Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, I don't think so. :p

They'll want to ride the Lower-BB down as long as Elon's selling lasts. They're still hoping to 'close-the-gap' to Oct 22nd: (that'd be $910.00)

View attachment 743797

Don't worry, it'll be fine. If you got spare cash, that's a nice entry point. Otherwise, Austin, Berlin, and Q4 numbers are coming.

TSLA investors will be fine; TSLA speculators may be bruised. ;)

Cheers!
Lol that's pretty much exactly what I was saying. The lower BB is going to start dropping now, they're going to ride it downwards until they get to test the 100-day moving average. They'll likely do a bear raid to drop it intraday below 900/share.

And that amazingly lines up exactly with Q4 numbers on Jan 3rd which will mark the bottom of the selloff and what I would assume, would be a sharp rally higher.

Just to note - I do my analysis or assumptions to try and time a good point for swapping stock for far out LEAPS. Anyone looking to buy in to the stock is getting a good deal today even if the stock does drop to 900 in a couple weeks. Obviously I'm willing to buy LEAPS because I think the stock will be much higher over the course of the next 12 months.

Last edited:
Picked up another 25 @ $975 and 18 @ $970 ....

that's it i am done accumulating TSLA .. finally hit my share goal which i started from 2017 my DCA average price over 4 + years is... wait for it ...

DCA $141/share
lowest price per share $36 in 6/2019
highest price per share $985 in 11/2021

I want the thank my TMC virtual investing group for providing me with the required conviction in the face of extreme FUD over the years ... i think i might have finally snagged some Elon shares today :D
i started my journey not looking for TSLA , it found me , my concern was around climate change and i spent 3 years starting in 2014 reading about climate change and the crimes by big auto and big oil perpetrated on our environment...

this lead me to purchasing my Model S in 2017 as i concluded that i must be a leader if i want others to change behavior ... i would never have purchased a $75000 car in the past ... i run my vehicles into the ground , I am not a car person ... I am a technology person .. but Tesla had the only compelling electric vehicle in 2016 when i started my search...

once i had the Model S i knew it was time to invest in the the company stock TSLA ... i am now in a financial position I could have only dreamed of .. and is was not due to greed ...it was based on doing the right thing for my children and the planet at large ...you can do the right thing and profit from it ....

all my future investments will start this way ... research a global problem , understand it deeply, find a company solving the problem , then invest

Last edited:
In the interest of letting others learn from my mistakes, rather than just crowing about successes. Purchased some shares at $1000.

This was based on the questions asked and answered on this forum.

Have no idea how it will turn out. Just a marker.
why would you consider this a mistake ?

it will turn out very well over the long term IMHO

just wanted to add i started my journey not looking for TSLA , it found me , my concern was around climate change and i spent 3 years starting in 2014 reading about climate change and the crimes by big auto and big oil perpetrated on our environment...

this lead me to purchasing my Model S in 2017 as i concluded that i must be a leader if i want others to change behavior ... i would never have purchased a $75000 car in the past ... i run my vehicles into the ground , I am not a car person ... I am a technology person .. but Tesla had the only compelling electric vehicle in 2016 when i started my searh...

once i had the Model S i knew it was time to invest in the the company stock TSLA ... i am now in a financial position I could have only dreamed of .. and is was not due to greed ...it was based on doing the right thing for my children and the planet at large ...you can do the right thing and profit from it ....

all my future investments will start this way ... research a global problem , understand it deeply, find a company solving the problem , then invest

Nominated for "Moderators' Choice: Posts of Particular Merit". Thank-you.

Lol that's pretty much exactly what I was saying. The lower BB is going to start dropping now, they're going to ride it downwards until they get to test the 100-day moving average. They'll likely do a bear raid to drop it intraday below 900/share.

And that amazingly lines up exactly with Q4 numbers on Jan 3rd which will mark the bottom of the selloff and what I would assume, would be a sharp rally higher.

Just to note - I do my analysis or assumptions to try and time a good point for swapping stock for far out LEAPS. Anyone looking to buy in to the stock is getting a good deal today even if the stock does drop to 900 in a couple weeks. Obviously I'm willing to buy LEAPS because I think the stock will be much higher over the course of the next 12 months.
GM, F and BTC all down around the same amount as well - 4%+.

I think I picked a really bad time to post my FSD insights. Sheesh! Someone didn't waste time driving this down. Agree, it's tied to the technicals. But still, there's always been a lower line to cross, why now? Just because Elon is selling or something else?

I'm hopeful it's a temporary setup for a bear trap and part of the plan. Hope is good and strong here.

Btw, I absolutely hate agreeing with Gary Black, but that this point I do think Elon should just cancel the scheduled selling (and say that he is) and proceed to do the remainder of his selling at another time. He has until August of next year.

If we know that when Elon stops selling people will start buying then we can predict that TSLA will go up. That would make it a good time to buy now :)

I have mentioned before on here that I sold 10% of my TSLA holdings at an average of $1,150. I have bought about half back under $1,000 and diversified the rest in Google/Microsoft (Thats a Chamath tip from a few weeks ago...). Not much of a win I know but it seems like an easy one. We know Q4 earnings will be record, and we know production will be up 50% next year so even with poor macros, TSLA should lead the pack either in gains, or in losing less than other stocks if we see a big crash.

If we keep going down, I will keep buying back up to the number of TSLA shares I had previously. Fill yer boots!

Nominated for "Moderators' Choice: Posts of Particular Merit". Thank-you.
i have:D to spell check this post now.. i consider this very bullish .. getting a thumbs up from Artful Dodger .. you have specifically helped me attain good entry points... moving averages and bollinger bands ... i have learned a great deal about TA on this forum

Here's a good chuckle. I have never seen this as the reason for "trading lower." It's always contained some BS FUD.
Honesty, cluelessness, slept in, or ignoring?

1639411836481.png

Btw, I absolutely hate agreeing with Gary Black, but that this point I do think Elon should just cancel the scheduled selling (and say that he is) and proceed to do the remainder of his selling at another time. He has until August of next year.

It's just open season on the stock now and he's enriching the very hedge funds his hates. His scheduled sells seem to have random intent to prevent hedgies knowing when he's going to sell, but it hasn't mattered. Hedge funds are just front running every week with massive shorting. I don't really put any blame on Elon because after all, the macro environment has changed but at a certain point you gotta stop hurting your own stock/investors.
Maybe wishful thinking, but I know folks here and elsewhere found it a bit odd for Tesla to be meeting with buy side investors at the Deutsche Bank auto conference. Some even speculated it indicated a secondary down the line. That seems unnecessary, and given it's so close to earnings it does beg the question why. Maybe contemplating finding some buyers for those remaining shares Elon has.

Reactions: StealthP3D
Maybe wishful thinking, but I know folks here and elsewhere found it a bit odd for Tesla to be meeting with buy side investors at the Deutsche Bank auto conference. Some even speculated it indicated a secondary down the line. That seems unnecessary, and given it's so close to earnings it does beg the question why. Maybe contemplating finding some buyers for those remaining shares Elon has.
Just to note, Tesla has done investor meetings with buy side investors before. They did one earlier this year. It's not uncommon and it definitely does not indicate a offering is coming down the line.

There's really no reason to mention F, GM, BTC, or any other comparison. Just look at the one month chart between TSLA and F/GM. There's no correlation. They just happened to be down around the same amount today.
This morning Lucid : +9.5% no a little green not long to go red
I think it's the new from UK omicron cause hospitalisation and...first death

OT, I finally figured out his "Sine qua non non" meme showing the fallen Yield sign. First part is "Without (something), (something else) won't be possible." Add in the "non" could mean he will not yield while he does what's needed... for something essential. Maybe this was obvious. Anyway, he's taking off his gloves basically (duh, war paint and all). Was today's drop a preemptive strike? Who knows! HODL.

• Helpful
Reactions: Paracelsus