Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$6k USD price increase for next batch of S&X in Europe

Tesla increases prices on next EU batch of Model S and Model X —sparking refresh rumors - Electrek

Doesn’t look to be connected to exchange movements. Refresh coming sooner rather than later ?
Verry strange.

Base price Model X US: 79 990$
Base price Model X Norway: 101 868$

Historically it has been 2000-3000$ in price difference between Norway and the US(I guess paying for shipment and stricter regulations regarding warranty).

So this 27% price difference is something new. Might be a good time to sell my current Model X.

$6k USD price increase for next batch of S&X in Europe

Tesla increases prices on next EU batch of Model S and Model X —sparking refresh rumors - Electrek

Doesn’t look to be connected to exchange movements. Refresh coming sooner rather than later ?

I have a Model X with FSD on order (which was for resale if prices of FSD etc went up). With Covid & less income, have been putting off. I wonder if I get the original price (X & FSD) and Refresh (if it is). Any ideas? I told Tesla I couldn't complete until next year. If it was a Y, I'd take it myself eventually (after April/vaccinations widespread), but it was a speculation on car changes (4680/FSD prices/Refresh/possibly Plaid as fast version).

Not the sort of thing I normally do, but I did it.

• Informative
Reactions: Tes La Ferrari
A lot of people makes this assumption.

No, you pay for your Tesla with your gains. Nothing is free.

grumpy mode off now, I promise :) Happy thx givin’

The original poster said.....

"Everytime I hear someone say "my Tesla stock trade bought me a free Tesla" is music to my ears."

so I said...

My tesla stock trade bought me a free tesla"

I was just trying to be funny. Commenting on the original poster.

I have never sold a single share of Tesla and never will I committed to giving it to my children when I die and that's what's going to happen.

Last edited:
Canadian pension fund giants call for green COVID-19 recovery

November 25th Yahoo! finance article by Jeff Lagerquist.

"The chief executive officers of eight Canadian pension funds, collectively representing about $1.6 trillion in assets under management, are calling for a green recovery from the COVID-19 economic slump.

In a letter published on Wednesday, the executives implored investors and companies to put sustainability and inclusive growth at the centre of the economic recovery. Signatories include the CEOs of AIMCo, BCI, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, CPP Investments, HOOPP, OMERS, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, and PSP Investments.

"Our objective is to invest in companies that build a better future for their employees and communities while at the same time provide the appropriate risk-adjusted returns to help us meet our promise to our members,” Jo Taylor, president and chief executive officer of the $204.7 billion Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, stated in a news release accompanying the letter."

Perhaps some of that $1.6T will find a home in Tesla, espcially once added to the S+P . Canada, Eh?

Robot deliveries have been running in Milton Keynes for a while I think, recently expanded to my town (about 25miles / 40 km away). As people get used to this, I think it's positive for Tesla and FSD approval & uptake

BBC less spammy - Robot grocery delivery service expands to Northampton

"The Co-op said it planned to use up to 300 of Starship's robots by the end of 2021.

Starship Technologies robots have completed over 500,000 commercial autonomous deliveries in local neighbourhoods and university campuses across five countries.

The retail giant said the most popular items delivered by robot included milk, eggs, bread, bananas and cucumbers."

Timeline - A revolution in local delivery. (Milton Keynes April 2018). US now.

Local rag (adverts, popups galore). It's not really local, part of large UK group of newspapers, not sure if any 'journalists' are local.

The new age is here as robots can deliver your groceries in two areas of Northampton from today

The new age is here as robots can deliver your groceries in two areas of Northampton from today
Robots can now deliver eggs, milk, bread and more directly to your front door from a Co-op store

Last edited:
The only day we will all be on the same page :p
7E5EE78E-FC72-428E-902F-31DD6335262B.jpeg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ INTERLUDE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you or a loved one suffering from Tickertitis?

Cases of a severe new disease is on the rise: Tickertitis can infect everybody over the age of 18.

At stage one symptoms are mild; decreased movement, dry and itching eyes, and rhythmic spasms of the index finger. As the disease makes its devastating mark, however, the patient will rapidly experience paralysis, keeping the sufferer immobile in an upright-sitting position. Head and eyes are fixed straight ahead. The only movement is a finger twitching every 2-to-10 second. The symptoms wax and wane in a bi-weekly period, with approximately five days of intense paralysis, followed by two days of softened symptoms, during which the patient will enter a depressive state.

As Tickertitis enters stage three, it will follow one of two courses. The terminal stage 3A is characterized by guttural roaring, crying, and foaming at the mouth. At this point the patient will move permanently into the bathroom. Stage 3A can be delayed by placing glasses such as those below on the patient. This will result in a short period of time where the disease will follow the 3B trajectory. The effect is, however, only temporary.

upload_2020-11-26_14-42-10.png

Stage 3B is milder; in addition to the paralysis, the patient's face will undergo changes: the muscles around the eyes will start to contract and the corners of the lips will rise higher day for day. The paralysis will be intersected by short but intense periods of random arm and leg movements, shouting and jumping. The symptoms can be alleviated by playing early 20th century polka for the patient. While Tickertitis stage 3B is not terminal, it is at the time of writing incurable; expect the symptoms to become increasingly more pronounced, ending with a very strong compulsion to buy islands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~