Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip 2015 - "Reach the Beach" - April 17th-19th, 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Join us in Salisbury and Ocean City, MD on the 17, 18th and 19th !!!

Here's the team photo from the "Rally at the Raceway" in Richmond, VA on March 26th.

2015_03_26_TeslaRoadTrip_RichmondIntRaceway_TMC.jpg

More photos from the event here.

View attachment 78071

My car is as ready as she'll get before the weekend. I don't want to take chances washing it since the vinyl (chrome wrapped) is new/fresh. So the first cleaning will be Saturday, at the event. The interior/glass was detailed, but the exterior isn't so clean. Guess the 300+ miles drive from Ohio to Maryland will make it even dirtier, so why bother.

Can't wait... counting the hours... :D

View attachment 78071

My car is as ready as she'll get before the weekend. I don't want to take chances washing it since the vinyl (chrome wrapped) is new/fresh. So the first cleaning will be Saturday, at the event. The interior/glass was detailed, but the exterior isn't so clean. Guess the 300+ miles drive from Ohio to Maryland will make it even dirtier, so why bother.

Can't wait... counting the hours... :D

Nice! I like the wheels. I gave up on the 21's after replacing 6 tires in 18 months. Are you bringing a spare? :)

The weather forecast is looking good for this weekend! It's going to be fun!

Nice! I like the wheels. I gave up on the 21's after replacing 6 tires in 18 months. Are you bringing a spare? :)

The weather forecast is looking good for this weekend! It's going to be fun!

I've been to OC,MD before -- the roads out there are like glass when compared to Ohio/Michigan roads. But FWIW, my wheels are 20" and have slightly more sidewall than the factory 21s. Like you, I have had my share of experiences with low profile tires and don't want that hassle anymore. Hence why I dropped an inch, for more sidewall. Looking back and seeing what others have done, I could have even gone with a slightly taller tire to add more, which I may do on my next set of rubbers.

Tesla Road Trip Location Tracker - Life 360 App

RTB.jpg

For any of you driving to Maryland from a distance, I can send you an invite to the "Reach the Beach" location tracker on the Life360 smartphone App. This is what was used on the cross-country @TeslaRoadTrip to TMC Connect last summer and it was a great way to keep track of each other and send messages. We already have Brit4864 on the map driving up from Florida.

PM me your email and mobile phone number for an invite.

Lanny