Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S&PGR Revises Tsla Otlk To Pos Frm Neg; 'B-' Rtg Affmd

-- Given Tesla Inc.'s(TSLA) recent debt reduction and stronger than expected cash flow, its financial commitments appear sustainable for now--albeit with ongoing execution risks.
-- We are affirming our 'B-' issuer credit rating on Tesla to reflect sufficient liquidity cushion to manage production rampups in China for the Model 3 and the launch of the Model Y in 2020. We are revising the outlook to positive from negative.
-- The positive outlook reflects an increased likelihood that Tesla's credit metrics will improve more than our base-case projection because of higher demand and manufacturing-related efficiencies. We assume debt to EBITDA falls below 4x, with slightly negative free operating cash flow (FOCF) in 2020.
Whoa!

What just happened?View attachment 473815

MarketWatch - 4 minutes ago: S&P Global revises Tesla debt outlook to positive

Partnering with Apple to handle the phones and other customer facing? Okay, I can sorta see the benefit to Tesla in terms of drawing on experience, but I seriously cannot see Apple selling that as a service. And, in the long run, Tesla is better off investing in their own people and processes.

If, instead of a sold service, it was a partnership where Apple took over the user part of the car and customer interactions so that they could collect fees for Apple music, etc.... Okay, that would be a partnership. But would it be mutually beneficial? I think not, Tesla would be creating an external dependency (like the Adobe/Apple relationship, where Apple could constrain Tesla based on Apple's agenda) such that any benefit would only be near term. In the long run, Apple would benefit by gaining a revenue stream from Tesla and the ability to exert influence.

But that would be one-sided and not mutually beneficial.

Couldn't agree more!

Looks like another battle for 320...

EDIT: See? By posting that, battle over. ;)

Some huge volume came in to move SP above 324. I would love to see this huge positive buying volume come in during the final minutes of trading to thwart the Hedge Funds' manipulation during those final 10 min of the day.

You can't expect the German government to not protect its own automakers from being curb-stomped by an upstart American company on their home turf, can you?
Lol, but that's exactly what the Bundeskabinett decided NOT to do, over the advice of German automakers. That was 4cm too far, even for Deutsche politiker. :p

Just curious. What is your definition of the future, if 8months from is now isnt..? What do you call it then?

Its not the past, and not the present.. its.. ?

;-)
8 months is right around the corner

Oh boy, you read this as that? :oops:

"Hey Elon do you plan on using higher than current capacity battery packs for Plaid S/X?"​
I have to agree it's inconclusive.

The problem is that people ask a lot of offtopic stuff in Elon's threads, so you could read it as a separate question or as a question related to the tweet above. Without Elon spelling out the whole thing, it becomes one of those statements that different people interpret differently.
He had to issue clarifications in the past when people were confused about what tweets meant.

To be clear, we need to distinguish between design and manufacture. Yes, Apple only designs all its products, and is mostly manufactured by third parties outside the USA. The question is not whether Apple will actually manufacture cars, but whether they will design their own car (to be manufactured by Apple or a third party) or whether they will partner with existing OEM designs, and merely provide software/sensor systems (or neither).
"merely"?

Source is this rumor:
Any articles or other links to back that up beside user comment? I have not seen anything to that extent. They did, however, let go about 200 people back in February from many different departments. But one cannot draw any definitive conclusions from that, as there have been reports of hardware related engineering since then. (Look at the timeline in that article I linked to earlier.)

Apple Car: It's no secret, Apple's actively working on Car tech

"Though multiple rumors have suggested Apple has shifted its focus to autonomous driving software rather than a full-on car, the August 2018 rehiring of Tesla engineer Doug Field has led to speculation that Apple may again be exploring a car option...

Apple in January 2019 cut 200 employees from the autonomous car team, with many of those employees moving to other projects at Apple. Despite the culling of the team, Apple says that it continues to believe there is a "huge opportunity" with autonomous systems, and that the remaining team is focusing work on "several key areas for 2019....

Internally, employees said the dismissals were not a surprise, but an expected restructuring under the new leadership of Doug Field, who joined Apple in August 2018 to lead the team alongside Bob Mansfield. It's not clear how this change will impact Apple's work in the autonomous vehicle field...

Apple in December 2018 hired former senior Tesla and Microsoft HoloLens designer Andrew Kim, and given his history, he could be working on Apple's rumored AR glasses project or its upcoming Apple car that's said to be in development...

Apple in July hired Steve MacManus, a former Tesla executive with expertise in car exteriors and interiors. MacManus now works as a "Senior Director" at Apple and could be working on Apple's car project."

This needs to be stated. With the November 21 pickup debut, Tesla has just co opted the LA Auto Show. The amount of hype and hoopla around the Tesla floor will be off the charts, mark my words.

Don't tell me Elon didn't notice the positive press Rivian got last year at the LA Show.

I was expecting this a few weeks ago as soon as I saw the LA Auto Show dates. I don't see how Tesla doesn't bring the pickup to the show.