Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslafi question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have Teslafi and I'm noticing that sleeping is draining battery while in "Park" I have no loss... But a couple of weeks ago I had loss while parked and no sleeps because I didn't have it set up... And I'm not talking a little loss... I mean like 28 or 14... Be it sometimes it's 1.4 or something reasonable... Hours vary from 1 HR to 14 hrs... No sentry, no overheat protection, it's conditioning some days (cold), Bluetooth off on phone not connected to car, teslafi settings set to pull every 60 minutes. Summon off, car sometimes connected to wifi at home... Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated and thank you for your time!

Vampire loss while sleeping should be quite low -- perhaps a mile or two per day, if the car doesn't wake up during that period. One thing to check is the new V10 Smart Summon settings. There's one (I don't recall precisely what it's called) that keeps the cameras active 24/7 (except in certain designated locations), so as to improve the response time of Smart Summon when you use it. If that option is active, the result will be high vampire losses, similar to what Sentry Mode produces. Unfortunately, in its infinite wisdom, Tesla decided that option should be active by default, and they buried the slider to turn it off somewhere in the settings menu. You'll have to hunt for it, unless somebody remembers exactly where it is and posts instructions here.

Reactions: Longymire