Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla with a white roof. Is this a new thing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently I saw a Model Y (or maybe a 3) at a supercharger in California with a white roof. I am not sure how they did that? Possibly a wrap or a paint job? It looked smooth and perfect and my guess would be that it is a 2-part epoxy paint? Has anyone heard of that? Seems like it might be pretty effective in keeping the interior cool and it it looked pretty nice in my opinion. Could that be done with a wrap?

I know I sound like an old fuddy duddy... but this isnt a "roof delete". just like making your car look like a camry isnt a "pillar delete". Both the roof and the pillars are still there. A roof delete would be converting your car to a convertible, and a pillar delete would be chopping your car basically. I'd say a roof wrap or a pillar wrap.

Its like those people that say "those windows arent tinted, they're dyed". They're both tinted.... one is a film, the other is a dye. Tinting is changing the color/opacity of clear glass

I know both are losing arguments though.

I know I sound like an old fuddy duddy... but this isnt a "roof delete". just like making your car look like a camry isnt a "pillar delete". Both the roof and the pillars are still there. A roof delete would be converting your car to a convertible, and a pillar delete would be chopping your car basically. I'd say a roof wrap or a pillar wrap.

Its like those people that say "those windows arent tinted, they're dyed". They're both tinted.... one is a film, the other is a dye. Tinting is changing the color/opacity of clear glass

I know both are losing arguments though.
Convertibles have roofs.