Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does take longer to go on a road trip when you have to stop and charge. For example, I regularly drive from SF area to LA and Santa Barbara, and it takes about 45 minutes to an hour longer to do that in my P85 than it did in my previous car. Not a big deal, but worth disclosing. And if you can't charge at home or work, that can be an inconvenience too, although most people can.

When they hear that and weigh against the positives, the positives win by a mile.

True but much less so for the more recent teslas like model 3 with 300 mile range. We rented a P85 back in 2015 from getaround.com for our first test if we can do the SF to LA trip before replacing our Honda Odyssee with a model x in 2016. No regrets, but X90D takes more charging stops than our model 3.

You can just sense the frustration with these people. They just don't know what to do with TSLA. It's really getting funny to me.

Dan

*Facepalm*. Preorders are not covered by the revised SEC agreement.

"Production numbers or sales or delivery numbers (whether actual, forecasted, or projected) that have not been previously published via pre-approved written communications issued by the Company (“Official Company Guidance”) or deviate from previously published Official Company Guidance"

"Production numbers or sales or delivery numbers (whether actual, forecasted, or projected) that have not been previously published via pre-approved written communications issued by the Company (“Official Company Guidance”) or deviate from previously published Official Company Guidance"
"...but it HAS to be a violation, doesn't it? He tweeted...and it was about the company (or was it?), so it MUST be a violation." They need there to be a violation in there somewhere. Otherwise, he did nothing wrong and what else could they possibly report on.

Dan

Dang! I think the shorts just woke up and decided to try to push hard. Let the games begin (or should I say continue). Must be a black friday sale on short shorts. lol!

Dan

Screenshot_20191129-093433_Robinhood.jpg

Reading this thread on "tweakers.net". It's a well known Dutch tech website. There is a dedicated section for anything concerning mobility. In this section here is a thread that have members post about their Tesla deliveries. There are hundreds of post a day (if not from the same people, a bit like this thread sometimes ;))

The last few days (weeks) it's been mostly talk about getting vins. A lot of reports of members receiving delivery dates between 1-15 dec or 15-30 dec.

Additionally, there's multiple anecdotal reports of Tesla employees saying that they have received a (or multiple) batches of cars with US (head)lights, which have to be refitted. It's not a major issue, but with possibly hundreds of cars it is significant.

Further, apparently there was a move to a (larger) adjacent area. One of the reason for this move is that it will allow them to continue deliveries in the evening (possibly lightning or security), as well as it's just area that is easier to make the delivery process more efficient.
On the other hand, doesn't really mean that much. It's a rather large car terminal and it's still the same location.

This post shows a few pictures of the process as it was. There is actually a transfer service from nearby train station to the car terminal with a Model X.

I will scan the thread occasionally and will update if any juicy details or reports come to light.
December delivers will be nuts. That's for sure.:cool:

More like 4,5 hours. He says he rather cruises at 120 or 130 km. And to be honest, I think he lives in that car. He's an investor and doesn't need a day job.

What this story tells us is, that the early problems with battery connectors and motor bearings with Model S/X are gone. And I have not heard any such stories or problems with Model 3. The battery he's using is still at 86% after over 600K km with about 40% SuC usage (he tries to keep it in 20 to 80 % SoC range). Again, makes me confident my Model 3 does the planned 500k km without any sweat.

I never had a battery issue on my P85, but I did have the drive-unit replace 4 times, yes FOUR... not a hint of that with my XP100D, which I believe has the same rear-unit (or rather not *the same¨*, but you know what I mean).

Here's an article (in German) about the 1m P85: Tesla Rekordfahrt im Model S: v. Gemmingen fährt 1 Million km im Elektroauto - manager magazin online

• Informative
Reactions: humbaba and Lessmog

Isn't the whole point of the reservation count that it corresponds to projected production or sales or delivery numbers?

Isn't the whole point of the reservation count that it corresponds to projected production or sales or delivery numbers?

Not according to TSLAQ ;)

Seriously, it's not a company forecast - it's just a statement of fact on a non-covered topic (preorders). There's X preorders. Wake me up when Elon says, "... and we expect Y% of them to convert into sales, e.g. X * Y = Z sales."