Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bear attack right at the open, blunted now on postive macros. Very light volume, 1.0 M shares of TSLA in the first 12 minutes. Sure to encourage the shortzes if macros turn.

EDIT: Light volume continues with 2.0 M shares traded in the 1st half hour, 3.5 M traded in the 1st hour. SP is drunk, staggering sideways. Untradable.

Last edited:
I think rather than pointing fingers, mocking and fighting, would be more useful to engage and see what's behind the proclamations.

We've seen what's behind them, and we've seen them be wrong more than right, and we've seen people taken in by them and lose money. It seems every so often people forget this or new people are unaware and the cycle starts again. I don't want that to happen.

I believe @TrendTrader007 believes in his technical analysis and is playing with $millions and on many occasions I think his predictions would have been accurate enough except unforeseen events intervened.

Yeah, all our predictions would have been accurate if not for unforeseen events. :rolleyes:

I think rather than pointing fingers, mocking and fighting, would be more useful to engage and see what's behind the proclamations. Then a rational discussion could ensue.

I agree!

And yet he won’t answer the most basic questions posed to him about his latest actions.

I’ve read his postings since he came to TMC. He’s not ever demonstrated that he’s interested in having a rational discussion when his actions are questioned or challenged. But don’t take my word for it, ask @JRP3 who’s also read his posts.

Data is definitely an area that is currently undervalued by many, including me. I've been recently introduced to the real magnitude of power that is data for my own company, and I'm still trying to recover from the shock. Sensors and cameras are gathering mega tonnes of it, and it will be monetised, making Tesla an even bigger entity than we thought possible through cars, AP, solar, storage. Additional mega revenue stream. Gigantic actually.
Also through incredible data-gathering, unbeatable customized Tesla auto insurance rates if not homeowner's insurance as well. Tesla's driving data will charge bad drivers more and they'll likely go to unsuspecting cheaper insurers and stick them with the results of their higher accident rates lowering Tesla insurance's costs of paying out.

Or better yet, Tesla can tag bad driver's bad habits so crappy drivers know where to improve for better insurance rates via some sort of instant feedback for an even greater decrease in accidents. This is great for kids learning to drive who need a little guidance so maybe they never become bad drivers. All until FSD comes around.

Either way Tesla will greatly increase highway safety and have greater revenue.

I wish we'd stop encouraging mediocre, not-funny posts with "Funny" ratings.

I'd still like an effective feedback option to tag off-topic posts.

Last edited:
For automotive comparisons, GM's Q1 figures are out: With factories dark, GM profit slumps 88%; 2Q likely worse

"General Motors’ first-quarter net income fell 88%, but it still managed to make $247 million despite the arrival of the global coronavirus pandemic.
“There are bright spots within the industry,” Suryadevara said. “Obviously trucks are our strong suit, and that’s something we’re going to capitalize on.”
GM has suspended its full-year financial guidance, and Suryadevara conceded the second quarter will be tough.
During the past two months GM canceled its quarterly dividend for the first time in six years, suspended share buybacks and drew $16 billion from credit lines to prepare for the pandemic."

For automotive comparisons, GM's Q1 figures are out: With factories dark, GM profit slumps 88%; 2Q likely worse

"General Motors’ first-quarter net income fell 88%, but it still managed to make $247 million despite the arrival of the global coronavirus pandemic.
“There are bright spots within the industry,” Suryadevara said. “Obviously trucks are our strong suit, and that’s something we’re going to capitalize on.”
GM has suspended its full-year financial guidance, and Suryadevara conceded the second quarter will be tough.
During the past two months GM canceled its quarterly dividend for the first time in six years, suspended share buybacks and drew $16 billion from credit lines to prepare for the pandemic."
Everyone needs to be aware that GM and the other majors all recognize income when vehicles are shipped to dealers.
Since most dealers are closed Q2 is highly likely to be much worse than Q1 for GM, Toyota, Ford, Nissan, et al.
Tesla recognizes a sale only when delivered to a final user and payment received. Tesla Q2 will certainly be stronger than Q1 if only because of all that inventory that the currently have which is already probably fully recognized in expenses; since wages were paid, most suppliers have been paid.

IEEFA update: Renewables surpass coal in U.S. power generation throughout the month of April 2020 - Institute for Energy Economics & Financial Analysis

IEEFA accelerates prediction of US renewables surpassing coal to THIS year.

931F8B94-A4DC-49EB-9E0C-20A9D80AB80E.jpeg

We've seen what's behind them, and we've seen them be wrong more than right, and we've seen people taken in by them and lose money. It seems every so often people forget this or new people are unaware and the cycle starts again. I don't want that to happen.
We are all adults here, capable of evaluating posts and making our own decisions.

Sure there's no visibility, but I'm pretty sure that if Elon calls the Governor's office then Newsom takes it... at the end of the day, the effect n the share price is irrelevant, it's the impact on the Mission that matters - every dat lost now is another stay of execution for the fossil-fuel industry at some point in the future.

Shame Arnold isn't still in charge, eh?

Not so much. He got sold on the Hydrogen farce, and put $2 Billion of the State's money into it.
One of about 3 Republican votes I've ever made, and the third one I've regretted.

Pushing the decision for Fremont to be open down to a county-level is chicken "manure". That is what people in higher-level positions do when they are losing political popularity for bad/unnecessary decisions. The local politicians can be the 'fall guys' for allowing the World's largest manufacturing site for EV's to remain closed with orders to do so from the county level while Newsom will hope to recover some lost popularity in the process. Let's not kid ourselves...........there are many, many $Billions at stake if TSLA can make the S&P500 after Q2.........and those Billions will be lost by the forces that have been betting against them since we all started watching this game many years ago. Thus there is likely very powerful forces beyond the scope of 'science' trying to keep Fremont shut down. Elon is aware of this, and it is motivating him to strike back hard. The transfer of decision from the Governor of the State to some local County officials suggests to me that Elon's aim has been true, and that this is a last-ditch effort to keep TSLA shut down just a little longer............... with some hopes that the TSLA employees won't be too disappointed because they can at least go buy some flowers at the florist, and they can go clothes shopping and buy some nice stuff at the Sporting Goods store thanks to Newsom.............except that they aren't making any money to be able to do so. Newsom is really leaning into the wind with those critical decisions

Last edited:
"One of these things is not like the others
One of these things just doesn't belong"

You can't have flawless logic that isn't right... As being wrong seems like a rather large flaw...

The way he interprets past data is logically flawless, the extrapolations he makes to the future are not always right.

Which is to be expected. If he could extrapolate flawlessly then he would be a billionaire by now.

I enjoy listening to his analysis and point of view, he is an intelligent and passionate guy and way better than any of traditional analysts you hear on the Quarterly calls. However, I don't follow his example regarding buying and selling stocks. When he sold his Square and Peloton shares back in March, I actually bought them, and sold them off at a profit on Thursday last week to buy even more Tesla because the drop from $880 to $695 seemed completely irrational

I believe @TrendTrader007 believes in his technical analysis and is playing with $millions and on many occasions I think his predictions would have been accurate enough except unforeseen events intervened.

I think rather than pointing fingers, mocking and fighting, would be more useful to engage and see what's behind the proclamations. Then a rational discussion could ensue.
I am glad he isn't playing with my millions.

Krugerrand is quite right TT Friday evening predicted TSLA going to 350 maybe even 175. Monday afternoon he predicted TSLA is going to 1400. Nether with any real explanation. So what is TT doing? Rolling a couple of 20 sided dice?

I am glad he isn't playing with my millions.

Krugerrand is quite right TT Friday evening predicted TSLA going to 350 maybe even 175. Monday afternoon he predicted TSLA is going to 1400. Nether with any real explanation. So what is TT doing? Rolling a couple of 20 sided dice?

You're missing my point, I just said that rather than attack, ask the reasoning behind it, then if you don't agree feel free to ridicule as you wish.