Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: wtlloyd
I understand this when through Google translate, but I've unfortunately seen this incorrect description in a number places...

I had the same initial reaction, but it actually wasn't that bad after reading the next section:
The use of batteries at Vale's Terminal follows the same logic as batteries used in electric cars, to replace energy. In the case of vehicles, the exchange is for gasoline. In the Vale project, the intention is to replace the energy use from the electricity grid peak demand times, when the tariff is more expensive, between 6 pm and 9 pm.
Batteries in cars store energy received from charging to replace gasoline. Batteries in the industrial setting use energy stored during lulls to replace generation.

The batteries do technically generate AC when discharging. (at least as much as anything that isn't creating electrons out ot he the void)

The next chapter: Energy!

At first I got the impression this guy was just another internet punk, only reinforcing my own thoughts. But then I showed his video last week to a skeptic and close friend (ya the guy to bought my old Buick back). His reaction, to my surprise, triggered a tsunami of interest and questions. One was "How do I open an account and buy TSLA stocks?"

I also support Rob Mauer and 3rd Row. But as an influencer of skeptics, Steven keeps it fresh and jolts the brain if you're not ready for it.

upload_2020-8-25_9-28-46.png

Jim Cramer favorably discusses Apple and Tesla.

CNBC - hour ago:

Next time Rob talks to Cramer he needs to explain to him that Battery Day is not about batteries that "go for ages without charging". Will there be incremental increases in range? Sure. But battery day is more about production volume than anything else. He also needs to explain that range is already near the sweet spot. Who wants, or even can without taking a bio-break, drive more than 5 or 6 hours at a time. If anything, reducing charge time is more important and I expect some gains along these lines to be announce on Battery Day as well.

The Inside Story Of Robinhood’s Billionaire Founders, Option Kid Cowboys And The Wall Street Sharks That Feed On Them

forbes robinhood story
not exactly news,
but many here seem not to care about the true cost of no commission, regardless the broker

Useful Quote: "In October 2019, Robinhood gleefully announced to its customers, “Options Stop Limit Orders Are Here,” a nifty feature which essentially puts trading on autopilot. “That [stop limit] order is immediately sold to a high-speed trader who now knows where your intention is, where you would sell,” says one former high-speed trader. “It’s like you’re writing a secret on a piece of paper and handing it to your broker, who sells it to someone who has an interest to trade against you.”

...Billionaire competitor Thomas Peterffy, the founder of Interactive Brokers, says stop limit orders are the most valuable orders a sophisticated trader can buy. “If people send you orders, you see what they are. You can plot them up along a price axis and see how many buy and sell orders you have at each of those prices,” he says. For instance, if a buyer sees sell orders bunched up around a certain price, it means that if the stock or option hits that price, the market is going to fall hard. “If you are a trader, it’s good for you if you can trigger the stop—you can go short and trigger the stop, and then cover much lower,” Peterffy says. “It’s an old technique.”

Zsozso: "Cramer does not get that 400-500 mile range-per-charge (present in S - coming in cybertruck/roadster) is enough and you do not need longer, pointless."

I must respectfully disagree that longer range is pointless. I have a 416 mile route that I travel several times a month. There are only three superchargers on that route and I must visit all three if I wish to keep a safe margin. Longer range would allow me to skip one of those or take a scenic detour if I wished. In addition, a bigger battery charges at a high rate for a longer period before tapering is required, shortening my time at the SCs.

My experience after 7 years with a P85 and a 100D is that actual range is less than 70% of rated range when traveling at high speeds, traversing elevation changes, and/or battling rain and headwinds. Range degradation as the battery ages only makes things worse. If you wish to treat your battery properly, you can't start out with a 100% charge with any regularity, so your trip planning won't be based on a 100% charge - more likely 90%.

My 2 cents - can't speak for anyone else.

I sure hope the people and investors in general that are positioning themselves for a dip later this week or next week, are mentally prepared for missing out on S&P announcement happening after hours on the 31st or 2nd.

I wouldn't make a short term bet or go on margin in anticipation of it, but I surely wouldn't be selling off some shares in hopes of getting a cheaper price sometime next week.

Useful Quote: "In October 2019, Robinhood gleefully announced to its customers, “Options Stop Limit Orders Are Here,” a nifty feature which essentially puts trading on autopilot. “That [stop limit] order is immediately sold to a high-speed trader who now knows where your intention is, where you would sell,” says one former high-speed trader. “It’s like you’re writing a secret on a piece of paper and handing it to your broker, who sells it to someone who has an interest to trade against you.”

...Billionaire competitor Thomas Peterffy, the founder of Interactive Brokers, says stop limit orders are the most valuable orders a sophisticated trader can buy. “If people send you orders, you see what they are. You can plot them up along a price axis and see how many buy and sell orders you have at each of those prices,” he says. For instance, if a buyer sees sell orders bunched up around a certain price, it means that if the stock or option hits that price, the market is going to fall hard. “If you are a trader, it’s good for you if you can trigger the stop—you can go short and trigger the stop, and then cover much lower,” Peterffy says. “It’s an old technique.”
This is why with aggressive growth and/or speculative stocks, it is pretty much never a good idea to put in a stop loss. To avoid selling at lower price when your stop is hit, one would have to put a stop in waaay under the market in order to stand a chance of not getting hit. One might as well just go ahead and sell at the current market or have a mental stop in place that you are committed to adhering to. Is advice.