Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tsla holding up well. Sitting in a corner of +150 in the last 3 trading days haha The rate cut will stabilize some over others and I think we are in a good position here. If we get good delivery numbers in Q1 it’s going to be huge in realizing the strength of this company.

Reactions: M|S|W
The market does seem whack. In other words, business as usual!

Seriously, I agree things are more "whack" than normal, but this is to be expected. We know that the market thrives from going from normal to whack and back again on a regular basis. It's how Wall Street pumps money out of market participants and into their own pockets.

Imagine if everyone was just calm long-term buy and hold investors who held through things like Coronavirus, International saber-rattling, etc. How would they make money? :rolleyes:
Remember kids, the best way to screw the Market Makers is to buy and hold--and then buy more.

The one time in 2 years I needed to buy stocks and RH was down.

FML, looks like I'm not getting Tesla back and need to put the money somewhere else.

I almost sold a few shares at $960 yesterday, but I was 5 seconds too late... Now it's at 710 and dropping, maybe I should still sell but I feel like an idiot.

edit: ok sold a few shares at $710 and now it's headed back up, you can all thank me for the increase in price since stocks always go up right after I sell them ;)

Why is everyone disagreeing?

This is a reply to an old post, but I wanted to look back at your history, because your "one time in two years" comment contradicted my memory of your recent posts.

I can relate to your frustration, however I think one reason folks disagree is that you often seem to be on your heels reacting in the moment, instead of making an investment thesis and working steadily towards realizing it.

This is B.S. advice in the face of the Robinhood failures, which would have me loosing my mind as well, but honestly there have been countless examples of unexpected events ruining very logical short-term trading expectations. This is just the most recent.

I'm in the camp that any of these recent prices are good buying opportunities for long-term holders, but you may benefit from taking a step back to catch your breath.

Jump back in after you have reviewed your risk tolerance, and investigated your fears to the point that you're better able to act on your convictions rather than trying to anticipate and then react to short-term market action.

Apologies for making an example of difficult times, but it struck a nerve with me because I became a much more successful investor when I started accepting the fact that I'm a terrible trader.

I hope your situation resolves in a good way!

Doesn't anyone else think this is a bit bearish? I know the market was already expecting it which caused the massive run up yesterday, but something about the hastiness of their cut doesn't sit well with me. Very reactionary.

Tesla will still be Tesla and rip it, but this market seems wack.

I personally believe it’s a show, BUT it’s a show that one side needs to continue to do.

I’m betting on the people I hate the most, trust the least, to stimulus us for election purposes.

I'll be liquidating all my RH assets and moving to TD as soon as it makes sense to do so. It's not even just the outage, it's the cause of the outage. A company too incompetent to code (and TEST!) for leap year needs to be far far away from my money.
:eek: If its any consolation, RH has just been named the new QA contractor for the ID.3

Imagine all the buyers jumping back into TSLA when Robinhood comes back online?
TSLA is such a good place for the money right now. Worst case scenario we slip into a recession, car sales plummet, all companies must readjust their future. Tesla sitting on $8.5 billion in cash survives with ease and I don’t think there would be a better CEO than Musk to make Tesla’s time in that kind of market useful to its future. We know it can get bad, but I would ride out the storm with Tesla over anyone else right now.

I’m not sure if that’s the case here as it was when the rates were cut due to the housing mess a decade ago. Is there a (inverse) relationship between rate cuts and people willing to mingle with potentially infected in public?

For example the rates of mortgages and loans go down, which has a positive effect on consumer spending - including less expensive car mortgages. The stock market tends to react positively as well, which too has knock-on effects on consumer sentiment.

There's literally a million small channels of effect how lower interest rates influence daily economic activity positively - and the relationship is well documented, so I'm not sure what you are arguing about.

Economic sentiment is a net effect: the negative economic effects of the coronavirus can be counteracted in other areas, such as via easier lending.

Last edited:
The BMW i4 is absolutely hideous. I'm genuinely surprised because I've always liked BMW styling. They are also claiming 372 miles but there is no way that's real. Perhaps using WLTP.

This Is BMW's Tesla Model 3 Fighter, Coming Next Year

I'll be liquidating all my RH assets and moving to TD as soon as it makes sense to do so. It's not even just the outage, it's the cause of the outage. A company too incompetent to code (and TEST!) for leap year needs to be far far away from my money.

Lost a trade on a put this morning that cost me about $300. Small potatoes but that's something I can definitely say.

I doubt the leap year bug can cause this much havoc. It's more likely they had infrastructure/network issues and whatever they did yesterday obviously did not help. It is also possible they upgraded or changed their systems over the weekend. I have no idea how they recover from something like this, there will be an endless list of lawsuits. This is failure on an epic level.

I doubt the leap year bug can cause this much havoc. It's more likely they had infrastructure/network issues and whatever they did yesterday obviously did not help. It is also possible they upgraded or changed their systems over the weekend. I have no idea how they recover from something like this, there will be an endless list of lawsuits. This is failure on an epic level.
Yeah I looked into a little more and nothing is confirming that, just coincidental timing perhaps. Either way, I'm out. I implement billing/metering software for Utility companies. If we left a client down for 2 days I don't see anyone keeping their jobs, and that would just be one Utility and 500k to a few million customers with minimal real losses.

The market does seem whack. In other words, business as usual!

Seriously, I agree things are more "whack" than normal, but this is to be expected. We know that the market thrives from going from normal to whack and back again on a regular basis. It's how Wall Street pumps money out of market participants and into their own pockets.

Imagine if everyone was just calm long-term buy and hold investors who held through things like Coronavirus, International saber-rattling, etc. How would they make money? :rolleyes:
When was market not "whack"??!

It's more likely they had infrastructure/network issues and whatever they did yesterday obviously did not help.
Its more likely its an upstream problem. Every single brokerage represented by members here at TMC has had execution problems over that last 7 sessions akin to frontrunning on steroids. Even entire satellite exchanges have gone offline due to 'technical problems' (TSE). RH is far from alone.

Somebody's scooping up shares. I get that feeling that some big news is about to break that will send the SP out of reach of many caught short. When it comes to purchasing the few (and dwindling) real shares available in the market right now, somebody is forcing themselves to the front of the line.

Its more likely its an upstream problem. Every single brokerage represented by members here at TMC has had execution problems over that last 7 sessions akin to frontrunning on steroids. Even entire satellite exchanges have gone offline due to 'technical problems' (TSE). RH is far from alone.

Somebody's scooping up shares. I get that feeling that some big news is about to break that will send the SP out of reach of many caught short. When it comes to purchasing the few (and dwindling) real shares available in the market right now, somebody is forcing themselves to the front of the line.

upload_2020-3-3_8-27-36.jpeg