Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes! I sometimes do a quick check of my shortlist of stocks that I have programmed in the stock app on my iPhone, and see the headlines the app point me to. Almost never click on them, but just reading them tells me how our system always somehow feeds us bogus FUD when the stock price is down, and sometimes a bit of the opposite (not as much though) when we are in bull mode. Things that come to mind that I've seen in the last few days are things like: "Ford Mach-E eat in to Tesla's EV market share", lots of instances of TSLA being clumped together with either low-end chinese EV makers and/or companies that have yet to deliver a single car to a customer, Tesla's future presented as now being married to whatever BTC does. etc. etc.
So buy another round of shares today too!? :p

Elon's not going anywhere soon (maybe *consolidating* in Texas). His CEO comp. plan calls for his to remain CEO and either Chairman of the Board or Chief Product Architect throughout the 5-year redemption minimum for shares earned in each of 12 tranches.
Cheers!
Not quite, Proxy Statement
There is a 5 year hold period post exercise and a ceo or (Chairman + chief architect) clause for vesting, but he does not need to stay at Tesla post exercise.
Vesting eligibility contingent upon being:
1.  Chief Executive Officer; or
2.  Executive Chairman and Chief Product Officer.

Extended exercise period: If Mr. Musk is still employed at Tesla in a role other than the specified roles above, he will no longer be able to vest under the CEO Performance Award but can continue to hold unexercised vested options for the full term of the CEO Performance Award.
If he leaves, he must exercise all vested awards within one year (and then hold for 5).
Term of CEO Performance Award / Post-Termination of Employment Exercise Period. The term of the CEO Performance Award is 10 years from the date of the grant, unless Mr. Musk’s employment with Tesla is terminated prior to such date. Accordingly, Mr. Musk has until January 20, 2028 to exercise any portion of the CEO Performance Award that has vested on or prior to such date, provided that he remains employed at Tesla. Additionally, Mr. Musk has up to one year following the termination of his employment with Tesla to exercise any portion of the CEO Performance Award that vested prior to such termination, subject to any earlier expiration of the CEO Performance Award on January 20, 2028. Further, the CEO Performance Award also may terminate earlier in connection with a change in control event of Tesla, as described further below.

Post-Exercise Holding Period. Mr. Musk must hold shares that he acquires upon exercise of the CEO Performance Award for five years post-exercise (except for shares used to pay exercise price and tax withholdings, or in certain other limited circumstances described further below).

Just to put things in perspective.
59B627B5-74A9-466D-9F4C-1710CA101268.jpeg

TL; DW on Ron Barron's Interview.

In 10 Years:
- Autonomous driving worth $40B a year in Rev ($500B - 1T) "that alone is worth the price of the stock in 10 years"
- Tesla (car sales) business $600B/Yr rev, $200B/Yr gross profit
- Battery business approximately equal to $600B rev/$200B gross
- Insurance, ride share, solar, also included for free
- Could exceed $2000 PT

Last edited:
Lol, no delay gittin' da nudes out on usetube, neither...

CNBC = DUDS. :p

I want everyone to notice how Ron Barron looks at and talks about 5-10 year periods when valuing TSLA and this was true when he built a huge position back in 2014 (much to the skepticism of CNBC folks) and it's true now when he talks about how painful it was to sell every share at a recent average price of $670 but that they had grown to too large of a percentage of the funds his clients hold and it was the only prudent thing he could do. He has to operate in a way his clients expect (ie. not being extremely overly concentrated in any one stock). Also note that he holds over 1 million shares in his personal accounts and he hasn't sold a single share.

There is a lot of noise out there and Ron Barron's timeless wisdom cuts through all of it. I wish CNBC people were even 1/4 as sensible as he. But there is a reason he is worth billions of dollars and they are lucky to be worth a million or two.

Tesla to become adviser on nickel project in bid to secure key metal.

"Tesla has agreed to buy nickel from a mine in New Caledonia in a move to secure its supply of the battery metal, which its chief executive Elon Musk has called the group’s “biggest concern.” The electric-car maker will become a technical adviser at the Goro mine on the Pacific island and also get long-term supplies of nickel from the project as part of an agreement with the New Caledonian government, according to a person directly familiar with the matter."

Because I want to buy more in the 600s ;)

OK, since I said that I bought 400 shares at various price points starting from 699 all the way down to 640 now.
But I am running kinda dry now, hard to find more cash, so it can really stop dropping now and had north.
TSLA you have my blessing to reverse course!

PS: Fine! bought the last 100 at 620, but now this is it, I'm out of dough :(

Last edited:
Historic Repo Market Insanity: 10Y Treasury Trades At -4% In Repo Ahead Of Monster Short Squeeze | ZeroHedge (Mar 3, 2021)

"What does that mean in English?

"Finally, what happens if we are right and Powell does assure the market that SLR will be extended? (see Ed. Note) Well, since all of the pent up uncertainty about whether or not bank balance sheets will be usable after March 31 will disappear, what will happen is a monster short squeeze as all those shorts that pushed the 10Y to -4% in repo panic and scramble to cover, sparking a massive surge higher in prices (and plunge in yields), and since there will be immediate follow through to stocks where concerns about rising yields just sent risk assets plunging, we expect a monster move higher in stocks tomorrow.
Ed. Note: Federal Reserve Temporarily Removes Treasuries and Reserves from Supplementary Leverage Ratio | Apr 1, 2020 (SLR temporary Covid relief measure announced last yr was set to expire Mar 31, 2021)

"In fact, judging by the freefall in futures, we wouldn't be surprise if the Fed announces that the SLR exemption will be granted at the usual pre-market time of 8:30am.

"In any case, stay tuned because there will be fireworks - most likely to the upside - but if for some reason Powell refuses to unclog the repo market, there will be blood"
Crikey! Who knew about these kinds of stuffs? :confused: Thanks @asburgers for the heads up.

This is why I just hodl.