Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get that part. What I'm trying to understand is what the output looks like. Is the product like a program that the Supermarket can then run with new data once a day or does all the functionality remain with the AI services provider who has to continually crunch huge datasets for each days sales forecast? Or does the AI provider "solve" the problem once and then provide daily data back to the store based on the AI "image" they have created?

My guess is it would continually update the suppliers, warehouses, stores, truckers (re-routing until delivery within constraints - fuel, time, working time, expected congestion). Capacity, promotion effects and sales continually input. Doesn't need to go via legacy IT/supermarket. Just reports on final actions.

The whole thing CAN be in the cloud. It can be sold as a service to any customer selling/moving anything.

• Helpful
Reactions: StealthP3D
I get that part. What I'm trying to understand is what the output looks like. Is the product like a program that the Supermarket can then run with new data once a day or does all the functionality remain with the AI services provider who has to continually crunch huge datasets for each days sales forecast? Or does the AI provider "solve" the problem once and then provide daily data back to the store based on the AI "image" they have created?
My wife (Doctorate in Stochasitcs but works in the tourist industry) does this sort of thing. Sometimes it is a one shot deal, but most of the time she has to maintain the project. It depends on the subject. With covid there are more projects that need updating as the data is changing.

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11
(AirBus just announced they are researching Hydrogen planes ...)

time-100-influential-photos-sam-shere-hindenburg-disaster-26.jpg

cnbc hosts looking for ways to paint tesla in bad light

- comparing musk to milton?? really?? wtf!
- tesla an election risk? (jonas said tesla is positioned apolitically so at least he shut that up)
- then the last clown chimes in with something else negative but i ignored it.

they effing reach for every single thing i swear

meanwhile all morning the nkla thing is no big deal and GM is spot on with their partnership phhh

what a joke...
cnbc incompetence, willingly or not, unsurprising.
but worth drilling it home yet again;
- continue to shill for the establishment
- degrade and stupify the public w regards to facts
- insult the intelligence of those doing their own homework

cnbc, shameful

ALL programs are run by their advertisers. Don't be looking for objective news about the auto industry from a program that gets paid by GM.

I disagree with his line of reasoning. A more energy dense, power dense and efficient cell would not require a compete vehicle redesign to be implemented. I also think he's wrong about the casting machines, which he calls a "press".

The reasoning behind the complete re-design is not the energy density or efficiency differences of the new cells - it is their form factor. A taller cell won't fit in the old chassis.

The casting machines in question are high-pressure casting machines. Cast aluminum (without high pressure) is relatively weak and inconsistent. It can have random weak spots and porosity. Adding high pressure can give the casting some of the same qualities gained by forging, less porosity and an alignment of grain structure that greatly increases the strength. Which means the part will weigh less, be more consistent, and use less material. Technically, it's both a casting machine and a press.

In layman's terms, can you very briefly describe, in the most broad and basic terms, a specific (simple) example of this. For example, what type of existing business might make good use of it, what the data going in might look like and what the output might look like? I assume the data going in would be from a database?
Any marketing company, especially digital media.
Medical services.
Pharmaceuticals, designing new genetic medicines and treatments, looking for alternative uses for existing products.
Design, architecture, clothes, etc. from original work, to focus on fault tolerance for civil and mechanical
Chip design optimization.
logistics, route optimization drone tracking, packaging optimization
Networking, load and routing optimization. Identification of suboptimal routing commands and optimizing troubleshooting and capex investment to optimize hardware updates.
Investments

Hadn't heard about PowerPacks in Costa Rica:

CleanSpark Commissions Software on New Microgrid Featuring Tesla Batteries

"CleanSpark, Inc. (Nasdaq: CLSK), "the Company", a diversified software and services company announced the commissioning of its software on a new solar plus storage microgrid project in Central America. CleanSpark is partnered with an energy developer to deploy this unique solution for Micro Technologies SA, a major international assembly and manufacturing company. This microgrid is for their new factory located in the San Jose, Alajuela Province of Costa Rica.
CleanSpark is providing its patented mPulse controls with market-based forecasting and operation. The Company has also procured and will incorporate the Tesla (Nasdaq:TSLA) PowerPack 2 battery energy storage system which will provide 558kW/1115kWh storage. Additionally, the project's solar installation includes 480kW AC, 531kW DC of PV (photovoltaic) solar panels. This represents the second microgrid located in Costa Rica with an mPulse controller paired with a Tesla energy storage solution."

You mean like how Big Oil, Big Auto, etc, and the mainstream media teamed up to deny climate science for over a half a century, bringing the health of the planet and its inhabitants to an existential cliff (or off the cliff)?

Everybody claims they've "got the science and the facts" nowadays (the more convincing ones even have slick graphs and charts). Most everybody on the interwebs and mainstream media (including this forum) believe they see the world wholly and see it clear. The problem today with social media is that the message is no longer tightly controlled/spun by 5-6 entities, as in the past--that's why it feels like we live in a "post truth" world now. It's confusing/frustrating/maddening for anyone who thinks about it for a second: we each have to find our own truth now, and there's a million different truths and 50 sides to the same coin, and it's this huge war between Big Money, Special Interests, and us little people (most of whom have the functional literacy of a 7-yr-old).

Like Charlie Munger (Buffett's right-hand man) says: "Show me the money, and I'll show you the outcome." There's lots of money out there swirling around trying to convince us, manipulate us, prod us, scare us, etc.

It's awfully hard these days to figure out what the "truth" is, if there is any. My whole life I've been told climate change is a hoax, but I'm still fairly certain it's the biggest threat facing humanity right now; it's why I'm invested in TSLA.

But maybe I'm wrong...
You are absolutely right.
We are entering the post-modern era where where there is no absolute truth and on social media, any opinion has the same weight. Doesn’t matter if you have been trained for 12 years to be a microbiologist and talk about covid or SteveO opinion on why he thinks mask is suffocating him with his own toxins and bacterias.

I’m a bit sad for my kids, they will not have known the pre-internet pre-social media era before flat earthers and conspiracy theorists took over the public places.

i imagine it could be useful for law enforcement activity, compliance, etc

analyzing of photo/video to recognize unlawful activity

doesn’t palantir (amongst many other allocations) have application/use case for something like this?

i imagine companies like them (consuming and processing abnormally large datasets) could find dojo useful if they can code to utilize