Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know some people were questioning why people with no intention to sell bother following this thread and the SP. Today is one of those days it just feels good to watch the SP.

There's a palpable sense of schadenfreude when you see bears celebrating all morning and initiating new positions, only to watch them all fall silent.

I'm sure we're on the same side, @Nocturnal .

It's not clear to me that you are. Who was that TMC member that recently lamented the fact that without a new transcontinental oil pipeline, Canada could not get a fair price for their tar sands oil? This would be most unfair.:rolleyes:

The more quickly existing automakers switch to EV, the more likely we can save the planet from environmental catastrophe. the more quickly we can wake up from our surreal dream.

There. I fixed that for you.

They thought they were going to hurt us on 4/20! We’re not going anywhere!!
upload_2020-4-20_9-57-18.gif

I know some people were questioning why people with no intention to sell bother following this thread and the SP. Today is one of those days it just feels good to watch the SP.

There's a palpable sense of schadenfreude when you see bears celebrating all morning and initiating new positions, only to watch them all fall silent.
Drug dealers HATE this one stock. Click to find out.

For TMCers not-in-the-know, we have an entire thread devoted to Oil schadenfreude. It called, "Shorting Oil, Hedging Tesla." Come get your daily barrel of joy.

Shorting Oil, Hedging Tesla

No way I'm clicking that. I can only stand so much happiness at once and I'm pretty sure everyone over there is past my limit.

i'm someone with "no intent to sell". i can't say never, but i very rarely sell any; i mainly just accumulate. i believe the word for this is "investor".

i use the thread to keep up to date on current $TSLA-related events and monitor the overall trajectory of the company, to make sure its behavior and performance are still consistent with my long-term expectations, and keep abreast of important developments.

i do a lot of eye-rolling at the worriers and hand-wringers who freak out over every 3% drop or pre-market dip. noise exists, people. stocks go up and down. both. every stock does both. they are not flat lines, ever.

a 2 hour span of movement on a random day tells you literally nothing about a company's overall trajectory or future performance (especially one as notoriously volatile as Tesla). if it changes your thesis on the company, then you never had a thesis to begin with.

Also, just because we aren't selling doesn't mean we aren't buying the dips.

OT:
I think when off-roading you could sometimes need enough torque to break traction, forward and backward.
But I doubt you would ever need high reverse speed, am I missing something here?
Clearly you've never had to back your way out of a deep mud pit. Tire speed is required to clear the tire lugs and paddle your way out.
Also all Tesla's should have full speed reverse for the Rockford Maneuver

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: AZRI11 and printf42
Careful, there's a lot going on today. You both might end up looking fooling.

Except I NEVER predict price movement. Like, ever. But I sure find entertainment in the ‘this is for sure what’s happening today posts’. As if they know. :rolleyes:

At least give yourself a fighting chance and wait for the market to open entirely. And at least wait to see if the MMD shows up and plays out. And at least wait to gauge general market sentiment. And at least don’t talk like you’re expert when you’re clearly not and have an obvious tendency to negative embracing and panic attacks.

Like at least try and be smart about it to hedge your proclamation.