Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This brings back memories of car counting.
I think all the trucks on the side of the building are waiting on a missing part.
Hopefully just a cup holder.

Most of these are missing a cover on both sides of the tonneau cover.
Lurking mostly and still haven't sold a share, should be close to getting my CT with a fairly low reservation number 1283xxx. I want to get back down to Boca Chica to replicate the avatar but this time with the Cybertruck. Happy Holidays and glad to have found this forum years ago with so many knowledgeable investors sharing details of why to keep searching couch cushions to buy more shares.

Attachments

• GB-XalIXoAE-h--.jpeg
    GB-XalIXoAE-h--.jpeg
    598.2 KB · Views: 27
But worse than "Airplane". Between that and "Capricorn One", OJ really had a stab at being a star of the silver screen.
Capricorn One is a relatively unknown gem...

(but again, I wasn't talking about the quality of the movie, I was talking about the it being unfortunate to have that plot made about a person...)

Not sure they can do that at the moment.
In end2end ai there might be no way to restrict the fsd model.
The fleet is on v11.x at the moment, so the std AP vs. FSD feature set is easy to implement right now. Recall that 'single stack' referred to the integration of the 4-yr-old legacy Highway FSD stack with the FSD beta stack for City Streets.

Tesla deployed 'single-stack' to the FSD beta fleet around 6 mths ago w. the v11 branch. Previously, there was a noticable pause during the switch between the two stacks, Highway vs City.

I was referring to 'single-stack' in my OP, not 'end-to-end' which is what we expect for FSD beta v12

My fear is that currently tesla has separate ai teams and solutions
The AP team likely received the core of "3D park assist" from the Optimus bot team. They are too small, and moving too fast to duplicate effort (or to linger over a win).

Cheers!

P.S. | PSA: It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year's that matters, its what you eat between New Year's and Christmas!

Last edited:
Thinking about the difference between the single amorphous ‘blob’ end2end versus a stack with some form of intermediate API style connections - this will be very important for Optimus - for that to be very successful it will require an ecosystem similar to the Apple AppStore along with developers etc.

That implies the ability to have underlying skills along with ‘add on’ skills developed for particular markets or proprietary needs. Similarly I would guess the need for reference libraries of ‘truth’ such as electrical construction codes, or medical rules and so on. Also it will be necessary to certify skills, so end users can be sure the Bot is capable of the required task and so on.

Hence the idea of a single (Tesla supplied) NN would severely limit the TAM like the initial iPhone implementation. It was the AppStore that transformed the market.

I do wish Tesla would debug software before putting it out to the mass market. For years auto wipe worked fine for me. Got an update and now the wipers only work in the garage. Out where it’s raining, they don’t do anything. Fortunately, the regular settings work fine, but Autopilot is disabled. Not debugging software seems to be the most common complaint over in the software thread.

I think this is unlikely to happen primarily for safety and security reasons. I don't want 'bot being reprogrammed for use in E. Europe. Some TAM u don't want.
But that would be a real limitation. Say I want bots in my factory to carry out some very particular activity that would save me a huge amount of money. I would have to apply to Tesla and get in some queue to have them (maybe) add that skill in several years?

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
But that would be a real limitation. Say I want bots in my factory to carry out some very particular activity that would save me a huge amount of money. I would have to apply to Tesla and get in some queue to have them (maybe) add that skill in several years?

It will be several (okay, a few... well, maybe one or two) years before that opportunity presents itself. In that time, how many similar jobs will the bot already be trained for by being developed and performing work in Tesla/Musk locations?

Tesla factories, retail stores, job sites, BoringCo, SpaceX, etc. will offer a colorful palette of human job experiences during the development phase that should be easily adapted to other tasks by the time bot services are being offered to customers beyond the Elonosphere.

As for the queue, the development phase will be proudly shared as milestones are achieved, and, once opened for orders, the Bot-services queue will make the Cybertruck queue look like crumbs on the counter by comparison.

Last edited:
I do wish Tesla would debug software before putting it out to the mass market. For years auto wipe worked fine for me. Got an update and now the wipers only work in the garage. Out where it’s raining, they don’t do anything. Fortunately, the regular settings work fine, but Autopilot is disabled. Not debugging software seems to be the most common complaint over in the software thread.
*sigh*

Manually use the bloody wipers, ok. It’s not the end of the world.

I understand. Truly. Guy who just put in my new windshield took the car for a drive to finish calibration and came back to double check his work because auto wipers didn’t appear to be working correctly while out on his rainy drive.

I laughed out loud and explained to him, ‘They can have a mind of their, etc., etc.,’. He appreciated the information for further Tesla work.

Does this bother me? No. Not even a little bit. I find it endlessly hilarious. I imagine all sorts of bloopers coming from my bot. And did you know my toaster, an invention from 1893, still burns my toast now and again even when I haven’t touched the toasting dial in months! 5 toasting level doesn’t always mean 5 toasting level even with a slice of gluten from the same loaf. 🤷🏻

I understand the inconsistency of auto-wipers does bother some people and to them I say - forest for the tress, people, forest for the trees.