LRs released from the factory one day. In retrospect, I think the extra $3K-$4K was worth it. There is something comforting about having a 50-60 extra miles in the tank, especially when doing longer trips despite the prevalence of super chargers in CA.

Enjoy the car. You will like it.

We have had a MR Model 3 on order since February 7, 2019. At the time of order placement we were advised that delivery would be 4 to 6 weeks, no problem. The lease on our current Audi is up April 4th so this was a good fit. No info on the site beyond RN number. This Wednesday we were called by a Lead Inside Sales Adviser who convinced us to change our order to a LR with delivery in one to two weeks. We shall see!
The Tesla's, based on all the input we have received, are great cars. The Tesla organization needs major work. The front end people who deal with buyers get not support from the organization. I feel sorry for them and try not to verbally abuse them as they are not the problem.
I'm waiting to see what occurs with our order!

I had a similar experience. Coming from luxury dealers, this experience has been something else. I originally ordered the SR+ but the sales associate I worked with convinced me the MR would come in the quoted time frame vs a lengthy wait for an SR+. I made the change and then no activity. The Fremont call center started telling me that I likely won’t get the MR as it was discontinued. Sales rep continued to remain confident I would get it and in the timeframe he had stated of within 2 weeks. Come weds I get the call to switch to the LR and MR was not available. Back in the 2 week wait game again now.