Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meanwhile, solar is bye bye. My order was on hold for close to 2 years. I am getting my $250 back.😶

Logo
Thank you for your interest in Solar Roof.

Unfortunately, as of today Tesla is no longer directly installing Solar Roof in your area. As a result, your order will be canceled in the next 7 days and any deposit refunded per our Terms and Conditions.

If you are still interested in pursuing a Solar Roof installation, we have a Tesla Certified Installer in your area. We can share your project details and contact information to assist in a smooth transition. We apologize for any inconvenience and remain committed to helping you transition to sustainable energy.

If you have any questions or concerns, please respond to this email - our team is available to assist.​

Some "people familiar with the matter" stuff. So take it with a pinch of Himalayan salt. But I find it plausible. What they said about Baidu is in line with my thinking.

I am pretty sure the first 2 are guesses. I don't think Elon's team or the Chinese leadership will leak what was discussed in private until the time is right, given the sensitivity of the Chinese leadership 😬.

Not sure if anyone cares, but:

"China Daily (Chinese: 中国日报; pinyin: Zhōngguó Rìbào) is an English-language daily newspaper owned by the Publicity Department of the Chinese Communist Party.[1][2][3]"

"In a 2004 journal article, University of Sheffield professor Lily Chen stated that China Daily was "essentially a publicly funded government mouthpiece".[49] Judy Polumbaum stated in the Berkshire Encyclopedia of China (2009) that China Daily "resists definition as a simple mouthpiece" and has a "distinctive, if quixotic, status".[17] In 2009, China Daily was called "the most influential English language national newspaper in China" according to University of St. Thomas scholar Juan Li.[20] It is known for original reporting.[17] Non-governmental organization Reporters Without Borders has accused China Daily of engaging in censorship and propaganda.[50][51]"

"Media outlets such as The New York Times, NPR, Quartz, and BuzzFeed News have published accounts of China Daily's dissemination of disinformation related to the 2019–2020 Hong Kong protests.[53][54][55][56][57] In September 2019, China Daily's official Facebook account stated that Hong Kong protesters were planning on launching terrorist attacks on 11 September of the same year.[58][59]"

"In January 2022, China Daily alleged that the U.S. planned to pay athletes to "sabotage" the 2022 Winter Olympics.[68] In March 2022, China Daily published an article in Chinese[69] which falsely claimed that COVID-19 was created by Moderna, citing a page on The Exposé, a British conspiracist website.[70][71]"

Forcing people to work 80 hours is also a factor.

Clearly, you have never worked at a job where getting things done was your priority, rather than the company's, have you?

A compelling project is more than enough to motivate someone to work seemingly endless hours if it is what they would be doing anyway, given the choice. This also supports how it isn't always about the money, though the money is often good for those jobs.

Generally, the sort of people who work 80 hours a week are rarely forced to do so.

I have been on this thread for a while and have read every post for years. I posted here for a while until the mods complained about the number of posts and said not to post unless there was new information to share. I stopped posting so I would not add to the growing number of posts. I thought I was doing my part to be helpful and compliant.

I learned so much from some of the excellent participants on this forum that have come and gone. This used to be the place to go to get facts about Tesla and TSLA. I truly enjoyed spending hours each day reading every post and contemplating long term investor strategy. I made it a point to leave feedback as my way of participating.

I am sad to say that I will no longer be reading this thread. It has turned into a safe haven for traders, shorts, and trolls. Mod policies support this. It is no longer worth the time to wade through post after post of negativity and complaints about Elon. The same nonsensical posts over and over again by the same traders, shorts, and trolls. It’s too bad because I miss the thread this used to be. I will also no longer financially support TMC.

Wish all of the friends I have made here the very best. Let me know if this thread ever becomes useful again.

may7krug.jpg

Good grief, percent of TSLA selling by shorts rose all the way to 62% today. Someone is trying very hard to see the stock price go down. The good news is that the majority of the market is so far giving a big yawn and volume was a mere 75M shares.

Notice what appears to be a tail and two ears in the percent of selling tagged to shorts chart. Notice the facial expression that resembles a laugh. I took the liberties of drawing eyes and whiskers, and sure enough, the shorts have managed to facilitate the dreaded @Krugerrand pattern.

Last edited:
Another great teardown video by Caresoft, brought to you by Autoline. Different style of presentation compared to Sandy Munro. If I had to choose, I think I prefer these over Sandy's. This one discusses the evolution of the body in white and gigacastings between the Model Y and CT. They mention this is yet another evolutionary step working towards the unboxed manufacturing process.

The CT is an engineering marvel. Structural integrity, different metal compounds, depending on strength need, massive castings. Every time I watch one of these videos, I can't help but wonder and smile at what the legacy manufacturers must be thinking. I bet their pants are getting heavy.

Well worth a watch.

Seems like John prefers Caresoft also, or Sandy has lost credibility in the industry bc he seems to have gone full Tesla inflluencer mode

Reactions: skybluecgreen
I have been on this thread for a while and have read every post for years. I posted here for a while until the mods complained about the number of posts and said not to post unless there was new information to share. I stopped posting so I would not add to the growing number of posts. I thought I was doing my part to be helpful and compliant.

I learned so much from some of the excellent participants on this forum that have come and gone. This used to be the place to go to get facts about Tesla and TSLA. I truly enjoyed spending hours each day reading every post and contemplating long term investor strategy. I made it a point to leave feedback as my way of participating.

I am sad to say that I will no longer be reading this thread. It has turned into a safe haven for traders, shorts, and trolls. Mod policies support this. It is no longer worth the time to wade through post after post of negativity and complaints about Elon. The same nonsensical posts over and over again by the same traders, shorts, and trolls. It’s too bad because I miss the thread this used to be. I will also no longer financially support TMC.

Wish all of the friends I have made here the very best. Let me know if this thread ever becomes useful again.
I have been reading this thread off and on. Trolls - Yes. Shorts - Maybe. But traders? Are you saying traders cuz traders = bad so if someone is bad they must be a trader?

I have been reading this thread off and on. Trolls - Yes. Shorts - Maybe. But traders? Are you saying traders cuz traders = bad so if someone is bad they must be a trader?
Not at all. Traders are fine, but I just consider it different than investing and as the thread name implies this is an investor’s thread. That’s all I meant. I have always appreciated your posts, by the way.

I have a friend that has been working at Tesla for a while now and he shared an email Elon sent regarding layoffs, hardcore, etc. I did not post it on here because mods might remove it for being inappropriate or what not.

TL DR: He wants people to put in 80 hrs and if they are not willing to ditch their personal life for the mission, they're out. Company wide ban on frivolous activities, and third, any complaints about the new initiative, they're out. Lastly, he mentioned that tesla cannot afford to carry any dead weight which is why the SC team was let go.
You should ask your friend if the 80 hour workweek expectation is fully compensated. Even salaried folks can be compensated for all hours worked, but that's usually when there's someone to "bill"...I don't think Tesla has anyone to bill, so the 80 hours is likely just the expectation to earn their salary. Doesn't sound sustainable to me but Elon is known to do the impossible.

Regarding the use of lidar to verify ground truth data Elon mentions they don't need them for even that anymore. Wonder if they're using them for anything at all or if he's saying they no longer need them period.

Sounds like they're making good headway finally with FSD
Now Tesla uses lidar to check if all employees are at their stations 80 hrs a week. /s