Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
might be stepping on toes with that name “zero”

Sorry guys but everyone one is wrong on the model name and I could not hold back any more. I mean, it is pretty obvious that Tesla makes

S3XY CARS

Cybertruck, Roadster and Semi are missing A friend.

Yeah, bubble-popping was a big theme in the financial media in 1995, 1996 and 1997 too. It actually started back around 1992 if I recall. Apparently, MSFT and a bunch of other tech stocks were over-valued. The people who sold out in 1995 and 1996 had to endure watching the media talk about bubble popping in 1997 as their former tech stocks continued to soar. They also had to watch all through 1998 as tech stocks doubled, quadrupled and more.. Other people were becoming multi-millionaires as their own accounts sat in cash waiting for the bubble to pop. Then they had to watch through 1999 which was even worse (better) than 1998. Finally, in 2000, many years after the media warned, the tech bubble finally popped.

These things can take a long time to play out, much longer than one can imagine. You can watch too many of your best investing years passing you buy waiting for the bubble to pop like the media predicted. By the time it finally "pops" the deflated price might be higher than the price you sold at. It almost certainly will be if you sold a fast-growing company with growing profits. That's the fallacy of trying to call the top of the market.
And when the bubble finally did pop, it was primarily junk companies which were start ups that blew up. Microsoft and the other big companies which had been around took a hit too, but only reversing some small percentage of the previous 10 years gains.

If the “EV bubble” bursts, Rivian, Lucid will tank hard and Tesla might take a 30-40% bath and take a year or two to recover. Watched that happen with Apple several times.

I think SP is in line with max pain at 1060 but today's volume seems to focus on 1040.
I think it's a buy now, but "No more do, Yakimo."
(Not advice)

1639068773065.png

Reactions: UltradoomY
I think SP is in line with max pain at 1060 but today's volume seems to focus on 1040.
I think it's a buy now, but "No more do, Yakimo."
(Not advice)

View attachment 742352
Apparently there is some sort of Giga China announcement coming this afternoon….12/10 for China when means this afternoon/evening here.

No clue how big of an announcement or if it’ll move the stock

Sorry guys but everyone one is wrong on the model name and I could not hold back any more. I mean, it is pretty obvious that Tesla makes

S3XY CARS

Pretty sure this has played out.

I’ve been wondering if Tesla’s next generation vehicles are going to be based more on first principals design akin to the Cybertruck. Not necessarily folded stainless, but something built from the ground up to be manufactured rather than something designed to blend with old world cars.

Cybertruck was a clean break from that, so perhaps it will be named similarly.

Reactions: UltradoomY

S3XY CARS

That's not the least clever post to have graced this thread. However, given FoMoCo's response to Tesla's attempt to name the "Model 3" the "Model E", what do you think would happen with "Model A"?

Barron's- 11:38 EST: Tesla Stock Is Dropping Because 12/9 Is Much Ado About Nothing

Excerpts:

Sometimes the stock market is odd. It looks like one of those odd days for Tesla investors. The company managed to disappoint bulls by not doing something it never said it would do...

...No news is a disappointment because Dec. 9, 2021, according to social media, was supposed to be a big day for Tesla stock. The reason? Just because. The 12/9 date gained momentum in meme-like fashion with Tesla bulls wondering if there could be a product announcement or a stock split...

Barron's- 11:38 EST: Tesla Stock Is Dropping Because 12/9 Is Much Ado About Nothing

Excerpts:

Sometimes the stock market is odd. It looks like one of those odd days for Tesla investors. The company managed to disappoint bulls by not doing something it never said it would do...

...No news is a disappointment because Dec. 9, 2021, according to social media, was supposed to be a big day for Tesla stock. The reason? Just because. The 12/9 date gained momentum in meme-like fashion with Tesla bulls wondering if there could be a product announcement or a stock split...
I love how these people report this as if they know why a stock moves a certain way on a given day...

If you read the whole thread, even if options are sold with no appreciation, Tesla employees do at least 13% better. Comparative references to accommodate for geography are: MI==NV and TN==TX.

Andrew Jebasingh (@ajebasingh) Tweeted:
I decided to compare what factory workers make with GM+UAW, vs. Tesla. The results were shocking.

I looked at three comparable roles across both companies, and tried to keep cost of living out by selecting similar locations.

tldr: Tesla factory workers make 24% to 47% more. https://t.co/3jrxQD3sQG

If this holds up, it would be worth formalizing and finding a way to make it public. I suppose however in regard to the subsidy a concern may be that Tesla is not the only non-union shop. Hmmm...

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: UncaNed and wipster
That's not the least clever post to have graced this thread. However, given FoMoCo's response to Tesla's attempt to name the "Model 3" the "Model E", what do you think would happen with "Model A"?
Going with a pirate theme, "Model AR" is available on a basic TESS search...
CARS
(What Roadster?)

Attachments

• 1639070333768.png
    1639070333768.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 47
And when the bubble finally did pop, it was primarily junk companies which were start ups that blew up. Microsoft and the other big companies which had been around took a hit too, but only reversing some small percentage of the previous 10 years gains.

If the “EV bubble” bursts, Rivian, Lucid will tank hard and Tesla might take a 30-40% bath and take a year or two to recover. Watched that happen with Apple several times.
In the 90's I invested in companies that made real quality products like IBM and Adaptec. I wasn't going to invest in companies that I couldn't understand how they could or would ever make any revenue let alone profit. But when the bubble finally burst, turns out IBM and Adaptec had sold lots of product to the sham companies and they tanked hard as well. So the ride down on the Dot-Com bubble was pretty scary especially since I saw it coming and never thought it would affect me. But I eventually sold once it started to come back and invested elsewhere for reasons unrelated to that cliff jump. Once panic sets in you either hold for the wild ride or get out. I'm now heavily invested in tulip bulbs. It's the next big thing.

Or just come out first with the models C, R (Roadster?), and S and wait for A after F goes bankwupt.

Doubtful. The current price is right in line with QQQ, AMD, other NASDAQ players. In the past when Elon sold, you could pretty readily pick it out of the chart as a substantial deviation.
Well, technically TSLA is underperforming the market pretty significantly in the past week..compared to any market, or nearly any medium to high valuation Nasdaq stocks. I will say, both markets and individual stocks in them like AAPL, MSFT, NVDA, ADBE and the list goes on are IMHO OVER performing for this period, but TSLA is not playing along. Still keeping powder dry.

Reactions: FireMedic