Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA is green for 8 trading days in a row. That is very exceptional (not sure if this ever happened). Surely there must be some red days in the near future.

I think the longest we went green was 11 trading days?

But I agree with you. Probably a red correction on Thursday or Friday, just to ensure the MM's aren't burned too much by the sharp pick up.

I saw somewhere on ARK that fast charging and speed of charging will be the new metric that EVs are assessed on.

Elon has said that he really wants there to be a $25,000 Tesla vehicle. When that vehicle arrives it will be purchased by people who were unable to do the "Tesla stretch."

Many folks do not have access to at home charging, they have to park in the street, and have no choice about that.

Some cities have free level 2 charging, but this will in no way provide enough charging for all those who will need to charge, let alone the fact that everyone likes something for free. I have seen a doctor plug in their Chevy Volt at a free level 2 charger and get picked up by their spouse in a Mercedes Coupe while the Volt was charging.
If the Govt, be it Federal, State, or Municipal, decides to incentivize EVs by providing more level 2 charging, it will have to be in places where people are going to spend all day at; Schools, colleges, or workplaces. Random level 2 chargers dotted around the city isn't going to do the job.

I see many places where people can only park in the street, and I know of people who came close to buying a Tesla, but didn't, because there was no way of charging where they lived.

The incoming Govt may be EV friendly, but it will be Tesla innovation that makes vehicles that can be fast charger friendly, and solve the home charge unavailability problem.

Urban Superchargers are one solution for people without charging at home.
These will not be free but will be cheaper than gas.

A second option is paid destination charging, now the site can recover costs and make a small profit that is more attractive and hence more paid destination charging in cities is a likely outcome.

In both cases, electricity is cheaper than petrol and more efficient.

Morgan Stanley right now:
giphy.gif

AJ isn’t likely to raise his price targets for no reason. I believe MS has gotten a sniff of something coming down the pipeline.

Just my hunch, based on nothing.

Then again, might just be ARK’s report around the corner. Don’t want to be looking like you’re reacting to the outrageous report from the one true king most notorious TSLA analysts on the Street.
Adam Jonas recently collaborated with Morgan Stanley's software/tech team and Battery team over in Asia to rework his entire model. Before when MS was still underweight, he was hardly factoring in Tesla Energy, battery breakthroughs and autonomous efforts. I think these parts of Tesla's business were just over his head as a traditional automotive analyst.

Adam Jonas recently collaborated with Morgan Stanley's software/tech team and Battery team over in Asia to rework his entire model. Before when MS was still underweight, he was hardly factoring in Tesla Energy, battery breakthroughs and autonomous efforts. I think these parts of Tesla's business were just over his head as a traditional automotive analyst.

If that’s the case I applaud his efforts to adapt.

Now if he just switches his Mach-E reservation to the superior choice I’ll start forgiving his past transgressions against logic and reason.