Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He didn't say that...

I'm not sure how else you can interpret that exchange. The question was:

"Is there any updated timeline on Tesla insurance coming to Florida?"

And the answer was:

"Hopefully, later this year for several more states. Insurance is different for almost every state in America & regulatory approvals take time."

I'm not sure how else you can interpret that exchange. The question was:

"Is there any updated timeline on Tesla insurance coming to Florida?"

And the answer was:

"Hopefully, later this year for several more states. Insurance is different for almost every state in America & regulatory approvals take time."
He didn't answer the actual question. He just said "several more states" he didn't say which any of those would be.

In fact he didn't even say that Tesla insurance would be in any additional states this year. Only that he was "hopeful" that they would be able to.

Last edited:
ARKK topped up on a couple (49,755) shares today
arkk.JPG

In fact he didn't even say that Tesla insurance would be in any additional states this year. Only that he was "hopeful" that they would be able to.

I think it's fair to assume most timelines Elon gives on Twitter are aspirational.

I interpreted his Tweet as responding in the affirmative to the question about Florida. I would find it a bit odd that Elon would chose to respond to a question about Florida insurance in particular if that's not what he meant, but stranger things have happened.

And just to add a bit of information to this post instead of just semantics, we do know that several of the states they're actively working on are Illinois, Texas, and Washington: Tesla Insurance Plans Surge Into Three New States

President Biden's talk tonight:

.. after some lame talk about more jobs and money to modernize the power infrastructure (build more high voltage power lines, duh can't they think better, they could just ask/ commission Tesla folks since the US government has probably lost most of its own thinkers at DOE, who have either quit or been fired by coal friendly political appointees .. hopefully since he's delegated that job to VP Harris, she may be less sclerotic about it.

" .. So folks, there is no reason why Americans — American workers can't lead the world in the production of electric vehicles and batteries. There is no reason. The American Jobs Plan is going to create billions of good paying jobs, jobs Americans can raise a family on. As my dad would say, — all the investments in the American Jobs Plan will be guided by one principle. Buy American. " .. Elon would say Buy INTELLIGENTLY American - I feel silly having to add this, but this is the non alternative reality we find ourselves in today

Good so far - let's see how it translates into actions and hopefully SEC reform, then SP traction

More: " ..In my discussions with President Xi Jinping, I told them we welcome the competition, we are not looking for conflict, but I made absolutely clear that we will defend America's interests across the board. " Yeah - so how about defending American companies leading the world in tech advances in manufacturing and conversion to renewable energy, you know, like Tesla, against enemies foreign and especially domestic ? Somebody please wake them up

FYI - Live transcript highlights available there

Last edited:
Attention all Shoppers: Q2 Is Sold Out

Elon's opening comment on the Earnings Call, "our demand is the best we've ever seen. So this is -- if you talk about we're used to seeing a reduction in demand in the first quarter and we saw an increase in demand that exceeded the normal seasonal reduction in demand in in Q1"

In New York / Connecticut delivery dates for new orders are:
Model S - August - September
Model X - October - November
Model 3 - 6 to 9 weeks
Model Y - 6 to 9 weeks

- The 6 to 9 weeks delivery timeline for Models 3 & Y is not likely; ordering now in the US will likley get delivered in Q3. On the Model 3 & Y threads, there are buyers who have ordered 2 weeks ago and have late June delivery dates.
- In the US, inventory is sparse: only 3 Model 3s in inventory and 1 Model Y (of course no Model S or X)
- In Fremont, only 6 of the scheduled 10 ships going to Europe and Asia have been loaded. Loading the remaining 4 ships will take a few more weeks
- In Shanghai, 2 ships have been loaded for Europe with one remaining ship scheduled for this week.

The order backlog is above the production rate. As we have seen in prior quarters, Q2 is all about Production and Logistics.
With Model S deliveries beginning shortly and the higher production rate of Model Y in Shanghai, we will see record breaking results again.

" .. So folks, there is no reason why Americans — American workers can't lead the world in the production of electric vehicles and batteries. There is no reason. The American Jobs Plan is going to create billions of good paying jobs, jobs Americans can raise a family on. As my dad would say, — all the investments in the American Jobs Plan will be guided by one principle. Buy American. " .. Elon would say Buy INTELLIGENTLY American - I feel silly having to add this, but this is the non alternative reality we find ourselves in today

"...billions of good paying jobs..." Cool! o_O

Yeah, I think what will happen is that in about another 1-2 yrs, all of of Elon's tranches will vest and he'll transition back into the role he loves, Chief Product Architect and Chairman of the Board. This'll let him spend his time productively on the big, multi-year kind of projects that will move Tesla forward, while satisfying the requirement for him to remain in that role for 5 yrs after the certification of his final tranche. Just in time for a Mars mission. ;)

As I've written here before Zach is a natural fit for the CEO role, and I think its his if he wants it: a natural communicator, a talented financial engineer, he'll be a formidable force for Tesla going forward.

Cheers!
Ridiculous. Zach cannot ever be Tesla CEO as he's not an engineer. He'll be a fine CEO of some other company someday. But not Tesla.

Attention all Shoppers: Q2 Is Sold Out

Elon's opening comment on the Earnings Call, "our demand is the best we've ever seen. So this is -- if you talk about we're used to seeing a reduction in demand in the first quarter and we saw an increase in demand that exceeded the normal seasonal reduction in demand in in Q1"

In New York / Connecticut delivery dates for new orders are:
Model S - August - September
Model X - October - November
Model 3 - 6 to 9 weeks
Model Y - 6 to 9 weeks

- The 6 to 9 weeks delivery timeline for Models 3 & Y is not likely; ordering now in the US will likley get delivered in Q3. On the Model 3 & Y threads, there are buyers who have ordered 2 weeks ago and have late June delivery dates.
- In the US, inventory is sparse: only 3 Model 3s in inventory and 1 Model Y (of course no Model S or X)
- In Fremont, only 6 of the scheduled 10 ships going to Europe and Asia have been loaded. Loading the remaining 4 ships will take a few more weeks
- In Shanghai, 2 ships have been loaded for Europe with one remaining ship scheduled for this week.

The order backlog is above the production rate. As we have seen in prior quarters, Q2 is all about Production and Logistics.
With Model S deliveries beginning shortly and the higher production rate of Model Y in Shanghai, we will see record breaking results again.
Based on ship load, are we on par or exceeding other quarters so far? You don't see any production issues right?

very visually intense SpaceX Starlink landing video looking down at drone ship last few seconds
edit
so, before May 8th SNL
1) another Starlink launch wednesday today
2) SN15 in 2 days
3) dragon splashdown returning astronauts in 3 days
and
4) 4 more Starlink launches scheduled for May, so at least 1 maybe before the 8th

Last edited: