Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The decision not to restart may be connected with this:

In 2022, the Qingming Festival falls on April 5. The public holiday in China is from April 3 to April 5, 2022.

Perhaps our members who are Chinese or familiar with Chinese holiday tradition can weigh in on this.
Would the Tesla factory have been closed for this Holiday or working with a reduced crew for this Holiday anyway?
My parents said workers are off one day which is the 5th. Usually shops are not closed.

I actually wanted to just get the grandson a single separate share and get the certificate for it - may still do that. I thought it would be a good educational tool. He already has a car (radio flyer version), and appreciates mine. And a piggy bank. Adding the certificate and showing him how his stock is going up, would likely pique his interest. Otherwise I agree with both you and @CHGolferJim.
When I got my wife’s grandkids shares of Tesla, I tried for the certificate, but just ended up with an official looking template on the internet and added their names using photoshop.
I wonder how many times the shares will split in 15 years for them.

Perhaps the complete opposite of what lora "dogfood" K wants to happen could occur. Stranger things have happened.
Perhaps Q1 P&D could be a nothing burger.......
I agree. That's exactly what it feels like to me: it is not a huge beat, so I do not expect fireworks or SpaceX inspired take-off in the SP Monday morning.
On the other hand it is also no disappointment, not even the skeptics at main stream media or the usual bears can throw sticks at this result, it is a great achievement in light of supply issues and Shanghai shutdown.

Are we cruising side-ways (with the usual fluctuations) until earnings report ?
If I learned one thing from TSLA in the past 8 years I'm a shareholder, that I should always expect TSLA to do the unexpected...
So in the spirit of AJ's 10-500 price target from back in the days, my prediction: it may go up, may go down or could just move sideways.

When I got my wife’s grandkids shares of Tesla, I tried for the certificate, but just ended up with an official looking template on the internet and added their names using photoshop.
I wonder how many times the shares will split in 15 years for them.
Very interested in these discussions, but fear they are taking us off topic...Please discuss this in the thread I just created...

They're acknowledging reality that's in everyone's faces, and it adds to credibility when they post more FUD.

It's truer now than ever. It's progressed to the point that I'm actually quite disappointed when I don't see any stories that are obvious FUD. The subtle and often unintentional anti-Tesla bias will continue, but I'm afraid the heyday of FUD that is so obvious and loud that it drives the share price higher (sometimes after a short negative reaction) is mostly a thing of the past.

Even more disappointing, we will need to source our entertainment elsewhere. :(

Last edited:
Stairway to Heaven

View attachment 789484
Note: Blue are actual results and Red are forecasts.

There was a time when we waited and waited and waited for GAAP profits just to be eligible for S&P500 inclusion.
Look at this graph!!
Tesla hit $1b for the first time in Q2 2021
Just 2 Qtrs later in Q4 2021 they reached the $2b threshold
One Qtr thereafter (this Qtr) they may actually reach $3b
Then $4b in Q3 2022?
And maybe $5b in Q4 2022?

D

"And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter"

Led Zeppelin
I miss the catalyst effect of two brand new factories going online today plus the extension of Shanghai that should be visible at least in Q3 2022 with a huge step to destroy your expected linear growth.
Why so conservative? I would suggest an exponentiell curve for the future 😁

Forget Heaven, TSLA is on a

Highway to Hell
"
No stop signs, speed limit, nobodys gonna slow me down"
AC/DC

Last edited:
If Elon wanted to make a statement, it would be a Texas flag. Will be interesting to see where he lands.
I was wondering what's this from Jeff Roberts' daily video of yesterday:
1649014530723.png

Are they actually doing it for the Giga Cyber Rodeo?

I hope the general masses is smart enough now to see thru the FUD. Missed estimates, ikr, in a context of +68% deliveries QoQ while everyone else is minus 20% across the board. Right who are they kidding?
I've seen this exact same thing when I started investing in AAPL as there are many parallels. I can tell you that the masses are NOT smart enough ... but most on this board are ... this is why my portfolio is 8 figures .... and growing.

Stay long and don't let the noise of WS and it's many "experts" tell you why Tesla is not worth investing in.

I was wondering what's this from Jeff Roberts' daily video of yesterday:
View attachment 789621

Are they actually doing it for the Giga Cyber Rodeo?
Is it me or are those black model Y's parked so close together that you couldn't get out of one? In other words, were they placed with summon?
Could be the distance or viewing angle.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
OT (Not sure if Macro related discussion would be allowed here by Mods)

Thought it's good to listen to the point of view of the folks on other side of the macro.
Sharing this here to learn from you all, what your view on these points is.

I understand markets are forward looking. Do you think this is all priced in in the market?
The vast amount of money injected into the system, the changes to consumer spending (including housing) due to this, the inflation exacerbated due to the horrible invasion of Ukraine?

Link to the Tweet thread
=================================================================
Over the past two years, the Federal Reserve, the European Central Bank, the Bank of Japan and the Bank of England collectively printed over US$11 trillion (about 26% of their GDP), more than double the amount which was printed after the GFC in half of the time.
These four central banks cut rates to (or below) zero. Money became literally free and enormous quantities of it were (and still are) floating around. Governments availed themselves of this free money and spent more in 2020-21 than at any time since World War II.

The combination has been explosive for economies and markets, particularly because the Fed can print money, but cannot control where it goes. All this is now reversing. Most central banks are already tapering their bond purchases or are about to.
A few have started raising rates – most recently the Bank of England. For its part, the Fed has started tapering quantitative easing (QE) purchases, expects to raise rates three times in 2022, and is even starting to discuss QT (quantitative tightening
, i.e. shrinking its enormous nearly $9 trillion balance sheet). Free money has been an elixir for markets. What happens when money is no longer free?
In the ten years before COVID-19 hit, U.S. and global stocks rose in one of the biggest and longest bull markets of the past century. But interestingly stocks did not show signs of generalized frothiness usually associated with long bull markets.
Then in the eighteen months following the COVID-19 low in March 2020, from a near standstill, most market participants caught the bid and pushed almost every measure of speculative enthusiasm to record levels: IPO funds raised went
from $32 billion annually from 2009 to 2019 to a record $262 billion in 2021 (nearly four times the 2000 record of $65bn).8 M&A activity went from $1.25 trillion annually in the last decade to $2.75 trillion in 2021. Inflows into equity mutual funds and ETFs
reached $1 trillion in 2021, more than the past twenty years combined and significantly exceeding 2000’s $312 billion. Margin debt has doubled from the average of the past five years to reach more than 2% of GDP, much higher than the 2000’s when it was 1.4% of GDP.

The meme stock craze of early 2020 has ebbed with many stocks down -50% from their peaks, but their market caps are still 10 to 20 times higher than pre-COVID-19 levels in 2019 despite revenues down 20 to 50% and no profits.
History shows that these speculative manias tend not to last much more than eighteen months, and are followed by market corrections greater than -40%, unwinding almost all of the bubble’s gains.
Highly speculative and expensive assets are most at risk: the crypto ecosystem, retail/ meme stocks, no-profits stocks, hypergrowth high-multiple stocks and probably growth stocks in general.
There are already indications that some of the bubbliest areas in the market have burst, though the overall market continues near all time highs, powered by an increasingly small number of mega-cap stocks. Possible catalysts for a more generalized market correction include
The End of Free Money, the fiscal cliff and Stagflation. Or it may just be that stock market optimism and expectations are so high that they are very unlikely to ever be met. (MS)
=================================================================

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies.
I am more interested in the cash levels during dot-com bubble. The kind of money that was pumped into the system the last two years, in fact even prior to that (QE post GFC), both Monetary, and Fiscal, seems unprecedented. Was there even nearly as much cash injection into the system, positive wealth effect, retail trading activity, going into dot-com bubble? Of course, I understand that inflation wasn't as high as it is now.
I
Thanks for your replies.
I am more interested in the cash levels during dot-com bubble. The kind of money that was pumped into the system the last two years, in fact even prior to that (QE post GFC), both Monetary, and Fiscal, seems unprecedented. Was there even nearly as much cash injection into the system, positive wealth effect, retail trading activity, going into dot-com bubble? Of course, I understand that inflation wasn't as high as it is now.
Pezpunk, StealthP3D and TheTalkingMule
I was wondering what you thoughts were, what you were conveying by 👎to my post. Mind elaborating a bit? Thanks for the feedback.