Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this on twitter, Market cap of auto companies.
EOKVJ7AWAAIdR5Y

At $93.5b right now... Look out VW :D

Do you know how to calculate max pain for Jack Rickards' positions?

It will be interesting to see how he tries to rescue this. I imagine he would sell all his puts shortly after the open this morning. He would still be up on his calls/puts overall but he has also given up the potential gains on the 500 shares he sold back at $400, at least going by my memory.

I haven't run the numbers on his position. It's possible that our rally has been so huge today that his minority call position has more than made up for the value of his puts crashing.

If it drops back down to sub 400 before Q4 earnings, than I bet a lot of us will be adding to our positions.

That makes no sense. :confused:

Sub $400 before Q4 earnings? I've been playing this game a long time but that's just crazy talk. If we ever re-visit the $300 range at all, it would be because the fundamentals completely fell apart, there was fraudulent accounting, an earthquake or tsunami wiped out one of the factories or some other highly unlikely event. And even more unlikely to happen in the brief window before Q4 earnings. The first two events, however unlikely, would manifest after an earnings release, not before. And the other events are so unlikely you would be better off to all but ignore them.

Never play with money you absolutely can't lose so you can not worry about these extremely unlikely events. :cool:

Just a reminder - today is a good reveal of the participants of this board.

Those who have sold out their positions, in whole or in part, but not admitted it, will be posting things with a negative slant (or not posting at all in sickness). Those who have held tight in preparation for this will be happy! My options are going crazy!

Congrats to all longs.:)

I left an "easy" $9k on the table there... But in my defence I was spooked by the Iran/US macro BS, not Tesla. And in any case, at least I got 36x investment and was smart enough to only sell 50% :D

I take it as a learning opportunity.

I have always accumulated shares and limited my options to LEAPS. I’ve never possessed the nerve nor background and training to time the market. Day trading is beyond my understanding.

At this market capitalization, I assume Elon will focus his efforts and disrupt the utility industry. Combing solar power and ever improving battery Technologies, will disrupt the business models of electric utilities.

I’m leaping out. Good luck to all.

I left an "easy" $9k on the table there... But in my defence I was spooked by the Iran/US macro BS, not Tesla. And in any case, at least I got 36x investment and was smart enough to only sell 50% :D

I take it as a learning opportunity.

Understandable. I've just learned over the years to not get spooked by general macro news. Especially saber-rattling.

But options are a different case than a long-term holding because it's not always possible to hold them long enough to "make whole" even if the company is performing well.