Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1692043856483-png.964874

I updated the chart with the average per stall. That makes Tesla's cost roughly half of everyone else.
Based on these PennDOT NEVI average award per stall numbers, your numbers seem indicate Tesla's "half of everyone else:" $92k/stall vs bp's TravelCenters of America / TA Operating LLC's $265k/stall. Ignoring non-hardware costs like installation, presumably Tesla can price the chargers sold to bp with significant 100%+ margins?

bp's NEVI award is nearly 3x Tesla's per stall, so there's money that can be "shared" that still results in profits for both Tesla and bp.

I think so. Technically, we've lost the support of the recent trend line. Could retest previous low. I'm not calling that, I'm just saying it could happen. I am calling 160-170.
Thx 4 reply……..
Wow i’d be in shock if we hit 160 by year end.
I just don’t see another $50 drop with some of the positive news coming out. I do see Tesla exceeding expectations for 4th quarter as the bar has been lowered. I’m expecting a ^^^^ big move.

Last edited:
Not vaguely worried about SP. I've seen far worse drops, with the company in a MUCH worse state, with lots of legit reasons to worry (the model 3 ramp in particular).
Cybertruck launch will be transformational. Plus highland reviews seem to be universally glowing. We also have the 'juniper' model Y refresh just around the corner. Holding Tesla stock is nerve wracking because you never know whats next. Sometimes its not good (Elon buys twitter, Elon starts argument online), and then occasionally just out of the blue, Hertz announce a major deal. or the entire US auto industry collapses and agree to use Teslas charging standards,

We could have a major FSD breakthrough at any time. A major bot update at any time. There could be a sudden announcement of favorable cybertruck pricing. There could be a huge, huge order for semis by Pepsi at any time.

This is why I don't trade TSLA any more. I buy and hold. Anyone who sold recently and is 'waiting to get back in', is playing with fire. You have no idea what gets announced tomorrow morning, or tonight. On balance, I'm happier sleeping HODLing TSLA than sitting on the sidelines!

Not vaguely worried about SP. I've seen far worse drops, with the company in a MUCH worse state, with lots of legit reasons to worry (the model 3 ramp in particular).
Cybertruck launch will be transformational. Plus highland reviews seem to be universally glowing. We also have the 'juniper' model Y refresh just around the corner. Holding Tesla stock is nerve wracking because you never know whats next. Sometimes its not good (Elon buys twitter, Elon starts argument online), and then occasionally just out of the blue, Hertz announce a major deal. or the entire US auto industry collapses and agree to use Teslas charging standards,

We could have a major FSD breakthrough at any time. A major bot update at any time. There could be a sudden announcement of favorable cybertruck pricing. There could be a huge, huge order for semis by Pepsi at any time.

This is why I don't trade TSLA any more. I buy and hold. Anyone who sold recently and is 'waiting to get back in', is playing with fire. You have no idea what gets announced tomorrow morning, or tonight. On balance, I'm happier sleeping HODLing TSLA than sitting on the sidelines!

Well said, agreed completely. 👍

I’ll ask the same question for this chart as the other; do we believe this chart?
Follow the money (in case someone actually does wonder if we should believe that chart)...

"In 2015, TPPF had total revenue of $10.8 million.[14] Donors to the organization include energy companies Chevron, ExxonMobil, and other fossil fuel interests."

Thx 4 reply……..
Wow i’d be in shock if we hit 160 by year end.
I just don’t see another $50 drop with some of the positive news coming out. I do see Tesla exceeding expectations for 4th quarter as the bar has been lowered. I’m expecting a ^^^^ big move.

When I see prognostications like that I just pine for the good ol' days. Like the end of 2019 through 2020.

Nostalgia just ain't what it used to be.