Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UK Car Dealerships and Showrooms to reopen as of Mon, Jun 1st, 2020:

"Boris Johnson announced that outdoor markets and showrooms will reopen from June 1. ... The prime minister has announced that shops across the country, outdoor ... June 1 both markets and car dealerships will reopen for business, ... to make sure they meet the social distancing and hygiene standards."​

Coronavirus UK: Outdoor markets and car showrooms to open from June 1 | Metro News

More good news for Tesla UK. Seems the End-of-Q2 sales/deliveries push just got a leg up.

Cheers!

I doubt this will be massive benefit to Tesla as a lot of their UK showrooms are in shopping Malls that will likely remain closed. Also, they seem to be doing loads of test drives near me anyway (not sure how that works), but I had to do repeat visits to the pharmacy which is pretty much the only shop open in the local Mall (external access door) and each time I was followed in to the car park by test drivers in Model 3s parking back up with the Tesla employee. No obvious face masks or gloves though :-(

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11 and JusRelax
Science Channel on Twitter

impressed with spacesuit and Console design ..

OT
"Launch and Entry” Suits, so not for spacewalks, but, you’re right, still a vast improvement over this:
5F1FBCF5-A9AC-4DB7-9751-C37BA759A141.jpeg

Looks like another transition day to stocks that got decimated by Covid. Carnival cruise line up 10%. Ford up 4%. My tech sector stocks that did well during Covid including Tesla is up less than 2%. I wouldn't be too surprised if today will be another meh kind of day while the rest are having their party. Calling it now before all the "this is manipulation!!!" Crowd jumps in at 1030 am today.

This is manipulation!!!111!

so population of alameda county is 1.671 mil, 2700 residents with covid...that's 0.16% of the population...

a 10 person increase in daily infection, so that's 0.000598% of the population increase with covid...:eek:

this is monkey math so pls take with a huge grain of salt.

Let's not have a protracted discussion on all the finer technical and statistical details of Coronavirus but I wanted to add that it's utterly ridiculous for anyone to talk about the rate of positive tests without mentioning the rate that the population was tested.

And it makes sense that people had a lot more incentive to get tested going into Memorial Day weekend where they might be with family/friends.

Last edited:
so population of alameda county is 1.671 mil, 2700 residents with covid...that's 0.16% of the population...

a 10 person increase in daily infection, so that's 0.000598% of the population increase with covid...:eek:

I like monkey math...I actually understand it.:D

Yeah, it's not news. Medical stats aren't timed to the opening of the Market. It's a planned hit job, as expected.

And just as Barron's releases their hit job, on que, the "Conservative Review" releases their's.

It's all KABUKI THEATRE. :p

Cheers!

1. Safety. It's just like Japan. Even a young girl can pretty much go anywhere in Singapore alone, at any time of the day or night. You can also put your bag/phone/laptop/wallet on a seat/table at a Starbucks/cafe, and then go order and collect your drink.
  2. The people/society. This is pretty much the only reason why I'm not living in Japan. I freaking love Japan, but the society is messed up. Singapore, on the other hand, is multi-cultural, but lives together in harmony in spite of it. It's possible that as a Westerner I'm treated a lot better in Singapore though. In Japan I faced a lot of discrimination. But all in all, I really like the people there.
  3. The language. I've learned to speak fluent Japanese, but English is still my favorite language. There are other cool Asian countries (Taiwan especially), but the people in most of them don't speak perfect English. I quite like Asia, and I think Singapore is pretty much the perfect mix between east and west for me.
  4. The government. There's not 100% freedom of speech, and I don't follow politics closely, but based on the knowledge I have I'd say Singapore is the best government in the world. There seems to be relatively little corruption, and the government really seems to do what's best for its people. SG's government is also very efficient. And last but not least, the current prime minister also seems like an amazing person. Based on the times I've heard him speak and seen interviews, I have a lot of respect for him.
  5. The city is clean, modern, and beautiful. I love skyscrapers, but I especially love the contrast between a bunch of skyscrapers surrounded by a jungle full of nature.
  6. The economy and quality of life. Singapore is a great place to work and live. It's a large city/country with tons of possibilities.
If there's no freedom of speech, then how do you know if a young girl can pretty much walk anywhere alone at any time?...

Color me sceptical...

50/100 on the Freedom House index does not sound particularly great. Seems like a truly super corrupt place.

Source: Singapore | Freedom House

I got out of my Jun 28’ 825 calls today at 35% loss. Just can’t stand it anymore. This was my play for the Battery Day which should already have happened. But nobody is talking about Battery Day anymore, because it’s become an insignificant event. All that’s left for Elon is to confirm what’s already been covered on YouTube over and over again. Million mile battery pack is already the new standard with several companies having announced it.