Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You act like CA is terrible for home solar. Try living in PA just 5 years ago, or NV, or FL, or any of the dozens of states with little or no grid compensation.

CA utilities are corrupt. So are nearly all the rest of them.
So, now this comment helps bring things back to OT....How does Tesla energy overcome all this corruption? Clearly, NONE of the constituents want this, but many municipalities have been steam rolled into anti-green/energy independent rules by some well payed lobbyists. I understand that this is very political, but this corruption opposes Tesla's energy mission and can potentially slow our PV/storage adoption rate.

Last edited:
So, now this comment helps bring things back to OT....How does Tesla energy overcome all this corruption? Clearly, NONE of the constituents want this, but many municipalities have been steam rolled into anti-green/energy independent rules by some well payed lobbyist. I understand that this is very political, but this corruption opposes Tesla's energy mission and can potentially slow our PV/storage adoption rate.
Are there rules/laws preventing behind-the-meter solar and batteries?

If not, store excess solar in a home battery, and maximise self-consumption.

If the rules/law do exist, home owners need to challenge them, arrange petitions, lobby, raise funds for legal challenges.

Yes, we do need cheaper Powerwalls and a lot more of them, move them to LFP if possible.

Talking about TslaQ, Tslq is red 3 days in a row. I think we need to have a ticker TslqQ because I'm pretty sure that ETF will eventually goes to zero like SQQQ.
Before TSLQ launched in the US, I was reading about the European equivalents here: https://www.etf.com/sections/featur...-investors-about-single-stock-etfs?nopaging=1

They are also much more dangerous products as well, no thanks to the unforgiving math behind daily rebalancing. For instance, the 3 times long Tesla ETP is up 75% since July 2020, much less than the 215% gain for Tesla shares themselves. Of course, the 3 times short Tesla ETP has done much worse, losing 99.99% of its value in that timespan.

Given how badly the 3x Short Tesla Daily ETP did in Europe, I was surprised someone decided to try it again in the US.

• Informative
Reactions: Christine69420
Yes many of us never had an interest in massive cars (especially trucks) because of the inefficiences and associated perceptions.

1) Massive waste of $$$ on gas / energy
2) Loud noises
3) Lack of association with people who actually have trucks

Cybertruck flips everything on its head. Way less energy waste (and much cheaper especially if you have your own solar). Quiet killer. High utility with less downside.

Techies will buy the truck. Pop culture icons will buy and show off the truck. Classic truck lovers may resist at first, but resistence is futile. Way more efficient than the F150 Lightening, oh and bulletproof.

Watch for when the videos come out of the Cybertruck (literally) destroying competition. Wait for the videos where someone blasts the sides of the F150 and Cybertruck with 100s of rounds of ammo. Wait for the video where someone keeps ramming shopping carts into CT and Rivian.

Wait till there is a video of campers keeping food in their truck in the Sierras. Hummer gets demolish by a bear, CT is left standing.

Cybertruck dominates all. Everyone will want one.

Live in a sketchy part of town? Want a Cybertruck.

Cop? Want cybertruck.

Soccer mom? Cybertuck.

Yearly production will have to be 10 million + to satisfy demand.

Cybertruck will unite us all. Politics will undergo a tectonic shift due to Cybertruck as people actually begin relating to each other.

Wars will cease as soliders and generals see their opposition also owns Cybertrucks.

Poverty will be eliminated as first world citizens drive their Cybertrucks across the world filled with food to donate.

Sea level rise is solved by Cybertrucks carrying out ocean water and dumping it in the high desert.

Cybertruck will solve all of the world's problems.

This is so good it has to be requoted. Laughing hard. It’s so ridiculous.

Looking forward to 2023

We will agree to disagree then. Work patterns here in the USA are very "pulsatile". Peak demand for transport in the morning and afternoon for people commuting to work. I just don't ever see the fleet getting that large, and for that reason there will be things like "demand charges (a la Uber)" which will either upset people, or result in insufficient supply.

Additionally, you are never going to get people with 100+ mile per day commutes (tradesmen, etc.) to pack up their tools and hop in a robotaxi. This part is a byproduct of a larger country, and I expect this would be far less than smaller countries with shorter commutes.

Finally, you have people like me and my family that just have to leave on the drop of a hat (my wife runs a mobile business with same day appointments). We use Uber services when vacationing if possible, but for primary usage it's a no-go from the start.
This is anecdotal, but I think it is becoming increasingly clear that car ownership amongst younger people is significantly dropping, especially in urban or even suburban settings. And those settings encompass the vast majority of the population in most countries, including America. When kids in my generation turned 15, we were obsessed with the goal of getting a driver's license. It was a virtual rite of passage! Today, for a host of reasons, not so much. So the near and long term future looks very bright for robotaxis. I do agree that it's a less viable solution in rural areas.

Instead of a major single project, we can focus putting solar on roofs, covered parking, canals, and existing structures in general. That would get us there without a massive singular project in one location, which would be a juicy target for those that do such things.
Yes the solar covered canals seems like a no brained to do this, slows down evaporation while covering a lot of irrigation land which we have a lot of in the west.

This could be interesting to listen to (then again, maybe not):

Why is Twitter pushing for an expedited trial? Because it would entail limited discovery by defendant Musk's legal team. That tells me all I need to know about what's going on behind the veil at Twitter. They will fight tooth and nail to avoid revelations about the actual number of bot accounts populating their site. Exposing the truth of those numbers spells doom for Twitter and will spawn massive litigation and even criminal fraud investigations. Given the lack of transparency at Twitter regarding bot accounts, a ruling in favor of plaintiff would be outrageous. An appeal is guaranteed by either side that loses this motion.

I'll take door #3. Before either of those happen she will be ousted by the board.
The ousting will be retirement so everyone saves face.

The things GM does continue to amaze.....I just saw this article and cannot figure out why would they need a FWD, RWD and AWD version. The argument for FWD goes away when you can package a motor under the rear of the car. Why have the turning wheels do double work. The main advantage of FWD for ICE cars is in packaging to avoid a drive shaft and rear differential. The extra traction was side benefit due to having the engine over the drive wheels.

My experience with my RWD Model 3 is that it has great traction in the snow. As good as any FWD car likely because of the instantaneous control of the motors and some weight bias over the rear wheels.

Even Ford and VW has figured out RWD is the best location in the single motor cars, (Mach e and ID4).

Last edited:
Why is Twitter pushing for an expedited trial? Because it would entail limited discovery by defendant Musk's legal team. That tells me all I need to know about what's going on behind the veil at Twitter. They will fight tooth and nail to avoid revelations about the actual number of bot accounts populating their site. Exposing the truth of those numbers spells doom for Twitter and will spawn massive litigation and even criminal fraud investigations. Given the lack of transparency at Twitter regarding bot accounts, a ruling in favor of plaintiff would be outrageous. An appeal is guaranteed by either side that loses this motion.
I just don't understand this, if Twitter forces the acquisition then Elon will have access to everything. At that point could he sue and undo the deal because of fraud? (Assuming that there has been fraud.)

I just don't understand this, if Twitter forces the acquisition then Elon will have access to everything. At that point could he sue and undo the deal because of fraud? (Assuming that there has been fraud.)
Fair point. I would think a legal remedy would be available to him and his investor group, but I don't know. And the flipside of the coin is that Twitter is seeking an expedited trial because they believe they have not hidden anything material and want to enforce the deal. Get your popcorn ready. And maybe a little antacid.😬

Asian demand for Tesla is very real. Tesla recently registered in Thailand to sell vehicles and battery /solar products. I can't wait for them to establish their real presence here in the form of service centers and a SC network. Currently Tesla officially consists of a rented office downtown Bangkok. However, there are a number of Hong Kong spec 3 and Y models along with a few Model X floating around in the gray market here in Bangkok and Phuket, but the S is very rare bird. Get a load of the pricing for this "relic!" And the importer/seller will probably get the asking price!
C0ABF91E-4499-48A7-91B2-46119F343A2B.png
C0ABF91E-4499-48A7-91B2-46119F343A2B.pngC0ABF91E-4499-48A7-91B2-46119F343A2B.pngC58B2A05-4437-4498-B834-2BA3100D398B.jpeg

Attachments

• 45409F6B-023A-4CBA-85CF-EB27DCA3839B.jpeg
    45409F6B-023A-4CBA-85CF-EB27DCA3839B.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 50