Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think a plow would help with that, you’d need a big snowblower? Or are you thinking of 8’ tall stacked plows?
I was responding to a joke with a joke. But even a snowblower, which I have, isn’t going to be very useful once 8’ has dropped. You need very BIG equipment in those circumstances. Something like this, which requires my world to collide for even me to afford comfortably.

IMG_0447.jpeg

You... are clearly not in Arizona. And please; do not attempt this. Your entertaining presence on this forum would be dearly missed. ;)
Correct. We have established I’m not in AZ and AZ is not just down the street. However, back in the day, the spouse did use our station wagon as a plow to get through a section of drifted road during a blizzard. The drift was well over the roof of the car. If you hit it at just the right speed, don’t lift your foot, death grip the wheel, the road is relatively straight and wide, and have some banked good will with The Almighty, it works surprisingly well. So, CT through 8’ of snow might actually be possible. As above, I’ll back to everyone on that. Or not. Perhaps I’m overdrawn and unaware. 🤷🏻

I was responding to a joke with a joke. But even a snowblower, which I have, isn’t going to be very useful once 8’ has dropped. You need very BIG equipment in those circumstances. Something like this, which requires my world to collide for even me to afford comfortably.

View attachment 997943
Cat builds mountain. Names it "Mount Cat Litter".

Sorry if this is a repost but, did you all see this?

I'm not understanding why anyone would want/need to add a snowplow onto the front of their Cybertruck. The thing's a tank, and bulletproof. Just use it as a snowplow as is from the factory, and ram your way through! Snow too high to plow? CT becomes a tunnel boring machine. :cool: :rolleyes:;)

And after you do this, let us know how it went.👍 /s

Indeed. It's also unknown how the cast chassis and "exoskeleton" design will affect attachments points for things like plows.

Also, truck have GAWR's that should not be exceeded, although many people do (significantly) for plows[1]... it would be nice to know what that is.

[1] - It's often the case for ICE trucks that the "biggest" truck model/engine has a lesser available plow capacity...the front axle limits are often closer to max with a big heavy diesel engine...

IMG_0532.jpeg

This is my current snow plow (DR Power )configuration, it's based on a front hitch mount and lightweight. I've used it for 11 years and works for me here in Southeast Alaska. I would like the same rig on my Cybertruck.

Haha, Netflix stole this movie plot idea from Elon. Many years ago he said Tesla is extremely careful about car software security, otherwise hackers might take control of the car remotely, and send them all to Rhode Island.

Elon should definately sue for a share of royalties from this flix. :D

In the intervening years, many Tesla sponsored hack-a-thons and white-hat challenges have demonstrated thoroughly that Tesla cars have the best software security in the industry. Now about Ford Blue Cruz? Seen the movie 'Blue Crush'?

Who else started bawling like a toddler who just had his lollipop taken away when you saw all those crunched up Teslas?
Yeah, won't happen like that even if you hacked the FSD or the Nav. Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) is a separte software system, and would kick in before those types of collisions, even if FSD was trying to do that deliberately.

But like Mark Twain said, never let the truth get in the way of a good story... :D

Cheers to the White-hats!

Last edited:
Nitrogen filled tires are very close to a scam. Dry air is no different. If nitrogen inflation is free it does no harm, but don't think that it makes any difference.
Things may have changed, but way back when…the oxygen in a sample of standard atmosphere pumped into a tire can eventually leach through rubber.

It is one reason why aircraft tires (at least ones I was familiar with) are filled with only nitrogen; the pressure stays the same after pumping them up and pure nitrogen creates a more stable tire under conditions experienced in the aviation world.

But for a daily driver car, agree N2 is a scam.

Things may have changed, but way back when…the oxygen in a sample of standard atmosphere pumped into a tire can eventually leach through rubber.

It is one reason why aircraft tires (at least ones I was familiar with) are filled with only nitrogen; the pressure stays the same after pumping them up and pure nitrogen creates a more stable tire under conditions experienced in the aviation world.

With oxygen tight butyl rubber, it's impervious to oxygen. There might be some migration, but it would take a very long time (unless the butyl liner is damaged from mounting). Airplanes use it for two reasons. First is fire, nitrogen doesn't support combustion, second is ice. If the air is not dry then ice crystals can form cutting the butyl lining. (I've actually seen truck tires with over a gallon of water left in them from being left out in the rain and then mounted without draining the water.)

Yeah, Cybertruck IS the plow. No plow is the best plow.

Put CT on lowest suspension setting and have at it. Can’t wait to see vids of this in action.

Duct tape a piece of plywood on edge across the front and you're good to go!

Or see if you can get part of a SpaceX scrap ring from a retired Starship so it will match the truck.

I'm not understanding why anyone would want/need to add a snowplow onto the front of their Cybertruck. The thing's a tank, and bulletproof. Just use it as a snowplow as is from the factory, and ram your way through! Snow too high to plow? CT becomes a tunnel boring machine. :cool: :rolleyes:;)

And after you do this, let us know how it went.👍 /s
I've had several truck owners say if the CT cannot plow snow they aren't interested. But they did assure me the CT could plow because isn't that what trucks do where it snows? Hard to argue with that logic.

With oxygen tight butyl rubber, it's impervious to oxygen. There might be some migration, but it would take a very long time (unless the butyl liner is damaged from mounting). Airplanes use it for two reasons. First is fire, nitrogen doesn't support combustion, second is ice. If the air is not dry then ice crystals can form cutting the butyl lining. (I've actually seen truck tires with over a gallon of water left in them from being left out in the rain and then mounted without draining the water.)
Nitrogen gas fill reduces the permeation of the gas through the tire by about 1/3 as compared to air. There is (slow)permeation through tire during use. Mostly a gimmick in passenger cars, imo. Unlike the beet juice in my tractor tires.

Most people don't check their vehicles tire air pressure regularly. This wastes fuel.

Department of Transportation figures show that under-inflated tires waste about 5 million gallons of gas every day in the United States.

A tire that is 20 percent underinflated can increase a vehicle’s fuel consumption by 10 percent because an underinflated tire creates more resistance.

Nitrogen molecules are larger and slower moving than those of compressed air. Because of this, nitrogen won't seep out of your tires as quickly as air will, helping to maintain proper pressure for a longer period of time.

I brought the original claim/concern to this forum from the comments under a CleanTechnica article.
It did indeed refer to corrosion, and they mentioned the salted roads / the salty water mist thrown up by cars on highways in the northern US during winter.
If none of that corrodes copper, as has been indicated here (particularly if that copper wire is insulated/sealed), the concern is a nonstarter.
I am certainly not concerned at this point. 75% less copper = damn good use of our money and resources.

I appreciate all the informative posts on this, question answered, but now it may be time to rewire retire this topic.
It most certainly corrodes copper (at least uncoated/insulated copper). Anyone have an older car with a copper/brass radiator back in the day? The air centers (fins) were .0015 copper-and after just a few years in a area with road salt, essentially disappeared, all that was left was the tube. And it failed shortly after the fins did-they provide the support that keep the tubes from ballooning. Of course, anyone that worked on an older vehicle in the NE or midwest undoubtably dealt with corroded wiring as well.

Last edited:
Haha, Netflix stole this movie plot idea from Elon. Many years ago he said Tesla is extremely careful about car software security, otherwise hackers might take control of the car remotely, and send them all to Rhode Island.

Elon should definately sue for a share of royalties from this flix. :D

In the intervening years, many Tesla sponsored hack-a-thons and white-hat challenges have demonstrated thoroughly that Tesla cars have the best software security in the industry. Now about Ford Blue Cruz? Seen the movie 'Blue Crush'?

Yeah, won't happen like that even if you hacked the FSD or the Nav. Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) is a separte software system, and would kick in before those types of collisions, even if FSD was trying to do that deliberately.

But like Mark Twain said, never let the truth get in the way of a good story... :D

Cheers to the White-hats!
Elon's private jet landed in Rhode Island at around 3:00 this afternoon. 😳