Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had a fuel bus about 8-6 years ago where I work. That pic into the fuel cell bay doesn't look good...the air lines are chaffing against the cooling silicone lines. Are the connectors weather seal? There is a bunch of loose tape on the LV harness and it even seems like the LV lines are sitting on top of the HV lines. It doesn't look good IMO and it looks like a nightmare to work on.
Lets focus on the positives here:

• It is an 'actual' truck and not a CAD sketch
  • It actually runs
  • It might 'not' make it to production
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good lord. What an overly complicated mess under the hood. Can’t imagine repairing that thing.

What I’m REALLY impressed with though is that he says he’s such a smart guy and it shows. It only took him 30 seconds to figure out how to end the video. Yup! He definitely out Eloned Elon.
I am impressed! What a fast truck! And quiet as well! Based on what I heard I think it can vacuum the road too! All those Tesla Semi's can do is actually quietly and efficiently transport and deliver Tesla autos... a lot of them!

What an imbecile this guy is...

This is lunacy. It looks almost as complicated as ICE.

It's actually worse than an ICE, since most ICE engine bays leave empty space so you can service the various components without removing everything in front of it. Remember that maintenance costs is also one of the significant cost savings that Tesla semi was supposed to address. With a huge radiator and everything else involved in the fuel cell system, there will be little if any maintenance savings with a Nikola One.

Not sure that is the correct assumption. I had some $1400s yesterday and sold them because I thought the climb had stalled. So when I sold them I had closed my position. Sure there could still be lots of open positions, but if I had any more 1400 Calls purchased, I'd be selling them into any climbs to maximize my return since it certainly looks like the MM's are aiming for a $1400 close that would mean the $55 I got yesterday turns into $0 on Friday. I'm sure I wasn't the only call holder in this position.
The "THEY" that I use is the person who writes the Call position. You sound like you had purchased calls previously. You closed your position just like the the option writer wanted you to. That way the entity that wrote the Call does not have to give you their shares. Closing a written call position is a matter of offering a price that people want to close their positions. It's cheaper to get you to sell back your Call than it is to payout the shares if the price spikes. In this case you liked the price and closed the position. Once you did that the MMs (or wohever) was able to sell those shares backing that Call or sell another Call at a higher strike.

It's actually worse than an ICE, since most ICE engine bays leave empty space so you can service the various components without removing everything in front of it. Remember that maintenance costs is also one of the significant cost savings that Tesla semi was supposed to address. With a huge radiator and everything else involved in the fuel cell system, there will be little if any maintenance savings with a Nikola One.
I'd expect there to be more maintenance given the effects of hydrogen on the components that it touches.

Looks like bear attack unsuccessful. Must have triggered a lot of limit sell orders at $1350 but not enough to push it down to the next one.

The headlines in my Yahoo-screen: 'stock surge detached from reality', 'gigantic bubble on the verge of exploding', 'Nikola shares look attractive'

I find comfort in them. They confirm it's just the bears attacking, and no real news pushing the stock down.

And nowadays the bears are not attacking to kill Tesla, but to secure more shares at attractive prices for their friends. Which in the end will make us richer.

I am quite curious how pre-orders for the Cybertruck in China will go. Obviously it's not like the US truck market, but it's still quite large. Consumers there don't like Murican style pickups but perhaps the CT will grow the market. Especially if Tesla winds up making a smaller version in China (and for export?).

China buys 2500-3000 imported Ford Raptors per annum that start at Chinese equivalent of ~$100k.

Who knows how many MiC F-150s they might buy if they started at $28k.

Chinese cities allowing ZEV/NEV pickups downtown might make the full size pickup market blowup too.

... and those mahoosive radiators indicate just how much energy has to be wasted as heat back into the atmosphere.

I'd be very surprised if they demo an FC semi producing enough power to haul 30 tons up a 1 mile slope.

Used a stop loss once. Lost a bunch of shares during price raid. Watch market everywhere now.

I should have called it stop loss, lol. It just sounds wrong, because for me its purpose would be to locking in profit in the event of steep sell-off.

Like you, I watch the market, and would want to see clear down trend over multiple days first. Not reacting to a one-off dip.

Nikola has released a video of a FC truck that MOVES!! That's far more than I was expecting.

Not sure why Trevor is showing this truck again. People familiar with Nikola are well aware of the existence of this vehicle. The questions surrounding whether a prototype existed, pertained to the Badger pickup truck, as that was the one they were taking real money on.

Lets focus on the positives here:

• It is an 'actual' truck and not a CAD sketch
  • It actually runs
  • It might 'not' make it to production
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Right at the 3 minute mark of the video I observed another "+"
They are using "Established Technology."
(I do not know what those rusty old surfaces were part of, but surely they have been established for awhile?)

Aren't the bands two standard deviations offset from the average, and thus symmetric about the average?

Bollinger Band®

@SOULPEDL , If viewed on a log chart, the low band will look larger.

Edit, also when the stock price is moving up rapidly, the standard deviation increases which pushes the lower band down. Depending on the rate, the lower can stay flat or even go lower as the stock goes up.

Yeah, that makes sense. Buy high; sell low. Jump around the kitchen to help the soufflé rise. :confused:

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog and mekberg