Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the sake of discussion: How many more factories do you think Tesla will build?
Around 15 GFs ~2 million each should give us 30 million.
Approximated, some will be small, some will be huge!
Re. huge, in Austin there is probably room for 4-6 GFs depending on how much spodumene processing the also want co-located. Not sure space would be reserved for a big corp. headquarter. Elon likes people close to the factory floor.
Countries to watch: Vietnam, Poland, Mexico.
If they can really speed up manufacturing a lot, maybe only 10 locations are needed. It would save a lot of time spend politicking.
"The best factory is no factory"

FFS, you could have warned us it was a Russ "the clown" Mitchell piece. He's pure $TSLAQ, he donated to Aaron Greenspan's phoney charity.

He's the guy that was going around, back during C19 first wave, the hospitals in the Bay Area trying to prove that Tesla hadn't donated any ventilators...

He's an idiot of the highest order.

He deleted many of his Twitter posts as they were quite incriminating with regards to the saboteur trial that was ongoing https://twitter.com/russ1mitchell

When a hit piece actually lists "whompy wheels" as a safety concern, you know you are reading a hardcore Tesla-hater.

Here's what a Tesla hating LA Times hack writes about the next "Tesla Killer."

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1204478990649458689

I’m glad my 85 year old dad gets it. He asks lots of questions about TSLA and is really interested. “Just keep doing what you’re doing, son. You’ve made more in a few months than I have in a lifetime.” I love my dad.
Kudos!!
My Dad plays the lottery.
Still haven't told him I have already won one :)

Kind of knows about my TSLA investments, but without saying what actual numbers are it is kinda hard to comprehend :) Little worried that he would ask me to sell some.

I just got similar advice today from a family member telling me "Apple is making an electric car, you should sell all your TSLA stock, seriously"

I get the feeling that people like this believe we have put the same amount of thought into our Tesla investment as they have (an hour, tops?)

They have no idea how deep we’ve gone

But when are you cashing out?

My original plan was to sell on Oct 27, 2027.

However, based on what we now know about Tesla's product roadmap, I'll revise that:

NEVER.​

Lol, c.f. discussion above about borrowing against the value of your shares. When TSLA growth drops below 2.75% per year, then it's time to sell to pay off the loan (and NOT before!).

I reckon Tesla growth will still be above 25% through 2040, long into my retirement. By then it'll be SpaceX and asteroid mining (not just Starlink).

I'm riding this Elon train to the last stop (even if AI eats the visible Universe). :D

Cheers!

Last edited:
Why are you selling? Get a collateral loan on your stock. It is low interest and cost me (as an example) 2.65% and some are getting a better rate than that. Keep all your money in the stock. Good times and good luck!

Edit: Look up SBL lending (Securities Based Lending)

I might just do that later on. Right now I'm minimizing my debt while negotiating a mortgage.

Instead of selling stock, why not sell covered calls?

Just sayin'

I know. But not an option (sic) on the type of investment account I use. And it sounds too much like work. :p

These are a couple of good threads on the retirement issues:

How to best sell down when retired - and options are not possible

How much $ to retire and how to fund your lifestyle in retirement

Early retirement strategies

Lol, c.f. discussion above about borrowing against the value of your shares. When TSLA growth drops below 2.75% per year, then it's time to sell to pay off the loan (and NOT before!).

I've got to be honest, I don't know much about margin trading or options. For my entire life I've just bought shares in companies I was confident in (or VOO) and held long term. Now and then I'd sell some long term shares to move the money into other long term stocks.

My plan for next year was to "retire" and then just sell a few shares of TSLA from time to time to pay the bills and buy myself stuff. Maybe I need to learn about margins now that I have bucket loads of money in my accounts....

My original plan was to sell on Oct 27, 2027.

However, based on what we now know about Tesla's product roadmap, I'll revise that:

NEVER.​

I recon Tesla growth will be still above 25% through 2040, long into my retirement. By then it'll be SpaceX and asteroid mining (not just Starlink).

I'm riding this Elon train to the last stop... :D

Cheers!

Yah, what's happening here sorta reminds me of that classic quote of "our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

Like...adding up the TAM of Tesla's markets can literally get you to a GDP beyond the entire world. It's ridiculous, and there's a part of you that says "that sounds so silly." We had the Mega Bulls thread on TMC, and no one dreamed on the stock price being where it's actually at today. Even if/when Tesla inevitably fails to reach the max potential of some of its markets (i.e. insurance, solar), the scope of ambition and engineering prowess means there's always a fighting shot to make a meaningful dent.

Tesla's TAM is unlimited. Because de-carbonizing the world and autonomizing it is...re-forming the way we all live. I have no clue what the SP will be in 2030, but I have a great deal of confidence that its revenue and cashflow will be meaningfully higher than today by several orders of magnitude. And that makes Tesla safer than any Vanguard investment for me.

FFS, you could have warned us it was a Russ "the clown" Mitchell piece. He's pure $TSLAQ, he donated to Aaron Greenspan's phoney charity.

He's the guy that was going around, back during C19 first wave, the hospitals in the Bay Area trying to prove that Tesla hadn't donated any ventilators...

He's an idiot of the highest order.

He deleted many of his Twitter posts as they were quite incriminating with regards to the saboteur trial that was ongoing https://twitter.com/russ1mitchell
Guilty as charged. I should have included a warning. However, in my defense (as weak as it is) with that headline who else would the article be from? o_O

Wow, who knew? Per the TMC punishment guide my oversight equals 50 lashes or reading 5 Dana Hull articles. :eek: Bring on the cat-o-nine tails.

Last edited:
Again today a coworker come to me at and says “sell all your Tesla stock! Now! You’ll be kicking yourself when it goes to zero, Sophia.”

lol! Don’t they know by now I’ve solidified my confidence in my long term position with this company? (Now I do have plenty in my savings to cover more than I will ever need and two solid jobs).
But, I’m never going to sell. Not today, not tomorrow, not next year, not in 5 years. Period! I may not know everything but I do know this.
I’ve gotten this type of comment in the form of "If I were in your position, I’d sell... blah, blah..." (sometimes I add the "If I were in your position" part in my head).

Then I think but am courteous enough not to say: “... and that is why you are not in my position." ;)

I've got to be honest, I don't know much about margin trading or options. For my entire life I've just bought shares in companies I was confident in (or VOO) and held long term. Now and then I'd sell some long term shares to move the money into other long term stocks.

My plan for next year was to "retire" and then just sell a few shares of TSLA from time to time to pay the bills and buy myself stuff. Maybe I need to learn about margins now that I have bucket loads of money in my accounts....
In my reply, I didn't address margin loans. If you have a collateral loan on your standard stock account, (line of credit with great flexibility), you cannot trade margin on the stock in that account. You also cannot get a collateral loan on a IRA, Roth or HSA. But you may have access to "limited margin" that may provide some form of leveraged trading. So other than that, you would have to have a second or separate standard account to trade margin in if you collateralized the one.

Last edited: