Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who bought some 7/2 calls yesterday (or this week), counting on a premarket release of positive numbers?

I bought 7/10 calls at 1320 (living my life 1/4 mile at a time) yesterday because I couldn't be sure Tesla would release #s pre or post market today.

I didn't do as well as the 7/2 folks, but still more than tripled the investment dumping em just after open.

Reactions: M|S|M MYP
Checking in with TSLAQ this morning. I would almost pity them if they weren't such a despicable group of people.

Literally all that's left of the bear thesis is conspiracy theory. The current claim is that the arrest of Ghislaine Maxwell this morning is because Tesla stock is up, and the FBI wants to act fast in implicating Elon in Epstein's crimes before Musk becomes too powerful.

I used to be a big fan of the New York Times, and I generally don’t believe conspiracy theories, but today’s headline is beyond the pale. The NYT has always been biased against Tesla, but to negatively frame this P&D report in a lockdown quarter smacks of willful manipulation.

Which leads me to wonder, when Carlos Slim, a big oil investor, bailed out the NYT with his big investment, did he ask to handpick the business editor?

A couple days ago Dana Hull writes an article that appears to attempt to manufacture consent regarding Toyota having a higher market cap than Tesla despite TMC members already debunking that misconception. Today Dana wakes up to Tesla about to surpass a higher market cap than Toyota + GM + Ford. Is that a cup of Karma Coffee your drinking with breakfast this morning, Dana?

View attachment 559591

Please forgive her. She doesn't seem to understand elementary math.

Screenshot_20200702-073130.png

Model 3/Y Production was up YoY, and that's all what matters:

2019Q2: Model 3/3: 72,531
2020Q2: Model 3/Y: 75,946

Model 3/Y Deliveries were also up YoY (though that not as important):

2019Q2: Model 3/3: 77,550
2020Q2: Model 3/Y: 80,050​

It's 3/Y Production that matters, since Tesla sells all the vehicles they can make, and will continue to be Production limited for some time. Indeed, we still have no direct evidence of what the ultimate demand will be for 3/Y since they aren't even available in all markets yet.

It'll be at least 2 more years or more before Production even has a small chance of matching demand (w.Shanghai and Berlin Y Prod). But the 3/Y keeps getting better YoY so no bets!

Cheers!

I’m trying to enjoy this bump, but it feels so anticlimactic. The moves Tesla made several years ago to position itself for success in China seemed to guarantee an SP of $1000+.

Like many of you in this forum, I did my dancing for joy years ago. The long time delay between expectation and fulfillment has dulled the senses.

That said, the Tesla/Musk story is still, amazingly, just in the early innings, so now is a good time to grab another beer and peanuts. With Battery Day approaching, it’s like the top of the order is about to come to bat again.

Don't want to give you a disagree 'cause I enjoy your input, but statements like this make my blood boil. (Not personal, aimed against the media and similar businesses)

Either you ignore what the rest of the industry is doing and aim to work in an ethical manner, or you get out the industry if there is no way to keep a good sense of morals.

It's the same reason I have zero respect for people whose job it is to cold-call people in an effort to sell them whatever it is they're selling. Agressive market practices like this prey on the weak and add no value to the economy whatsoever. When those people defend with "I gotta make a living" I just nod my head. There's plenty of other jobs out there with similar wages but that consist of an honest days work.

/endofOTrant, sorry.

Back to the ticker. Things should get interesting after amateur hour.
It wasn't obvious I was being sarcastic? Is there a person out there who's actually a fan of this new pay-for-headlines business model?

Reactions: jeewee3000