Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard Huntsville is slightly delayed. Not sure what the issue is. Since Corsicana now shows on the official map, it sort of lends credence to the 'no ribbon cutting' idea.

Never, never, never give up!

New information today (Sunday afternoon), again still NOT OFFICIAL:
There will be staggered Opening Events and Ribbon Cuttings for both Corsicana and Huntsville, Tuesday the following week Nov. 26.

Be on the look-out for formal/official emails this coming week.
Just in time before Thanksgiving travel.

WhooHoo!!

Time for a quick refresher course in patience.

Yes, per one of my sources, Huntsville is slightly delayed from an official opening.
Keep your eyes peeled for official email regarding next week's Dual Ribbon Cuttings.

Official Tesla ribbon cutting email is out: 11/26 - 10am for Corsicana, 2pm for Huntsville. Not sure if Huntsville has power yet, but it probably does if they have this officially scheduled (or is very, very close).

Okay. Well, I'm headed to Galveston County Monday evening. I'm 99.9% sure that it would be ready, but if someone plugs in between now and then, gimme a shout-out.

Last edited:
Okay. Well, I'm headed to Galveston County Monday evening. I'm 99.9% sure that it would be ready, but if someone plugs in between now and then, gimme a shout-out.

Drive safe, enjoy the Supercharge @ Huntsville.
My recollection, this won't be your first SC.

Maybe you could swing back by Huntsville for the 2:00 Ribbon Cutting on Tuesday, bring along some of your interested family members/in-laws?

I spoke with people that "Know." The reason for the delay is there is a water leak next to the charger, causing a sink hole. The City is fixing it, so next week is better. Both locations are hot and usable now.

Also, they are putting in Service Centers in San Antonio, Oklahoma City & New Orleans. ALL Service Centers will be getting Super Charging. This will help us for "Local" Driving. I am keeping a current map which you can use here. This is a picture:
TXSuperChargers.jpg

I spoke with people that "Know." The reason for the delay is there is a water leak next to the charger, causing a sink hole. The City is fixing it, so next week is better. Both locations are hot and usable now.

Thanks Jay!
I am planning a single day round trip from Dallas to Houston to Dallas on Sunday and would be in trouble without Huntsville being hot. Will let you know how it goes.

So the Grapevine SuperCharger is next? Any intel on that?

Incidentally, I noticed from Google Map Street View that there is an alternate entrance to the Huntsville Holiday Inn Express on Normal Park Drive. Coming from Austin on Hwy 30, you cross IH45 and take the next right onto Normal Park Drive. The entrance is here: 30.715644, -95.563826 .

Last edited: