Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon says that FSD v12.4 will probably start rolling out next week (my own guess is that it will probably be the week after)

That probably means to the employee group next week, and then getting to the "golden few" the week after. I agree that I wouldn't expect any normal customers to get it for at least two weeks, and that assumes that the initial waves don't report any issues that need remediation.

Mind blowing?

1715181957722.png

1715181971156.png

CEO needs a new catchphrase.

Elon says that FSD v12.4 will probably start rolling out next week (my own guess is that it will probably be the week after)

Excellent. It will be very interesting to see the pace of progress between 12.3 and 12.4. This is important for the 8/8 event as it gives context to how ready FSD will be for RT production starting late next year.

An AI mod might someday be able to correlate and isolate troll behavior, and encourage actual negative-nancies toward a more balanced perspective.
This is unfortunately what we need. In my opinion, we have a human mod that want's...no implores for civil discourse.

But currently we have bot's and dare I say bot/trolls here that use every technical trick to appear as human....when in fact "they" are just here to muddy the waters.

Using a forum tool to quickly disagree has been deemed off limits.

This plays right into the hands of those that want the appearance of dialogue...but are not honest in their intent.

So we have a forum which is trending towards more negativity and more noise.

Hence, why valuable posters are leaving or have left.

Lol, yes, this is a version of FSD that Elon mentioned would be 'mind-blowing'. As an optimist, I do have to admit that Elon's mind seems to be blown more often than most people. :)

Elon needs to drive on drives where the 1/10,000 disengagements occur ;)
every week, some different route. Straight line from home to factory in TX flatlands not doing it ;)

I too have sections of drives where mind is totally blown. Family(passengers), don't even know it's FSD ... Touring test ;)

Lol, yes, this is a version of FSD that Elon mentioned would be 'mind-blowing'. As an optimist, I do have to admit that Elon's mind seems to be blown more often than most people. :)

People get used to new things quickly. Dishwasher, washing machine, WiFi, FSD, Zoom, Uber, DoorDash, microwave, TV remote, etc.
My car on 12.3.6 has driven me 99%+ for the past 5 weeks. I got used to it now too.

The car can drive by itself now and will only get better.

FSD was a sci-fi not too long ago. The best thing, it is not going anywhere, it will remain and get better.
It is so easy to complain, Elon bad, Elon mind blown too often. Meanwhile, Tesla has grown to unimaginable size now. Starships and rocket engines are built like 99% of Earth countries can't even dream of.

We have 5,601 Starlinks at Elon's disposal as of today map

My mind is constantly blowing because I care to understand what is happening. If your's does not as often, I only feel sorry for all that feel that way.

Any sense it's the same outside the UK? How's your economy for large ticket items compared? Were these inflated prices to start.
Maybe the car guys on Youtube have something on this. They've been saying deep cuts are coming, days inventory is still high and sitting on '23 models all over. I wonder what month is the absolute cutoff point for them to never ever have last year's inventory. Seems like that time is upon us now.

Without getting political, UK not ideal time to buy big items. Lots of uncertainty.

I'm not aware of reporting on UK inventory. Autotrader would give a clue to those who have followed trends.

Rest of Europe? I don't know. Much of the new market is company cars and different in every country. Eg Belgium, nearly all EVs due to tax @NicoV has reported on reasons. Germany killed EV subsidies. France linking production carbon to tax (China targetted), lots of schemes. Low emission zones and subsidies but constantly changing.

No idea if car prices rose a lot in UK, I presume they did, but especially with German brands, pricing is opaque. You know you were ripped off, just not by how much.

Just clicked through on a 24% discounted Audi A5. Loads of offers from various dealers. Includes £8000 Audi discount if you buy through PCP (similar to USA lease with final balloon payment to buy, or just return if value below final payment). 6.9 % APR interest rate, 18 to 49 months. 5% deposit. Otherwise, £2000 discount.

Of course, if you know UK law, you take the £8000 and just cancel within 14 days.

What has happened to Tesla since 2021? Continued rapid growth and innovation. I propose that your perception has been influenced by media outside of Tesla. Or please share how Tesla's growth has been different over the past 30 months as compared to the 2018 to 2021 period.
I didn't talk about Tesla's growth. I quoted the facts about TSLA's share price compared to the market. I admit SP is an indirect indicator on the health and perception of the company. But maybe there's another thread for Tesla production than this investors thread.

Reactions: replicant and Mengy
People get used to new things quickly. Dishwasher, washing machine, WiFi, FSD, Zoom, Uber, DoorDash, microwave, TV remote, etc.
My car on 12.3.6 has driven me 99%+ for the past 5 weeks. I got used to it now too.

The car can drive by itself now and will only get better.

FSD was a sci-fi not too long ago. The best thing, it is not going anywhere, it will remain and get better.
It is so easy to complain, Elon bad, Elon mind blown too often. Meanwhile, Tesla has grown to unimaginable size now. Starships and rocket engines are built like 99% of Earth countries can't even dream of.

We have 5,601 Starlinks at Elon's disposal as of today map

My mind is constantly blowing because I care to understand what is happening. If your's does not as often, I only feel sorry for all that feel that way.

Maybe I should have mentioned that I am an optimist like Elon.

I embrace change and the possibility of a brighter future and truly feel so fortunate to be alive at a time to be able to witness all of the amazing tech that Elon Musk-led companies are working on. Reusable rockets, Rocket-catching chopsticks, Full Self Driving, Robotaxis, Housebots, Neuralink and all of the possibilities that go along with it - It all fascinates me.

It's really crazy to try to imagine what society might be like 20-30 years from now. I'm in my 40s, so I better be alive to witness it!

Excellent. It will be very interesting to see the pace of progress between 12.3 and 12.4. This is important for the 8/8 event as it gives context to how ready FSD will be for RT production starting late next year.
Agree. I know Elon has been guilty of both hyperbole and stating FSD will blow your mind before. I'm less interested in how 12.4 performs its tasks, rather I'm excited that it might be measurably better than 12.3. As most know, 12.x was a new approach and a step change of progress, therefore, being able to show measurable progress so soon would be a strong indication that Tesla has the correct approach to iterate this time.

Another great teardown video by Caresoft, brought to you by Autoline. Different style of presentation compared to Sandy Munro. If I had to choose, I think I prefer these over Sandy's. This one discusses the evolution of the body in white and gigacastings between the Model Y and CT. They mention this is yet another evolutionary step working towards the unboxed manufacturing process.

The CT is an engineering marvel. Structural integrity, different metal compounds, depending on strength need, massive castings. Every time I watch one of these videos, I can't help but wonder and smile at what the legacy manufacturers must be thinking. I bet their pants are getting heavy.

Well worth a watch.

Yeah, very informative video. Best closeups of the castings I've seen, with all their sophisticated webbing and other design features. He points out several minor "time to market" kludges which I figure Tesla will fix over time. I wish he'd gone into the weight savings more, I've read a few auto engineers who claim castings are simpler but typically heavier.

I was surprised to hear him say the stainless panels provide no structural support at all. You'd think they'd at least act as shear panels. We've long known "exoskeleton" was just marketing BS, but this apparently isn't even unibody. Just body on frame, albeit a very extensive and highly engineered frame.

At 6:00 they show the Y front end with replaceable "crush cans" for low speed crashes vs. the CT which has a "corrugated" section in the casting itself. Sounds like even a low speed impact could total the vehicle, but maybe I missed something.

This was according to her planned sales, from October 23, 2023, directly from the Form 4:

"1. The transactions reported on this Form 4 were automatically effected pursuant to a Rule 10b5-1 trading plan previously adopted on October 23, 2023 and established by the reporting person for the purpose of an orderly liquidation of options scheduled to expire in 2024."
who cares if it was planned six months ago. Why is she always selling? Further, why does she deserve tens and hundreds of millions to do nothing but sit and eat?

Agree. I know Elon has been guilty of both hyperbole and stating FSD will blow your mind before. I'm less interested in how 12.4 performs its tasks, rather I'm excited that it might be measurably better than 12.3. As most know, 12.x was a new approach and a step change of progress, therefore, being able to show measurable progress so soon would be a strong indication that Tesla has the correct approach to iterate this time.
Agreed. It's the first version update after V12 released publicly. It's exciting to see what has improved, what has regressed, etc. It will give us a picture into what will come.

Reactions: insaneoctane
Never seen anyone say that before, got any examples?

What I have seen recently is lots of really good contributors leaving the thread due to the incessant negative FUD being posted then users trying to argue against it when it's clear the person is just posting any old negative story with no checking. Used to be dealt with better, wondering if there has been a change in the people doing the moderation or someone has an agenda, no idea just very strange.

If you think there are no Trolls on here then I've got a bridge to sell ya!
Your reply is exactly what he's pointing to. If you aren't a 110% uber bull with rose colored glasses you are labeled a troll and run out with crazy conspiracy theories of FUD, etc. It's just the opposite of TSLAQ and the uber bulls don't even see their behavior is just the other side of the crazy coin.