Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I strongly believe $TSLA would go to 1050-1100 till earnings and stay rangebound but may not drop, or drop very little. I am thinking this is a relatively ok price and I am buying more. Here are my reasonings:

There are not many sellers and when everybody think it will drop, it does not.

A lot of positive news are coming out as well as newer investors have discovered tesla.

Then the upcoming stimulus for the robinhood mafia.

So, is anybody else buying at these prices?

Bought 100 more shares Tuesday pre-market @ $724. Thought it was expensive just 3 days ago, but now wish I bought more.

Hello All,

Haven't chimed in for a bit. Recent times have been absolutely crazy both positive and negatives. Set your stops don't be too greedy. I am holding 98% of my TSLA because I still believe in the mission. Your money should go to work for good causes (so long as you don't need it for immediate things). With that said, we need to also think what's justifying this run.

- Some of it is Shorts
- Some of it is S&P Upward buying pressure
- Catching up of the market realizing Tesla is more than the cars
- Full Self Driving Beta's really looking good
- Factory building
- Really executing in the harshest global economic environment we've seen in recent history
- overall + press
- Product launches (Y SRP and third row)
- government environment that acknowledges science again

What's not realized and where I see the upside
- TESLA ENERGY (this is the BIGGEST thing)
- Future Products coming to fruition
- FSD actually working 100% this year
- More cars being delivered and more earnings in general

So you're setting your stop/loss on 2% of your shares?

• Helpful
Reactions: ABCTG
That is a hardcore group of shareholders. Wow!

F46C180F-3B6F-4FFC-9771-3B57C53C2460.jpeg

I shaved off a bit of my TSLA this morning. Moving from 60% of my portfolio to 55% and sold a couple July $1200 covered calls. Not any less bullish but I'm not far from pulling the retirement trigger and 50% is my goal to begin retirement with.
Congrats on the retirement!

So, my plan for the YEAR was to sell enough TSLA to pad the emergency cash fund and to take care of some expected expenses, while keeping the portfolio value above a nice round number. In other words, when there was some headroom in the portfolio value, I'd watch for opportune times to sell. Again, plan was to accomplish that by the end of this YEAR.

I just finished. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D

In pure HODL mode for the rest of the year.

View attachment 625626
If they didn't want us tough, they shouldn't have put us through so much the last 5+years.

Sold a covered call 12/28 @ $900 with greater than 50% conviction it would slide to Jan 2022 expiration worthless. 9 trading days in.....it's hanging by a thread. Lol!

This company is taking over the world, and the world will be much better off for it! Even when I lose, I win. :)

Congrats on the retirement!

So, my plan for the YEAR was to sell enough TSLA to pad the emergency cash fund and to take care of some expected expenses, while keeping the portfolio value above a nice round number. In other words, when there was some headroom in the portfolio value, I'd watch for opportune times to sell. Again, plan was to accomplish that by the end of this YEAR.

I just finished. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D

In pure HODL mode for the rest of the year.

I hear you...just flew past my pie in the sky hopeful goal for account gains for 2021. IT IS JANUARY 8TH.

View attachment 625626

IMO no other stock/group generates this much retail interest and preaches HODL mentality. I was talking about to my boss the other day he mentioned how at their business school the story of Elon Musk is dissected and researched(like his master plans).

In the future years there will be research articles talking about the impact of the retail investor on the TSLA stock price. Weak hands continue to get shaken out but the hardcore investors are happy to ride the volatility train. And now the market makers suddenly have to play by the rules because the big boys are watching.

I’m a mess mentally. Gotta stop looking at the portfolio and just look at TSLA chart. My Financials right now are absolutely life altering. I’m between a model s and a home, need the stock price to be about 1400. These are rookie numbers for some here I’m sure but that’s ok

come on baby!!! Hopefully Gordo makes an announcement we need a spike

A plea....

To analysts, if you are going to show me facts and figures why you believe the stock it "too high" please stop valuing TSLA just as a car company.

Break out all the different components, energy, solar, AI, superchargers, auto driving, Elon... etc. etc. etc. and then do your numbers.

So please, I'm so so tired of "TSLA is too high because compare TSLA to Toyota!"

It is like saying lets compare Apple to Dell because they are both just computer companies.

I don't mind reading things that give the bear case, but please just make a valid rational case so at least I can give it consideration.

"TSLA stonk bad because look at GM" is meaningless at this point.