Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Jdeck -- I have one feature request to make (really more of a modification)…

I noticed the temperature chart tops out a "Over 90F"… Can you add a couple more segments:
- 90-100F
- 100-110F
- Over 110F

Being from Phoenix, our temps routinely get over 90 for about half the year, so having more gradients on that chart would be great. I've also noticed that battery use due to cooling doesn't take a major hit until temps are over 110F -- and that chart could be a great way to visualize it.

Thanks!

@Jdeck -- I have one feature request to make (really more of a modification)…

I noticed the temperature chart tops out a "Over 90F"… Can you add a couple more segments:
- 90-100F
- 100-110F
- Over 110F

Being from Phoenix, our temps routinely get over 90 for about half the year, so having more gradients on that chart would be great. I've also noticed that battery use due to cooling doesn't take a major hit until temps are over 110F -- and that chart could be a great way to visualize it.

Thanks!

Thanks. I originally built that for Chicago. :). I've updated it for more segments. After looking at it again, I need to revisit the code and make some changes to the wh/mile calculations for the page. The efficiency should be correct but the wh/mile may be slightly off. I should be able to get that fixed tomorrow night.

EVMote is more of a remote control for the car (think phone app on the web). TeslaFi is more of a log of your trips.

I know EVMote does the same thing, but I like the layout and feel of TeslaFi for tracking my driving instead.

Thanks. I do plan on adding control features in the near future as well. I'll probably start with some basic controls then get into scheduling after that.

Reactions: ModelZ
James, I've been using Teslafi for about 2 weeks now and am very impressed. It aggregates a lot of data very seamlessly, making it very easy to do a "dashboard glance" at the vehicle's efficiency. There are probably still even some more features that I'm not yet aware of, but I'm very impressed with what I've seen/used.

A few questions/comments. Please don't think I'm being critical...I'm just hoping this helps.
  • Although I have the temperature set to Fahrenheit, and it is indicated as F, it appears the temperature values are in C.
  • I haven't dug further into it to see if I can identify the source of error, but it appears that the daily average "Wh/Mile" values are lower than expected. I know that when I get home from my commute, the dash typically shows ~305 wh/m vs. ~250 shown on the calendar.
  • Likewise, when I view an individual day, it is showing a calculated efficiency >100% (looks like you have the numerator/denominator swapped)

upload_2016-7-6_13-44-43.png

upload_2016-7-6_13-48-48.png

Thanks.

Here's some answers to your issues -

1. You're right. It does appear that the calendar page is displaying Celsius. I'm in the middle of converting the site to allow for metric and must have messed up that page. I'll check it out tonight.
2. I may have to tweak the formula's for the S60. I've verified wh/m with other cars but not verified with the s60 yet. TeslaFi will calibrate the wh/m for your once you do a charge of 90% or more. First try this but make sure it's a completed charge, i.e. set it to 90% and let it fully charge to 90% and stop on it's own. Also, if you could email me the wh/m for a drive or two as well as for an entire day it would be helpful. You can just grab a picture with your phone and email it to [email protected].
3. The efficiency is simply taking the miles driven / rated miles used so it can display over 100% on days or drives that you are driving better than the rated milage.

Thanks,

James

James, I've been using Teslafi for about 2 weeks now and am very impressed. It aggregates a lot of data very seamlessly, making it very easy to do a "dashboard glance" at the vehicle's efficiency. There are probably still even some more features that I'm not yet aware of, but I'm very impressed with what I've seen/used.

A few questions/comments. Please don't think I'm being critical...I'm just hoping this helps.
  • Although I have the temperature set to Fahrenheit, and it is indicated as F, it appears the temperature values are in C.
  • I haven't dug further into it to see if I can identify the source of error, but it appears that the daily average "Wh/Mile" values are lower than expected. I know that when I get home from my commute, the dash typically shows ~305 wh/m vs. ~250 shown on the calendar.
  • Likewise, when I view an individual day, it is showing a calculated efficiency >100% (looks like you have the numerator/denominator swapped)

View attachment 184195
View attachment 184196

Reactions: rpez021
@Jdeck -- I'm really liking Teslafi so far. Works great.

One question / feature request. I've been a long time Visible Tesla user, and have data going back nearly 3 years. Would it be possible to import the VT log files into Teslafi so I can keep history in one place?

I'm also a 60 owner, so if you need any other validation of info let me know. I noticed that Teslafi is showing a higher average Wh/mi on the calendar page for July than my trip meters show (I reset them each month...).

@Jdeck -- I'm really liking Teslafi so far. Works great.

One question / feature request. I've been a long time Visible Tesla user, and have data going back nearly 3 years. Would it be possible to import the VT log files into Teslafi so I can keep history in one place?

I'm also a 60 owner, so if you need any other validation of info let me know. I noticed that Teslafi is showing a higher average Wh/mi on the calendar page for July than my trip meters show (I reset them each month...).

Thanks. Unfortunately I can't import anything since every data point would have to be tagged as a drive, charge, idle or sleep in order for the front end to correctly parse it.

That would be great if you can email me any info directly from your car so I can compare. You can email me at [email protected].

Thanks

Thanks. Unfortunately I can't import anything since every data point would have to be tagged as a drive, charge, idle or sleep in order for the front end to correctly parse it.

That would be great if you can email me any info directly from your car so I can compare. You can email me at [email protected].

Thanks

I just sent you a pic of my dash from this morning -- hopefully it helps. I didn't mention in that email, but my commute to work is downhill -- about 1300 feet over 23 miles (so I get really good mileage!).

Thanks for commenting on the history import… Would be nice if it was possible. Maybe there's a script that could be written to do the tagging -- comparing the current reading with the prior reading? Anyway -- no need to distract you from the great site you built.

I'm a bit late to the game since my spam blocker tossed my first invite. Damn tech!

I've been running it for about two weeks and I love it. Interface is easy to understand and I like the data it is capturing. I won't do a trip for a while. So all I am getting is my daily boring stuff. But I really like what I am getting at this point.

Thanks for doing this.

Reactions: Jdeck
I wonder if there is some way to get this data (and format) into a mobile app...

Might be worth looking into...o_O

I'll look into it at some point down the road. I have a basic knowledge of iOS apps but have never attempted Android. In the meantime if you add the webpage to your home screen on iOS it will give you a nice little TeslaFi icon and shortcut. ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: ModelZ
I have an issue going on with my TeslaFi, love the program but a little issue maybe you can fix. I went from Mesa Az (@ 1700 ft elev) up to Payson Az (@ 3500 ft) and stopped to ouck up parts. Then up on top of the rim (@7000 ft) and kept going to a cabin in forest lakes (@ 6500 ft maybe) and charged for several hours while I was working on the cabin. Then headed back, again stopping in Payson on the way home. It logged the trip to Payson, then counted the trip to the cabin and charging and back again as a continual trip with out stopping. Didnt note that I charged. Just did a long 5 + hour drive, which its not even a 5 hous drive round trip. Then said I had a negative cost and my elevation change was only 1300 feet or something like that. Not sure how it came up with that data but didnt sound right. Make any sense to you.you have my email I think. I emailed you a week ago and couldnt get my account set up. Thanks.

If you click on the map for that drive you can see the individual data points collected on each line. From 11:59 AM to 4:05 PM you car was "offline" and not reporting any data to Tesla's servers. Tthe last data point collected before it went offline was while you were driving, and the first one at 4:06 you were driving again so the front end continued the original drive even though you obviously were not. Unfortunately since Tesla didn't get the data while your car was offline there's nothing I can do. You can click the little "hide" icon next to the drive and that drive will not show up anymore and will not be included in any day or month data totals as well. These hidden drives can also be unhidden from the "Hidden Drives" page.

I do have this kind of situation on my todo list though. I'm planning on breaking things like this into two "events" if the offline time is beyond a certain time limit so at least the first part and ending part would show up correctly. Once I get a fix in place the existing data will show correctly since it's just an interpretation of the data by the front end. I've seen this before when driving through remote areas and parking in underground garages. The driving through remote areas isn't an issue since it's usually only a few minutes and the data starts coming in again. It's more of an issue if someone stops in an area with no cell coverage and stays for a while which extends that drive kind of like what your data shows.

Last edited:
@Jdeck

I think I found another metric/imperial bug in TeslaFi…

On the Drive Details screen, the summary at the top includes the elevation change. I believe that's shown in meters. For the Thurs morning drive to my office (on Jul 7), it shows a drop of 319.8 feet. However, per veloroutes.org, my office is at 1259 feet, while my house is at 2312 feet -- so this should show a drop of about 1053 feet. And 319.8 meters = 1049.2 feet, so pretty close...