Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Sichuan, China, where there has been a power shortage, “Tesla turned off or restrictes services at more than a dozen super-charging stations in the two cities, leaving just two still in operation and only during the night as of Aug. 17, local media reported, citing a letter from a driver”, reports Bloomberg article - Tesla, Nio Suspend EV Charging Services as China Power Cuts Bite

"But even the most optimised charging protocols will not be the main factor that enables extreme fast charging for most vehicles, says Tal. He expects the biggest improvements in vehicle charging times to come from new battery chemistries, bigger battery designs and faster charging station technology, along with car companies enhancing their battery pack designs."
Oh .. i must have missed that while skimming the article..

So "BREAKING: Future Technology might be better than current! - More News at 11"... :D

In 2020, the stock rose every day for the 5 days prior to the split.
It rose the day after the split as well.
Aug 28 $443
Aug 31 $498 (first day split adjusted)

TSLA shares started dropping on Sep 1st because Tesla reported the intent of a $5B capital raise.
With no capital raise this time, maybe the stock runs for a few days. At least I hope so.
a visual representation of the 5:1 split with 1 month on either side
1661341801509.png

Steve Jobs (not verbatim. Come on! I’ve already difficulty remembering my PIN and license plate). If you’re serious about software you make your own hardware. Dojo for Tesla.

and vice versa, I’d say. Tesla‘s.
FWIW, Steve Jobs famously did not have license plates. Back then one allegedly had six months to get permanent CA plates so he changed cars every six months. I was working in the area back then, and saw that he did not ahem plates and changed cars very often. I cannot directly confirm the legality of his practice.

I've seen an interview on TV news of someone representing the German nuclear plant owners very clearly saying that they would have no problem extending the use of the German plants that are supposed to close soon if they were asked by the government.

This was a couple of months ago and I have no idea how to find that on video anywhere but there was no doubt in their mind that they could continue operate them.
They need water to cool them. A key impediment that is now beginning to threaten Tesla is that electrical energy production and natural gas supplies are both threatened by drought. Most of California will be threatened by lack of hydroelectric power, just as most of Europe already is for hydroelectric and now nuclear as well, plus the oft discussed gas shortages. Now electricity production is rapidly declining in parts of China because of hydroelectric stoppages.

Tesla, no matter how wise and creative, cannot overcome all of this.
Of course, most others will be even worse affected.

We can examine short term price issues as much as we want to. TSLA needs electricity and food supplies. just as everyone does.

I will not sell because I see no other alternative that is better. On the other hand I am doing all I can to reduce expenditures while providing liquidity to family who had very little.

Most of this can easily go to other threads. Still, the very long term risks are coming right now in almost the entire world, only a bit of the Southern Hemisphere is not yet facing calamity. These are bringing worldwide recession, by definition.

Germany cannot even get coal moving on the Rhine.
Italy loses rice, Mozzarella, and both food and agriculture:
Then consider what will happen very, very soon when the Amazon loses it's sources:

We need not mention the catastrophe happening in the west US, nor the catastrophe caused by the floods when some rain does come.

We should recognize now that Tesla cannot escape the consequences. SpaceX isn't ready to terraform new planets for us to destroy.

BREAKING NEWS! (sorry for shouting)

I have it on good authority that there will be a significant downward movement in the SP between now and tomorrow morning. :eek:

Plan accordingly.;)

/s (3:1 split)
All I hope for is a solid climb beyond $900 - which is maybe happening right now - because I’d like to not read 83,000 posts over the coming months about the bloody battle for 300. 🙄🥱

Edit: Too late. Perhaps I can turn this into a positive. For every 300 battle mentioned I should buy a battle share.

Last edited: