Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unprotected turns are awesome. Also the car for the first time ever stopped at the gate of my gated community! It didn't try to accelerate through it like before. Much improved!

There are some jerkiness from time to time and some usual phantom slowing but hey I'll take the wins. The gate thing is awesome! It means Tesla is finally detecting UFOs!
I got it this morning. A little jerky at times, but aside from that I'm floored by the progress. From what I'm seeing so far it's finally at the point where it's actually useful in a drive for some people vs being a toy/test platform.

CPI report is out tomorrow (Tues) at 8:30am. I think I've been saying Wednesday for the last couple weeks.
Maybe you were thinking PPI? That comes out Wednesday.

I'm expecting a pretty large rally (relative) if CPI comes in cool (which it should). The market will flip flop back to 50bps raise later this month, which should set off a 3-4% rally for the overall market.

As I see it privacy/recording laws have nothing to do with it. AFAIK Every Tesla employee has signed an NDA, so by sharing that recording they are violating the agreement they signed. (Even if they didn't record/share it, but instead shared the call in information with a reporter they were still violating their NDA.)

Of course, the issue is that Tesla probably has no way to know who did it, and the reporters aren't going to tell them who did...
Yeah. The Tesla Anti-Handbook Handbook forbids doing “Stupid Stuff”, and the short list of “examples of stupid things people do” includes “Disclosing confidential information”.

So unless this information wasn’t actually confidential (unlikely) then somebody violated company policy.

<snip>

Don't get me wrong, it's okay to be excited about the company crushing it and EV adoption taking off. It's just not a good idea to be prematurely excited about the share price. It's like celebrating your teams win when the other team still has plenty of time to get the winning score.
Kinda like the Braves/Mariners game yesterday?

Go M's!!!

Last edited:
Unprotected turns are awesome. Also the car for the first time ever stopped at the gate of my gated community! It didn't try to accelerate through it like before. Much improved!

There are some jerkiness from time to time and some usual phantom slowing but hey I'll take the wins. The gate thing is awesome! It means Tesla is finally detecting UFOs!

All previous versions try to go through our gate without stopping, usually out through the in gate. On last weeks FSD update, it picked the right gate but wanted to smash through it. There are no pavement markings and the entry gate road immediately splits left/right within 50 feet of the gate so I can see why it's confusing FSD. Downloading the latest version right now.

So... is there anything that indicates these really are v4 Supercharger designs? Or is the suggestion that this is version 4 of a site design? Sites have allowed for battery storage for some time now....

If this is a v4 Supercharger design, have any of the charging/power specs been disclosed?

EDIT: The original tweet was from MarcoRPTesla who I've been told is a reliable source of Supercharger info. What is below is mostly wrong but left for posterity.

Aside from the tweet saying it is. There is this. "Supercharger Post (TYP. 4)"

1662996751149.png

Last edited:
I think that's short for typical (as in quantity), not type. Especially since they are not using V1 cabinets.
The reference insert S-502 would have the post details.
Then we have to rely on the fact that it was posted by MarcoRPTesla, the self proclaimed best source of Supercharger information on Twitter. I'm not super familiar with him, but Sawyer Merritt retweeted it so.... I'd give it a 65% reliability index. Sawyer often has scoops... but occasionally retweets nonsense.

Reactions: mongo and Nocturnal
Aside from the tweet saying it is. There is this. "Supercharger Post (TYP. 4)"

View attachment 851667

(EDIT: Of course it could be an elaborate forgery 👩‍🌾)
I hope that isn't what he is basing it being a V4 site on. "TYP." on engineer drawings mean "Typical" and the number likely refers to a note further in the plan documents.

Because if it is, we also have V8 stalls being installed:

1662997421088.png

Tho no doubt Tesla is growing despite all the noise, you cannot discount that some of this stuff have damaged Tesla's brand value.

One such example is that after the whole airline stewardess hit piece, Hertz no longer show any version of their online ad with Tesla cars, just the Polestar cars. The switch literally went live on the day off and I thought Hertz will be alternating but still have yet to see them rotating Teslas back.

If anyone still sees Hertz's online ad with Tesla cars, let me know. Maybe it's just a coincidence.
I see Hertz ads with nothing but Tesla cars on youtube every day.

Reactions: MountainRatMat