Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahaha! Who knew we'd be in a bunfight for $700 this a.m.? @anthonyj good call.

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-02-03.09-48.png

I had dinner with an old colleague from Germany a few weeks ago. We were talking about Tesla, and he mentioned:

* The stock price is overvalued, cause Tesla only produces a small number of EVs
* EVs are environmentally unfriendly
* Batteries are not recyclable
* There are not enough raw materials to produce batteries for EVs
* PHEVs or hydrogen cells are good alternatives

He is somewhat entrenched in his thoughts, but I gave him enough counterpoints that given some time to mull it over he might change his mind. Our other colleague at that dinner though ended up investing for her first time in Tesla pre Q4 earnings at 560 for one share. This is the 4th person that has invested in TSLA because of me. From this I can conclude the Tesla virus has an R0 of 4.

It's easy to forget how misinformed people are by the media on Tesla still. Most people will not even doubt what they read, until they meet someone who gives them contradictory opinions, and even then it's a slow process to change minds, because people are slow to admit they were wrong.

I have another friend I went travelling with is a super smart guy, but telling me Tesla was overvalued back when the stock price was 2xx. After 2 weeks of travelling with me, he had changed his mind and was about to buy a Tesla back in Australia until he realised how much the insurance was for it over there. I think the insurance side of Tesla's business has potentially to drive demand more than people realise, by reducing the cost of car ownership.

Anyway, aside from the TSLA buyers I have introduced to the stock, there are a lot more people just aware of the company from a positive perspective thanks to just me. This is playing out on a large scale. How many people have you guys infected??

Thats a very common perspective people here in Germany have. Its really sad however they like to believe in the FUD as when you work in the industry you don't want to face the ugly truth. The good news is that more positive news about Tesla are released and people acknowledge what Elon has achieved. Still they don't get why the SP is shooting up ($702 a few minutes ago) and even if I explain I feel like they donÄ' get it.

You need likely to inform you a few hours every day to understand as many people here in the forum are doing.

I said it before and say it again and thats independent from the SP, great forum with many very smart people here. I learned a ton.

Very quick rejection for the AI job. One wonders if Tesla has an AI working scanning job applications!
Only for AI positions. It's one of those recursive AIs developed by Teslas recursive AI developed by Teslas recursive AI team to develop recursive AIs to develop recursive AIs to develop recursive AIs to develop

Oh look 701$

Last edited:
I'm not surprised it broke $700 at all, I am a little surprised it happened so quickly.

Shorts lost $5.8bn in January alone. That's gotta hurt.
This keeps up and even the oil companies may throw in the towel on shorting TSLA. Wouldn't it be funny if an oil company goes bankwupt because of losses shorting Tesla? :p

Oh my god - TSLA is raging upwards without a fight this morning.

So many factors in play here - one I took note of last week was at least two prominent shorts apologizing for their disastrous Tesla trades. The bag holders left on the battlefield are just getting trampled now.

*** holy macaroni Batman! It shot up by $10 in the time it took me to write this post! ***

So how long can CNBC not notice a certain stock having a bit of a decent day today? Cramer got a mention of Tesla in once but everyone else kept talking about how oil is not going away.
It's hilarious. Highlighting the end of fossils, xom dragging the Dow down. Fairly fitting the next commercial was the terrible Lebron Hummer EV.