Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The automatic spoiler should be an option for 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm..so no more sloww wave at cars behind using the spoiler, maybe you can still use the air suspension to raise and lower the entire car (and thus the spoiler) and do the slow nod instead.. gahh...not as cool as the slow wave I agree. I was also looking forward to an automatically raising and lowering spoiler, it would have looked awesome as you lock/unlock the car
Good luck with controlling the spoiler at will. Mine won't even do what it's supposed to when parked. It lowers as soon as I walk away and in a few minutes when it thinks I am not watching, it pops right back up again raring to go.:):p

Good luck with controlling the spoiler at will. Mine won't even do what it's supposed to when parked. It lowers as soon as I walk away and in a few minutes when it thinks I am not watching, it pops right back up again raring to go.:):p

Could be that it saw someone more attractive than you walked by. ;)
But do call the doctor if the spoiler stays "actively spoilt" for more than 4 hrs. #phallicBanterAsConsolation

Last edited:
I ordered a 70D, which clearly doesn't have the "active" spoiler listed, and frankly, I assumed it meant there was no spoiler at all. But the earlier comments about the brake light integrated into the spoiler got me confused so I checked the My Tesla page and noticed there does appear to be a spoiler present on my vehicle side-shot config picture and in my order config PDF. The pictures are so small however that they don't really reveal much. So does this mean there is a spoiler on the 70D that is the same in appearance as the spoiler on the 90/P90, but the only difference is it does not move at all? Or does it just move up and down to a fixed position when entering exiting the car? I suppose we'll find out for sure once production 70Ds start coming off the line in late summer.
It's in the up position and does not come down.