Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip 2016 - "The Future Meets the Past" - May 14-15th - Williamsburg VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like a great idea. I went to the web site for the drive in and read their rules. For the most part it is common sense. One thing to note: All exterior lights (except parking lights while transiting to your parking space) must be off and remain off. So be careful --- with fob in the car and butt in drivers seat and you stretch and touch the brake --- oops, car comes alive and exterior lights come on (remember -- its nighttime outside!).

Exact words from their rule set:

"You MUST be in control of your Vehicle's lights. If you cannot extinguish the light, you must cover it, and not remove cover until you are at the exit gate. (We recommend that you bring some brown paper or newspaper and masking tape and carefully covering your lights before entering - please remember to remove the covering before you exit the theatre making sure that you are facing away from the giant screen when you are doing so). There may also be instructions on turning off your daytime running lights in your car's operating manual. "

Sounds like a great idea. I went to the web site for the drive in and read their rules. For the most part it is common sense. One thing to note: All exterior lights (except parking lights while transiting to your parking space) must be off and remain off. So be careful --- with fob in the car and butt in drivers seat and you stretch and touch the brake --- oops, car comes alive and exterior lights come on (remember -- its nighttime outside!).

Exact words from their rule set:

"You MUST be in control of your Vehicle's lights. If you cannot extinguish the light, you must cover it, and not remove cover until you are at the exit gate. (We recommend that you bring some brown paper or newspaper and masking tape and carefully covering your lights before entering - please remember to remove the covering before you exit the theatre making sure that you are facing away from the giant screen when you are doing so). There may also be instructions on turning off your daytime running lights in your car's operating manual. "

I've gone a few times in the S. I put the car in neutral and manually apply the parking brake. This keeps the radio on, lights off, etc. I bring a few towels to cover the displays, and if you want to keep the hatch open, take the bulb out.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures, since I don't seem to have permissions to create an album here.
____IMG_7820.JPG
____IMG_7851.JPG

Attachments

• ___IMG_7846.JPG
    ___IMG_7846.JPG
    263.9 KB · Views: 48
  • __IMG_7736.JPG
    __IMG_7736.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 39
  • __IMG_7849.JPG
    __IMG_7849.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 47
  • __IMG_7872.JPG
    __IMG_7872.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 47
  • __IMG_7990.JPG
    __IMG_7990.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 45
  • _IMG_7777.JPG
    _IMG_7777.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 50
  • _IMG_7794.JPG
    _IMG_7794.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 48
  • _IMG_7803.JPG
    _IMG_7803.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 53
All -

I've sent all attendees an email with our post-event survey and link to the shared photo album for this year. Please take a moment and fill out the survey so we can make next years event even better!

For the photo album, please share your photos and download any that others have uploaded!

If you don't see the email, please check your Junk Mail or Spam folders!

Aaron

wanted to share info about an upcoming Road Rally event September 10 $10....Ashland to Manassas

"CHARGE TO NOVA"

Electric vehicle owners, grab a partner and compete in Drive Electric RVA's first road rally for EVs. Rally participants will travel along US-1 from the Richmond Electricians' JATC in Ashland to MOM's Organic Market in Woodbridge, a total of 71 miles (give or take a few). Charging stations are available along the route. Prizes will be awarded to the top finishers.

Drive Electric RVA
Organizer of National Drive Electric Week: "Charge to NoVa"

The mission of Drive Electric RVA is to promote electric vehicles (EVs) as a fun, practical transportation alternative that also reduces energy consumption and air pollution. We will meet these goals by providing opportunities in the metro Richmond region for EV owners to learn from each other and for the general public to learn about EV technology. In addition. we will advocate for increasing the use of renewable energy to generate electricity and for reducing the environmental impact of EVs over their entire life cycle.

For more information about our group, please drop us a line at [email protected]

National Drive Electric Week: Charge to NoVa

img