Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't they managed it at the end of the second business day after the end of month most quarters since China started production? Unless I'm wrong about that I don't see what has changed in difficulty. Sure more datapoints adds risk that 'someone' will be late with their part of the numbers but are there really more datapoints than over the last year?

Either way it should be between after markets close July 2 and before they open July 6. So anyone trading options have a decision to make on July 2 at the latest.

Also, China Shanghai is 15 hours ahead of Fremont and should know their number sooner, if anything this should require less time.

I'm not sure if this is a serious post or not.

China is a totalitarian regime which implements a strictly nationalist, imperialist, and mercantilist form of state capitalism. They are being nice to Tesla, quite frankly, because they want to steal all of Tesla's technology and give it to their domestic electric automakers so they can rule the next century of the automobile industry. They industrialized too late for the gasoline era but they are perfectly poised to own the electric era. The moment they no longer need Tesla, they will suddenly find ways to force the company out of China while the NIO, Xpeng, BYD, etc. cars flood the world and destroy all competitors.

China is no one's friend, but Tesla has a golden opportunity to use China for their own ends and try to get the company on solid financial footing and establish manufacturing facilities elsewhere in the world before China kicks them out. It works out for both parties, which is why Giga Shanghai is a thing today.
Would China like to become a major exporter of EVs?

I'm not sure if this is a serious post or not.

China is a totalitarian regime which implements a strictly nationalist, imperialist, and mercantilist form of state capitalism. They are being nice to Tesla, quite frankly, because they want to steal all of Tesla's technology and give it to their domestic electric automakers so they can rule the next century of the automobile industry. They industrialized too late for the gasoline era but they are perfectly poised to own the electric era. The moment they no longer need Tesla, they will suddenly find ways to force the company out of China while the NIO, Xpeng, BYD, etc. cars flood the world and destroy all competitors.

China is no one's friend, but Tesla has a golden opportunity to use China for their own ends and try to get the company on solid financial footing and establish manufacturing facilities elsewhere in the world before China kicks them out. It works out for both parties, which is why Giga Shanghai is a thing today.

I'm reluctant to join into this China bashing, ever mindful of the "true believer" syndrome. In similar stages of development the US practiced protectionist measures and rampantly stole patents, etc. Worse, using economic dominance it continues to impose its will on weaker economies. You assume China's ultimate aim is the same as ours.

We have to learn more before reaching conclusions about the future. A non-prejudged view would speculate as well that Tesla and China are united in that Musk's companies are industrial leaders toward sustainable technology and accelerate change by example. Do you assume Tesla's example is static? I don't, nor do I suspect the Chinese concur in that assumption. Does that country specialize in fixing things not broken? That's more like Trump. Both Hegel, and the Buddha share the assumption mathematically described in Ilya Prigogine's Nobel prize that things are constantly changing; I'm a true believer on this point. To cover my ass, as Emerson pointed out, "a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of simple minds."

An advice.

Your more equivalency is so kitchy.
Trump,head of the US Government, fires US Government officials.
Xi sends ~1M muslims to concentrations camps and ends democracy in Hong Kong against commitments China made in the treaty with the UK to regain sovereignty over Hong Kong.
Same thing.
I think you know very well he was comparing Trump to dictator (well, wanna-be one for now) and ignore his point on purpose.

Same with my Starbucks baristas. They know that red M3 when it pulls up. Order is waiting. God, those kids all want that car.

LOL.. I pulled up to the drive-thru window of a Dairy Queen in the middle of rural New Mexico, pure Ford F150 and Dodge RAM country, the other day, and this, verbatim, is how the conversation went:

Teen girl collecting my money: Now THAT is a beautiful car.

Me: I just got it! It’s brand new! Drove 800 miles to pick it up in Colorado!

Teen girl (pausing to process what I said, then finally speaking): Well take good care of it, and—

Teen girl 2, pushing Teen girl 1 out of the way: OMG a Tesla... I LOVE that the blue color OMG—

Teen girl 1, taking a closer look at the car and noticing the interior for first time: OMG white seats IT HAS WHITE SEATS!!!!

Teen girl 2: (fainting, gasping, crying) OMG my favorite! I LOVE white seats!

Teen girl 1: Here you go sir (hands me my Blizzard)

Teen girl 2: Love the car!!

Me: Thanks (then speeding off while thinking, this never happened in high school)

Best Blizzard I ever had.

Lol, only took 41k shortzes to drop SP ten bucks in this lite Pre-market... vain futility! Look at the Volume pickup at 8:00 am: (only 27K shares of TSLA traded in the first 4 hrs)

TSLA.2020-06-24.09-25.png

Doze shortzes really want their 2% / $20 off yesterday's high... :p

Cheers!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Scuttlebutt
I'm reluctant to join into this China bashing, ever mindful of the "true believer" syndrome. In similar stages of development the US practiced protectionist measures and rampantly stole patents, etc. Worse, using economic dominance it continues to impose its will on weaker economies. You assume China's ultimate aim is the same as ours.

We have to learn more before reaching conclusions about the future. A non-prejudged view would speculate as well that Tesla and China are united in that Musk's companies are industrial leaders toward sustainable technology and accelerate change by example. Do you assume Tesla's example is static? I don't, nor do I suspect the Chinese concur in that assumption. Does that country specialize in fixing things not broken? That's more like Trump. Both Hegel, and the Buddha share the assumption mathematically described in Ilya Prigogine's Nobel prize that things are constantly changing, I'm a true believer on this point. To cover my ass, as Emerson pointed out, "a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of simple minds."

An advice.

I think most of the problem people have with the current Chinese regime stems from them having literally the largest death tally of any regime in history.

Nine digits worth of souls have been snuffed out by CCP and lots of people brush it off like no big deal.

Also, China Shanghai is 15 hours ahead of Fremont and should know their number sooner, if anything this should require less time.
No, Tesla's Fiscal Quarter is based on California time, no matter where is the world the transaction occurs. Effectively, 15 hrs extra work will count toward Q2 from Shanghai.

Cheers!

Chanos on Tesla

I didn’t last long enough to get to any Tesla comments, but I did notice that’s a lovely shade of blue the motel used. I wonder if he pays for the room by the week?

I also wonder if he’s just thrown a suit jacket (btw, very unflattering color for his skin tone) over an ‘evening dressing gown’). Like one worn by Ebenezer Scrooge. If not, he should be informed to pick a different style of dress shirt; one that at least buttons up.

I’m sorry. What was the video supposed to be about?

I think most of the problem people have with the current Chinese regime stems from them having literally the largest death tally of any regime in history.

Nine digits worth of souls have been snuffed out by CCP and lots of people brush it off like no big deal.

Whilst I agree on the numbers, and have concerns about current human rights in general over in China, I don't think this is an entirely valid concern. We don't blame the current German administration for the horrors committed by the Nazi, or post war East German leadership that murdered millions. Today's Chinese government may not meet with our western standards or expectations of a free society, but I don't believe they should be compared with the murderous\incompetent Communist systems of old. In fact they are no longer Communist anyway, but a relatively benign (so long as you tow the line!) Capitalist\Communist hybrid Dictatorship.

We have to learn more before reaching conclusions about the future. A non-prejudged view would speculate as well that Tesla and China are united in that Musk's companies are industrial leaders toward sustainable technology and accelerate change by example. Do you assume Tesla's example is static? I don't, nor do I suspect the Chinese concur in that assumption. Does that country specialize in fixing things not broken? That's more like Trump. Both Hegel, and the Buddha share the assumption mathematically described in Ilya Prigogine's Nobel prize that things are constantly changing, I'm a true believer on this point. To cover my ass, as Emerson pointed out, "a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of simple minds."

An advice.

To put it simply; we always think it’s the other guy who’s the bad guy. We refuse to see our own failings.

Did anybody else notice him shaking when talking Tesla. Not joking. As much as a delusional, arrogant, blowhard he is and should be imprisoned for making false statements to create a lack of confidence intended to destroy companies like Tesla and Fairfax, it's still sad to see someone in failing health. I'm willing to make an exception here though.
Restless legs syndrome

I shake my legs sometime, which makes my shirt and vest move, too... while buying TSLA. Is my health failing? :eek:

Not me. Fortunately, no native Americans lost their lives because of white westward settlement, or because of chemical and biological warfare waged by the military. /s Lest we forget....