Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Red Monday, wow.
Probably the German report of a likely 6-months delay at Berlin Gigafactory

“The start of series production in Tesla’s new Gigafactory in Grünheide near Berlin has been delayed by six months until the end of January 2022. Tesla boss Elon Musk officially gave the team half a year more, reports the Automobilwoche, citing company circles.”

• Informative
Reactions: capster
Another Lora Kolodny article with no substance but dripping with inexplicable hate for Elon Musk:

I see the synergy between the expertise and capabilities at SpaceX, The Boring Company and Tesla as a huge strategic advantage but this article subtly implies there is something nefarious going on that we don't know about.

I don't think its that, most of the market looks down today. Macro dive or something.

The macros look green to me:
1620049971040.png

Every single person I've interacted with in the last two weeks where Tesla pops up has mentioned cars crashing themselves. Like 6 unrelated people. Lol! Certainly seems we're entering a new phase of FUD & resistance to inevitable change. Things are getting serious now.

I'd like to reiterate my feeling we're gonna see peak FUD once FSD is released, rather than instantaneous SP boost as the public finally rejoices in unison at the technological wonders achieved. Maybe not, but that's my gut feeling. We're in an 18 month existential window for a LOT of the old fossil world, they won't go quietly.

My plan is to continue levering up slightly and just semi-HODLing. I'm selling handfuls of shares to periodically buy bull spread calls as far out as possible. June 2023 $1000/$1300 for now, will revisit in a month or so if we're still here. God willing my May/June calls will still yield fruit and that will fund a few additional LEAP spreads. Selling shares is uncomfortable.

Isnt this also a reflection of how many existing orders. It seems people think this means production has been pushed off. Cant it also mean that the orders have been strong?

I think until Tesla starts actually delivering S/X somewhere it's hard to conclude if this is a "demand is super high" thing or a "car still has issues delaying deliveries entirely" thing.

Once deliveries DO start. some measure of production/delivery rate would then help narrow down if it was say a problem with a supplier that's now delivering (but could still constrained for a while)- or as another user speculated a software problem with say ditching the stalks (which presumably would be entirely fixed before first delivery)

I'd like to reiterate my feeling we're gonna see peak FUD once FSD is released, rather than instantaneous SP boost as the public finally rejoices in unison at the technological wonders achieved. Maybe not, but that's my gut feeling. We're in an 18 month existential window for a LOT of the old fossil world, they won't go quietly.
In that vein I recommend all to reread this from Jack Rickard

Isnt this also a reflection of how many existing orders. It seems people think this means production has been pushed off. Cant it also mean that the orders have been strong?

I would expect that demand for S&X doesn't freeze in it's tracks simply because you can't buy them now. Demand will build up, probably at a rate around 75%-85% of normal steady-state demand per month because there is nothing else on the market quite like the S&X. On top of that we can add all the new demand due to the refresh. People love buying the latest technology. When production has caught up with demand, the new steady state demand will probably be higher than the old by at least 20%. Around that time, Tesla will shave some $$ off the new, higher price and profits will still be surprisingly enviable, even if a small portion of total profit.