Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prefer $1200 for extra clean...but $930 will suffice for today :)

So, $310 to Austin? ;)

3-10 to Yuma.jpg

Cheers!

I'm looking forward to the battle for $420.69. Which, ironically, is also the battle for the new All Time High.

Yes, the simulation DOES have a sense of humor! :p
Fine. You all think your funny.

1. Demand shares purchased
2. Battle share tally begins
3. High Hooker share tally begins

I’ll figure out a way to spend the money, don’t you all worry about that. Sure as mouse turds I won’t be paying off any student loans for your kids.

At the risk of saying something positive about a shareholder proposal from the last meeting (a request for a report on water related risks which was voted down), I will say this has been on a lot of our minds for a while.
Tesla does mention reduced water usage in the 2021 Impact Report regarding their new factories - but clearly, the factories, their power supplies, and their supply chains depend on water. Giga Austin appears to be doing a lot with regard to the rooftop solar, the perceived likely megapack install, and rainwater collection, all of which help reduce water needs - but this will not save the supply chains.
Agreed that Tesla with its forward focus is likely ahead of the legacy manufacturers in preparing for this challenge, but impacts may well be felt.
(We should all prepare for the flooding next; that's what has happened here in Texas anyway after months of drought, and seems to have become the new pattern.)
Meh. I’ll concern myself with what Tesla is doing when everyone else gets off their duffs and tries half as hard as Tesla has the last decade.

the Park Sunghyun family, who sold their house in Seoul, moved into a rented apartment, and invested their $230,000 family savings in Tesla stock

ballzy, more than HELOC ;) they must be reading TMC :)

They need water to cool them. A key impediment that is now beginning to threaten Tesla is that electrical energy production and natural gas supplies are both threatened by drought. Most of California will be threatened by lack of hydroelectric power, just as most of Europe already is for hydroelectric and now nuclear as well, plus the oft discussed gas shortages. Now electricity production is rapidly declining in parts of China because of hydroelectric stoppages.

Tesla, no matter how wise and creative, cannot overcome all of this.
Of course, most others will be even worse affected.

We can examine short term price issues as much as we want to. TSLA needs electricity and food supplies. just as everyone does.

I will not sell because I see no other alternative that is better. On the other hand I am doing all I can to reduce expenditures while providing liquidity to family who had very little.

Most of this can easily go to other threads. Still, the very long term risks are coming right now in almost the entire world, only a bit of the Southern Hemisphere is not yet facing calamity. These are bringing worldwide recession, by definition.

Germany cannot even get coal moving on the Rhine.
Italy loses rice, Mozzarella, and both food and agriculture:
Then consider what will happen very, very soon when the Amazon loses it's sources:

We need not mention the catastrophe happening in the west US, nor the catastrophe caused by the floods when some rain does come.

We should recognize now that Tesla cannot escape the consequences. SpaceX isn't ready to terraform new planets for us to destroy.
That is a very sobering compendium; the race for truly meaningful amounts of solar electrification cannot come fast enough. And I grieve to admit the operative word of the phrase - “cannot” - is where the tragedy will lie.

On the brighter side, it looks as though I picked a good millennium to buy handsome amounts of Alaskan land. Serious offers now being considered.

Tesla, no matter how wise and creative, cannot overcome all of this.

No, but Tesla can greatly ameliorate the issues directly pertaining to Tesla's own production by solarizing it's factories, charging stations, and assisting it's suppliers to do likewise ...another row of plates to keep spinning. No other entity in the world could ever hope to be able to do as much.

Even those RORO ships look ripe for battery/solarization with their huge upper deck areas... But I guess they can go anywhere to fuel up, so not critical to overall operations...