Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume I'm not the only one who sees these kinds of comments and whose mind tries to figure out what sort of combination of portfolio size and income size the person has.

It's about 3 months for me this morning. I should be more amazed by that than I am but Tesla has spoiled me.

Also, I had to share this. :D:p
Papa Musk is taking us to Mars. : wallstreetbets (reddit.com)

Honestly, my first thought was ‘he makes $11.175 a month?!

Second thought was $22.35 x the number of chairs in my portfolio...crap, can’t do that in my head. Why the hell can’t it be a nice round number like $20?

shorts are either closing positions or not opening new ones because they anticipate another split.
Thoughts?
A 'split' per-se does not affect any legitimate short positions; it's just an accounting adjustment.

A 'share-dividend' (which is what Tesla announced in Aug 2020) is another matter altogether: it forces MMs and large Hedge Funds to cover their naked short positions (which are supposed to be closed within 2 day, but some bad actors have developed ways to extend naked short holdings indefinitely by skirting SEC reporting rules).

TL;dr I think Tesla likely monitors the accumulated naked short position, and does a 2:1 share dividend if warranted by the sum effect of the short position on the TSLA mkt cap.

Cheers!

Last edited:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/01/06/waymo-tesla-self-driving/
Waymo will no longer say ‘self-driving’ in apparent shade to Tesla
-WaPo

“Unfortunately, we see that some automakers use the term ‘self-driving’ in an inaccurate way, giving consumers and the general public a false impression of the capabilities of driver assist (not fully autonomous) technology,” the company wrote.

I understand Waymo has also sent a 'cease and desist' letter to General Electric asking them to stop calling their ranges "self-cleaning". After extensive testing they have determined that manual cleaning may still be required under specific circumstances and consumers have been given a false and misleading impression.

But Waymo didn't stop there. Another flurry of letters were sent to Apple, Samsung, Huawei, Oppo and Xiaomi asking them to stop using the misleading term "selfie" because it implies the phone can take the photo without user intervention. o_O

Been using an old iPhone5 since my Pixel died(again). Sitting on the beach like a true TSLA investor last week of December trying to manage Fidelity orders on a tiny screen and I get an unexpected sell confirmation. A $450 Jan15 call I wanted to hold onto executed 12/28 on a sell order I forgot was active. I thought......what's the worst that could happen? Lol!

$12k down the tubes(and counting), that's the worst that could happen :)

Never thought I'd get so cavalier about amounts of money over $500.

I understand Waymo has also sent a 'cease and desist' letter to General Electric asking them to stop calling their ranges "self-cleaning". After extensive testing they have determined that manual cleaning may still be required under specific circumstances and consumers have been given a false and misleading impression.

But Waymo didn't stop there. Another flurry of letters were sent to Apple, Samsung, Huawei, Oppo and Xiaomi asking them to stop using the misleading term "selfie" because it implies the phone can take the photo without user intervention. o_O

Have they sent similar letters to Boeing and Airbus ?

37DF3A49-9F87-4F62-88B6-99787205D5C6.png

Not sure if this has been posted here already but this is the reason you don’t deworsify!

View attachment 625300
Not sure if this has been posted here already but this is the reason you don’t deworsify!
Amazing someone put that list together without including ExxonMobil and Saudi Aramco. I guess you could argue that the sun and wind are replacing those two organizations, but you can't leverage it without the tech and services.

My personal "irrational exuberance" is tempered by the awareness that the first FSD fatality will cause, depending on egregious factor, an immediate up to 30% drop in SP. It is rational to think it is an inevitability, a certainty once FSD climbs out of beta.
Still, at the moment, the water is fine. My eye is on the 5 year horizon.
However, there will be loads and loads of data, telemetry as well as video, to prove one way or the other what exactly happened and who or what was at fault.

Dan

Amazing someone put that list together without including ExxonMobil and Saudi Aramco. I guess you could argue that the sun and wind are replacing those two organizations, but you can't leverage it without the tech and services.

But they did include the red-hot segment of “Seats”.

Maybe they meant chairs? :rolleyes: