Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me thinks those CTs are going as display units to Tesla Stores across the US of A. It will bring more crowds in and mob will be able to see it in person, it - the actual production model.

I did tell what SA told me in store about 2 months ago. It is about the time to show them to the masses.

Now, what if first 1000 ordered ones are free? Hope I am 666 in the queue.
You want people to see them? Get them on the roads driving all around.

9 is a funny quantity to send to fremont. I can imagine them needing 1 or 2 (a spare?) if they need to do some fancy software/calibration stuff that only staff already based at fremont can do...?
But 9 is too much for stuff like that surely? And although they joked about it in that video from ages ago, we can assume crash testing was done long before now. 9 would be maybe a good backdrop for an announcement, but then why do it where its being built?
Its pretty clear that we are getting closer to some event. Maybe just the announcement of final specs/prices and the date for first delivery event. I expect wall st will continue to pretend this isn't happening until the first few thousand are in customers hands, and wont build CT into any projections until Q1 2024.

This is probably one of the most exciting times to be an investor in Tesla in years. Highland/CT/Semi all about to happen.

BTW 2022 Tesla AI day was October 1st. Update soon?

Makes sense, we love it, but we see so many people saying they hate it
Some people need to see it and hate it at least once, before they decide they like it, and some eventually decide they love it.

Some will see it and hate it them keep hating it.

Some will see it and then decide a Model Y suits their needs better.

If 30% of truck buyers like it enough to buy one, that is a win,

Just show them a picture of the stock chart over the last few years.

This time two years ago, in 2021, we were all very happy with the results of TSLA. In 2023, I read a sense of frustration, despair, and laughter on this forum.

It's basically the same price point in mid-August 2021 and mid-August 2023.

In the first 2 quarters of 2021...leading in to mid-August 2021...$22.4B in revenue. In 2023? $48.2B.

Net income in mid-August 2021 from the first 2 quarters? $1.58B. In 2023? $5.22B.

That's more than 2x the revenue! That's more than 3x the net income! What's changed?

It doesn't make much sense to me other than my line of thinking is that:

1. climate change is happening and that's brought along a lot of uncertainty in the entire market (which is dropping P/S ratios significantly)
2. this market likely won't change, and I'm thinking interest rates too as we are consistently being told we're in a managed transition, until Tesla's efforts are showing a direct change in improving carbon emissions and the environment
3. this feels like an economic market hedge between potentially sustainability or consistently averting disasters and determining Plans B, C, D, E, F, etc...

...that's just me thinking out loud.

Reactions: Nathan and navguy12
Makes sense, we love it, but we see so many people saying they hate it

But those who see it in person, always say it's a totally different beast IRL and that pictures doesn't do justice

So having it in every service center, or at least the bigger ones might be a nice move
Same thing was said when TM3 was first revealed; anyone who saw it in person said the pictures didn’t do it justice.

Yeah the Texas dynamic gets blown out of proportion. It's a bit inconvenient sure, but it's not that bad. You just have to order online, you can't walk into a Tesla store and order directly through them.

You can take delivery in Texas. I was just in Dallas 2 weeks ago and the drive from Love field to downtown takes you right by a Tesla delivery center with many Tesla's in the lot being delivered.
So can you go into a Tesla store in Texas, use their 'puter, and log in the order site and order it while in the store? Or perhaps on your smart phone?

Just checking...

I needed this today. Tough week for my investments, but it’s always nice to have a little bit of a reminder of how critical the mission is.

The driver of this car said she never saw the kid, and the car braked on its own… I’m pretty sure the kids gonna be fine with just a few scratches on the elbows, but would almost certainly be facing a different outcome if there had been a different car in that spot. Note the car is almost at a complete stop at impact; and more importantly; did not run the kid over after impact.

The driver and mother gave me permission to share the video.

Does anyone know why there’s no audible warning? Or does the TeslaCam not capture audio (I’m embarrassed to not know)? I believe all the audio you hear is from the traffic passing in the background while filming.

Last edited:
I needed this today. Tough week for my investments, but it’s always nice to have a little bit of a reminder of how critical the mission is.

The driver of this car said she never saw the kid, and the car braked on its own… I’m pretty sure the kids gonna be fine with just a few scratches on the elbows, but would almost certainly be facing a different outcome if there had been a different car in that spot. Note the car is almost at a complete stop at impact; and more importantly; did not run the kid over after impact.

The driver and mother gave me permission to share the video.

Does anyone know why there’s no audible warning? Or does the TeslaCam not capture audio (I’m embarrassed to not know)? I believe all the audio you hear is from the traffic passing in the background while filming.

Teslacam doesn't record audio. Glad the kid is ok.

Finally talked my wife into getting a Tesla. She, for some reason I’ll never understand, loves her 13 year old Camry Hybrid. Women.

Going through the process, and today received their trade in offer (took a while to receive; Probably couldn’t stop laughing) and one of the final steps was taking a picture of the dash, including the odometer.

Looking at the mileage the app displayed, it showed almost 4,000 miles less than what I reported days earlier, about 73,000 miles. Kicking myself trying to figure out how I could have been off by that much, I compared the numbers again, and then read their “mileage” again on the screen: “69420”

Damn you Elon.

Attachments

• IMG_9931.jpeg
    IMG_9931.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 273
So can you go into a Tesla store in Texas, use their 'puter, and log in the order site and order it while in the store? Or perhaps on your smart phone?

Just checking...
No. Maybe your smartphone could work, but the Tesla employees would not be able to help. Easiest to order from home. Tesla employees can’t even tell you the price although it’s on the window sticker. It’s stupid but then that’s Texas politicians for you.

Yes, Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) emits an audible warning (continuous loud fast high-pitched beeps). The dash cam does not save audio to the video clip. The one you're seeing in this Youtube video was captured from the in-car playback feature: the audio is coming from the environment around the car (which must be in 'Park' to play video BTW).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Yes, Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) emits an audible warning (continuous loud fast high-pitched beeps). The dash cam does not save audio to the video clip. The one you're seeing in this Youtube video was captured from the in-car playback feature: the audio is coming from the environment around the car (which must be in 'Park' to play video BTW).

Cheers!
Yeah, I know; I recorded it. I just wish I had captured the whole screen but at the time I was just trying to get the video footage to show to the trauma doc. (Everyone was pretty impressed that I was able to quickly locate the dash cam footage)

But I’m curious why it didn’t indicate that the vehicle had activated the pedestrian detection and applied the brakes.

Would be cool if there was some visual representation of this; I only know because the driver said multiple times that she “never saw the kid”…which would be a weird claim, considering you’d have just spared a childs’ life.

Last edited:
9 is a funny quantity to send to fremont. I can imagine them needing 1 or 2 (a spare?) if they need to do some fancy software/calibration stuff that only staff already based at fremont can do...?
But 9 is too much for stuff like that surely? And although they joked about it in that video from ages ago, we can assume crash testing was done long before now. 9 would be maybe a good backdrop for an announcement, but then why do it where its being built?
Its pretty clear that we are getting closer to some event. Maybe just the announcement of final specs/prices and the date for first delivery event. I expect wall st will continue to pretend this isn't happening until the first few thousand are in customers hands, and wont build CT into any projections until Q1 2024.

This is probably one of the most exciting times to be an investor in Tesla in years. Highland/CT/Semi all about to happen.

BTW 2022 Tesla AI day was October 1st. Update soon?
Strange but along with CT that are rumored to be headed to Detroit, maybe they are for press / you tuber test drives?